Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I think we should start the Satin Gray X ECF club. :w00t:
    Who wants to do the GREY t-shirt design? I nominate @AngeNZ , though I could try.
    Or maybe you have design talents we don't know about?
    Thinking gray t-shirts to matchy matchy our satin gray Project X's.
    Still don't know the difference between gray and grey and Ange won't tell me.

I'll design them - give me a few days ;)

Gray is the colour/shade - grey is the colour of your hair :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'll design them - give me a few days ;)

Gray is the colour/shade - grey is the colour of your hair :D
    I love my gray hair. :D I don't believe in that whole grecian formula thang. I go au naturale (trying to learn another language besides Maori).

That whole looking young ship sailed looooong ago haha. It sank.
    I do have an ooooolder brother who grecians and it looks funny with his wrinkles. :lol: Told him he needs to grecian the eyebrows too.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    There's a more MTL version of the project X on FT now:

$22.89 Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled MTL RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml / 316 stainless steel + PEI / 22.5mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

9701119-1.jpg

It is a little different and more MTL oriented but inserts theoretically could be drilled bigger so maybe I will buy it... what i like is filling is not side filling. In this viseo below you can see much more than differences... I have to try interesting wicking method where wells are almost empty.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Who wants to do the GREY t-shirt design? I nominate @AngeNZ , though I could try.

I just looked at tracking for mine and it's in Nanjing too. Been there a while too.
    "Your item has been processed through a facility in NANJING EMS, CHINA at 1:01 pm on June 24, 2019"
    I ordered mine on the 19th same day this thread was reopened. Is that when you ordered yours?

Also have an order from the 16th that they haven't done anything with, yet. :confused:
    Thought I read FT has a new delivery service. Perhaps we are the test subjects?
    View attachment 823253
    The FastTech Hot Air Balloon Express!!! :eek:

I am very Zen with all things FT. One must be!
    I’m game for matching gray t-shirts. But I have no design talents lol! Grey, gray, tomato, tomatoes lol!

Yes I ordered on the 19th too. But mine was accepted on the 22nd. My package ordered on the 13th finally reached the acceptance stage on the 24th. I have a feeling Nanjing is much further from the airport.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Running it in TC mode at 400f with a preheat of 17watts (I sound so techie :D) I'm finding it very miserly for a 2ml - so I won't bother with the extension. But as you vape at better watts than me and DL you will probably need it :thumb:

I'm on the fence with squonking - I love a couple of RTAs so much, that unless I can replicate their vape with an RDA it's gonna be probably a part time thing - RTA in the morning, squonk all night. The main trouble will be finding an RDA that vapes like the doggy RTA ;)
    True I usually vape a Restricted DL @ around 30 watts. But I recently got a Dvarw Mtl for my newly acquired Provari Mini & am enjoying it. The Provari Mini won’t do more than about 15 watts. So with the Project X I wanted to use higher Ohms & vape it Mtl.

I usually don’t order accessories or add-ons either until I know how I like it. But this time just the thought of waiting again for the 4ml :eek: . In the past 2ml was not enough capacity.

Either way Mtl or RDL I’m covered with the 4ml extension. :D

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    :lol:

I'm giving mine the two week test (if it doesn't annoy me during two weeks of usage it passes) then ordering another ;)

Also bookmarked the Hussar v1 RDA - anyone tried that?
    I've been thinking about it @Vape Muppet kindly made a list of suggestions which is why i've got 6 RTA's coming....the hussar is in my basket along with the flash-e-vapor but I haven't clicked through on it yet :)

That's what i've said actually if the tanks don't instantly pee me off the first build they'll pass muster....I haben't had an RTA since the EHPRO Revel peed me off in 2015..:lol:

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK

I'm sorry but I do not approve of the Satin Gray X ECF Club since I was different and bought black. Now Super Shiny Polished Silver Fingerprint Magnet X ECF Club I can endorse. I'll even get one to gain full membership access. Providing you also start the Creek Ice Matte RDA ECF Club, you enabler! :D

And as a Brit I can explain the difference between gray and grey. Grey is a colour and a Gray is a particularly nasty alien who sneaks into people homes at night and abducts their shinies and probably raids their fridge too.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I'm sorry but I do not approve of the Satin Gray X ECF Club since I was different and bought black. Now Super Shiny Polished Silver Fingerprint Magnet X ECF Club I can endorse. I'll even get one to gain full membership access. Providing you also start the Creek Ice Matte RDA EFC Club, you enabler! :D

And as a Brit I can explain the difference between gray and grey. Grey is a colour and a Gray is a particularly nasty alien who sneaks into people homes at night and abducts their shinies and probably raids their fridge too.
    :lol::lol::lol:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'm sorry but I do not approve of the Satin Gray X ECF Club since I was different and bought black. Now Super Shiny Polished Silver Fingerprint Magnet X ECF Club I can endorse. I'll even get one to gain full membership access. Providing you also start the Creek Ice Matte RDA ECF Club, you enabler! :D

I do promise we will take on all Project X users into the X club. ;)
    Ange will just have to design a couple more t-shirts. I hope.

I am always most happy to provide shiny vape gear enabling services to my friends.

Did you get your Creek yet?

Also I am sorry to hear about your dad. I do hope he is doing better. I am still very far behind on catching up in all threads so I am sorry if i missed anything or your updates.

Love to your dad, you and your family my Muppet friend. Talk to me if you want. You know my virtual number bud!

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    I do promise we will take on all Project X users into the X club. ;)
    Ange will just have to design a couple more t-shirts. I hope.

I am always most happy to provide shiny vape gear enabling services to my friends.

Did you get your Creek yet?

Also I am sorry to hear about your dad. I do hope he is doing better. I am still very far behind on catching up in all threads so I am sorry if i missed anything or your updates.

Love to your dad, you and your family my Muppet friend. Talk to me if you want. You know my virtual number bud!

I should hope so, a satin grey/gray X club would be rather limited. ;)

Yes you've seen I got it, so you must have caught up by now. :D

And thank you very much for your kind words and best wishes my friend. :)

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    It is a little different and more MTL oriented but inserts theoretically could be drilled bigger so maybe I will buy it... what i like is filling is not side filling. In this viseo below you can see much more than differences... I have to try interesting wicking method where wells are almost empty.

Yeah I found that wicking idea interesting too. I use 20/80 pg/VG so I'm definitely going to try it out. I've cued it up here for you guys to see what you think ;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

Yeah I found that wicking idea interesting too. I use 20/80 pg/VG so I'm definitely going to try it out. I've cued it up here for you guys to see what you think

@Janusz and @AngeNZ that is a great video with an interesting technique. Thank you both for sharing. You both rock!!!

I vape 50vg/50pg, 60/40 and 70/30 juices. I can see where his technique would work well with higher VG juices. With thinner juices I am not so sure. But I will try his wicking technique to see and learn.
    Once I get my X that is ... someday soon ... in the not so distant future ... here on Earth.

I trim a significant amount of bulk off my cotton wicks for the Kayfun Prime and also the Atmizoo Tripod. I cut each side of the cotton from an end right up to the shoulder of the coil repeating that on the other side. I trim roughly 40% (each side) from my wicks. Then insert into the juice wells. And for me that works perfectly every time. When I use rayon I trim about 50% off the wick as rayon requires more trim.

I'm planning to try my cotton technique when I get the X and see how it fares. The size of the juice wells where the cotton is placed is roughly the size of the Prime/Tripod from eyeballing pictures of the X deck. Then I want to try the technique in the video and see how that goes.

I do think that what I normally trim falls right in line with Janusz tip "it is very important to not put too much cotton because if tank will press cotton in area of u shape cutout it can compress cotton and cause poor wicking leading to dry hits".

I can also see where trimming the cotton on the tops versus sides may help with the Project X to avoid compressing the cotton. I love trying and messing around with new ways of doing things. It's a blast!!!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @Janusz and @AngeNZ that is a great video with an interesting technique. Thank you both for sharing. You both rock!!!

I vape 50vg/50pg, 60/40 and 70/30 juices. I can see where his technique would work well with higher VG juices. With thinner juices I am not so sure. But I will try his wicking technique to see and learn.
    Once I get my X that is ... someday soon ... in the not so distant future ... here on Earth.

I trim a significant amount of bulk off my cotton wicks for the Kayfun Prime and also the Atmizoo Tripod. I cut each side of the cotton from an end right up to the shoulder of the coil repeating that on the other side. I trim roughly 40% (each side) from my wicks. Then insert into the juice wells. And for me that works perfectly every time. When I use rayon I trim about 50% off the wick as rayon requires more trim.

I'm planning to try my cotton technique when I get the X and see how it fares. The size of the juice wells where the cotton is placed is roughly the size of the Prime/Tripod from eyeballing pictures of the X deck. Then I want to try the technique in the video and see how that goes.

I do think that what I normally trim falls right in line with Janusz tip "it is very important to not put too much cotton because if tank will press cotton in area of u shape cutout it can compress cotton and cause poor wicking leading to dry hits".

I can also see where trimming the cotton on the tops versus sides may help with the Project X to avoid compressing the cotton. I love trying and messing around with new ways of doing things. It's a blast!!!

Yeah I had a play with that technique this morning. Previously I never had a dry hit from the X, it was just curiosity ;)

Anyway, I must've cut the wicks too short, as I got a dry hit :lol:

I went back to my usual way - but instead of slightly thinning the ends, I cut an angle off like in the video, cut the rest of the wicks a tad shorter than where I normally cut (I'd previously been cutting them just slightly shorter than the end of the deck) - poked her in and Bob's your uncle - good as gold :thumb:

So it definitely has it's merits - but just don't cut too short ;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Here's your T-shirt design, I'd prefer it if he was giving you the bird, but I won't have too much of an artiste tantrum over it :rolleyes:

View attachment 823579
    I love it!!! You did an awesome job.

You left me speechless ... for now. :lol:

Give me a minute ... I'll have a comeback. :confused:

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    I have a feeling that FT’s diverting mail to Nanjing to avoid packages being returned to them is going to take a lot longer to arrive than usual. :|

Seems that way at the moment. My latest leaving Nanjing has been in transit for 7 days which is odd because the same tracking on Royal Mail says it hasn't left China yet. Like all things FT it will get here eventually I suppose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread