Husband Vs. Wife Vaping Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsignor

Mar 18, 2012
Omaha, NE
First post, super excited!!

Recently purchased some e-juice and had no major issues filling up blank cartomizers. However, I am experiencing different vapor than my wife. When she puffs from the e-cig, she can produce normal vapor, but the second she inhales, when she exhales, there is nothing. She isn't holding it in but a second. I can then grab the same cig, and produce fair vapor after an exhale.

I guess, I have a couple questions. Are some juices (flavors) better than others when producing vapor? Because, this particular flavor has a thin vapor compared to other flavors from the same vendor. All flavors are PG.

And how come when my wife inhales, no vapor whatsoever comes out on the exhale?

By the way, we are using the same cig. She inhales, exhales, nothing, hands to me, inhale, exhale, vapor.

Thanks guys, looking forward to the responses.

Fringeoflunacy

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Iowa
Hmm, that's strange. I suppose there could be a few different things at play here.

1) Are you both inhaling the same way? If you inhale just into your mouth, but she inhales into her lungs, that would make a difference. I definitely get less exhaled vapor if I draw all the way into my lungs. Also the way you draw may be slightly different. My boss just tried vaping again and he tries to draw on it like it's a traditional cigarette and gets a lot less vapor than I do (but he still gets a little).

2) Are you both inhaling the same amount? Obviously if you're inhaling more than her then you'll be exhaling more as well.

3) Does she suffer from dry mouth (or do you have extra saliva :D)? Vapor is composed of water, some of which it absorbs from you. If she has less water for it to absorb then there will be less visible vapor. (This is the one I'm least sure on, since it's a bit more science-y)

That's all I could think of that would make a difference, hope it helps. :)

Monsignor

Mar 18, 2012
Omaha, NE
Thanks for the quick reply. We are both inhaling into the lungs and she claims to not have a case of dry mouth. I personally feel I take bigger draws, however, she is capable of pulling very decent vapors with other flavors.

What is crazy about the whole thing is that she can suck all the vapor into her mouth without inhaling and push it out as a healthy plume of vapor. But the second it hits her lungs, all of it is absorbed. Could it be the juice? Do sweeter juices produce less vapors? This particular flavor is strawberry-banana. It's a mystery, for sure.

Monsignor

Mar 18, 2012
Omaha, NE
Again, we both inhale all the way to the lungs.

I'm willing to accept different flavors create different vapors. It's really all I have to go on. We're sitting here trouble shooting, trying to find differences and I was able to replicate her affect. It seems she draws WAY deeper into the lungs than I do. As soon as I get a throat hit, I exhale. I took a deep inhale like she does and voila...no vapor.

We both still get a throat hit, and a burst of flavor, but it kinda sucks not getting a nice vapor out of it (that's the fun part for me). We'll dabble in some other flavors. If there is any vendors anyone could recommend that are notorious for producing great vapors, feel free to let me know.

This was a first order of juice (we started e-cigs about a month ago), so we are just trying to get used to the whole experience and want to make sure we are getting the best outcome.

First and foremost, I want to be assured that the full absorption of the vapor isn't a concern, but just a nuisance.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
My husband doesn't really vape, but occasionally takes a hit off of my pc and uses it like a traditional cig. He produces little to no vapor. It could be that she is drawing on it as if it is a tradiitional cig and not a pv. I don't think that she'll be bothered by it unless she is not satisfied with the vape and returns to smoking. Oh, and welcome to you and your wife!

Monsignor

Mar 18, 2012
Omaha, NE
Thank you dlsw. I assure you, we won't be returning to analogs.

John, I was in the same boat as you. I thought I might have overfilled the blanks and it would fix itself as it was reduced. However, her and I have been smoking it down for the last 48 hours without any change in vapor (we don't smoke a lot). I filled other cartomizers the same way with different flavors and the vapor is normal. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been perplexed through the learning process.

Fringeoflunacy

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Iowa
That explains a lot, in my opinion. All PG doesn't produce a lot of vapor to begin with. My BF and I both have trouble getting much vapor with 100PG (and it irritates the hell out of my throat). I'd suggest trying something with at least a little VG next time, like 80/20 or 70/30. You'll get a little less throat hit, but a lot more vapor. I personally use 50/50 and I think it's a great balance. It's all a matter of personal preference though.

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Welcome to the ECF! Just my observations, as my husband and I both vape. I like lots of flavors and have noticed with some that I do not get a lot of vapor. The fruity ones can be low vapor juices typically. I vape 70/30 or 80/20 mixes. The lowest producer of vapor so far was a pineapple flavor. Just what I have experienced so far.

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
My orange cream hardly produces ANY vapor at all. I've almost gone red in the face trying to get some decent vapor and it's just bleh. All my other juices do great. They're all 100% PG, too, so it is, indeed a mystery. However, my guy produced more vapor than I could on the orange cream, but not much. There are TONS of places to try, so if it's a problem, you can try elsewhere or mix up the PG and VG as suggested or both. Good luck and welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread