doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I think typo myself. HV attys and XHV are not the same resistance,
The X would mean extra HV over the reg HV atty.. lol

I use the 5.2 ohm at 6-7v and find it very nice in the 510 variety.
This is using 3.7 batteries (2) =7.4v

I have a Buzz ordered also.. I plan on using reg attys at 4.7v which would be best for me.

I use the HV attys for My Chuck and Omega at well over 6 volts and it is awesome..

Good luck on your Buzz!

PS 3.5ohm would be nice at 6v. Reg HV atty. Just havent tried it yet.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Regarding the two 901 atties with the 5.2ohm rating...the ones that say NEW, are the XHV's to use at 7.+ v's...The other is NOT a typo, they were just the first batch that Ike received that he felt performed better at the 6v range, prior to IkenVapes complete redesign of the XHV 901...The 510's are marked properly, and work to perfection at the appropriate voltage...hope this helps!

Best- Mr.e

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks a bunch, that would make sense.

Not being a great fan of the 901 I never bothered with that section other than know they were there. I have however used a 3.5Ohm 901 at 6V without any problem.

That being said, many say that there is no such thing as a break in period for attys. I have found that some are good straight out of the box while others do require a certain amount of breaking in. My friend Goldielocks (VaporMadness) has come to this conclusion as well. From another thread:

LR attys sometimes run too hot on full 3.7v until broken in. I could break them in for a couple of days on the TornegoRivaMaxx, and then put them on the Lizard
Being a 510 fan and being a fan of SLBs I couldn't wait for Isaac to stock the HV 510 as I was down to my last 2 510 SLBs. These were all seasoned prior to being used at HV, and performed flawlessly until dead.

So when I got my 510s in, I poped one on the lizard and gave it a whirl at 6V. Within 1/2 hr I had burnt the wick, unfortunately not all of it. I had never burnt a wick before, so I say WTF. The atty will provide a good vape at 3.7-5V but is now useless at 6V (unless wet).

So as usual when these unusual problems surface I take a sober pause and look at what might of transpired (the engineer in me). I am still a rookie when it come to HV applications (read 6V or higher). To make a long story short, reflecting back there seems to be a great deal of credence in what VM states, break attys in at a lower voltage.

The SLBs do indeed seem to require a break in period (not a bad thing) compared to JoyE attys, which I had been accustomed to, and some longer than others. I have since recognized the signs of an atty that requires to be broken in, something that surfaced further in my vaping journey than most.

FWIW I am still using 2 of the original LRs from NHaler, that have only begun to really shine in the last month or so. How long will they last? Dunno! I didn't care for LR because i was getting a funky taste from them (read funky not funny), that has since gone away and they perform well now. That also being said, LRs are reserved for casual demon fighting and, they do the job.

... and of course, there is always Chinese QC, where it seems at times that attys will pop in spurts. I went through one of those spells as well, with my 801s, not from IkenVape, but a pretty bad stretch that almost cause me to give up on them, my latest batch perform like champs. That being said I have an 801 that I use at HV, that has been in use (straight from the box) with the lizard since I received my lizard. So we continue to be plagued by inconsistent Chinese workmanship :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread