Status
Not open for further replies.

gregg perrelli

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
landing nj
nhaler show 2 HV 801 atomizers

-High Voltage 801 Atomizer w/ 4.5 Resistance
High Voltage 801 Atomizer w/ 4.5 Resistance...these will take approximately 1 Volt Off of the Source Voltage

High Voltage 801 Atomizers
High Voltage 801 Atomizers 5.2...These will take Approximately 2 Volts Off of the Source Voltage

i'm not sure do these reduce the current to the coil or???

oh and what is the difference between a high bridge or low bridge attie. dose this refer to the hight of the col in the tube. if that is the case will this effect how the cartridge fits. i rarely fill carts on my 801 but if i want to to does this make a difference.

thanks again for any info you can help with

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
Increasing the resistance of an atomizer does not lower the voltage by any degree because there is only a single load in the circuit, the atomizer. Technically speaking it will lower the current flowing in the circuit. Guys, especially dealers, should explain this more correctly to avoid any more confusions. It is your duty to educate not to confuse. So sorry but I just had to do it...
Nico, 02-12-10

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Fundamentals are KEY IMO ! it is BASIC Ohms Law V/I/R Ohm's Law Calculator

If you have 2 3volt batts with 4.5 ohm atty its 1.3 amps @ 8 watts , with a 5.2 ohm atty 1.15 amps @ 6.9 watts.

For 7.4 volts it's ( 4.5 ohm atty ) = 1.64 amps @ 12.17 watts
or ( 5.2 ohm atty ) = 1.42 amps @ 10.53 watts

BTW the Voltage STAYS the SAME !!

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
Theoritically that would be the case but there are a lot of variables in the equation. The heater design the shape, the wick, the air input calibrations, the mass of the housing will cause some heat sinking, etc. That is the reason some atomizers are better in some respects compared with other ones operating at thesame voltage. It all somes up to this: If you are happy with a particular atomizer and voltage stick to it.

Nico

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
Perhaps you'll be interested on my own experience. I am currently using a Prodigy V2 using a Joyce 510 from Health Cabin, China. I found out that not all 510's are the same. It differs from one manufacturer to another. I am also using VG (vegetable glycol). This is the best vapor I have ever expeience. As far as the Prodigy V2 is concern, I am reluctant to recommend it to anybody unless you like to tinker with it to make it to work. There are a lot of 6volt mods around that I think that is more reliable.

Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread