HW1 Coils (Eleaf Ello & TFV8 Baby Beast) instantly burning no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applejuice

Oct 23, 2017
Hello! I'm fairly new to vaping and i had a great experience untill i had to order new coils after a while. The first two, included hw1 baby beast coils worked perfectly, the first of my newly ordered coils worked great too, but burned a bit quicker. After that i've had 1 more "working" coil, and 4 coils that seem "busted".

The vape i'm using is an Eleaf iJust nexgen.

I prime the coil (practically drowned the last 2 coils i tried)
i assemble the parts n fill the tank
let it sit for a while (experimented with 30min to 24 hours)
i do 2-6 "normal" hits without activating the vape (dry hits?)
After these steps i have tried to:
A. do a few short hits with about a minutes rest between each and then normal hit.
B. do normal hits from the start
C. Long hit first, then normal ones after letting it sit for a bit
every time (on the busted coils) i've gotten an somewhat burnt to incredibly burnt taste on the first to fourth hits (different burnt levels on different coils).

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? or are the coils simply bad?
Also, i'm sorry if this thread already exists, i couldn't find any that seemed to have this much problems with this particular type of coil.

Edit:
Link to the coils i ordered (in swedish tho) Thanks Canadian_Vaper :)
swedishmixology(.)se/butik/eleaf-hw-coils-5-pack/

Last edited:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Hey there! Welcome to ECF! Do you have a link to the coils you ordered? Will make things easier :)

Also if you puff without activating the device they're called primer puffs and not dry hits. A dry hit is when your cotton is dry and you get a puff of nastiness

Applejuice

Oct 23, 2017
They're the same, i think. But I had the feeling that they were ever so slightly bigger than the previous, original 2 coils. >_>
And the coils are from the same place i bought the vape from so one can only hope its not fake stuff :eek:
Also tried using 3 different eliquids so far when priming and filling the first tank. (using the same liquid for one coil)

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Last edited:

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
If you burn a coil pretty bad dump your juice and rinse your tank or your next coil will suck up that burnt tasting juice. 5 to 10 minutes of letting new coils soak juice is all you need. And i have gotten whole packs of bad authentic coils before. Also ive had a few where the coil was floating off the cotton a little and that part will get red hot and burn your cotton. I always inspect and push the coil into the cotton if i have to but dont smash it into the cotton or it wont wick right.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Poke em.

Take a needle and gently poke them on the side juice holes.

Seems to work for everyone else.

Users of these coils can tell you "You can't Poke 'em!"! There is no side access to the cotton. The wicking areas (2) on the inside do not line up with outside areas (3).
The HW2, 3 and 4 can be poked though..

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I use these coils in the ELLO XL. One on the iKonn which is basically the same power profile as the iJust NexGen. 50W max, no adjustments, same range for coils. I also use the ELLO XL on a Pico and set it to 50W.

If you are doing all that dancing to prime that coils and they aren't working out, I would think your coils are bad.
I simply drop 4 big drops of eliquid on the top of my coil, making sure one of those drops goes in the center, put everything together, fill the tank and do one or two primer puffs then a few short power drags and it's good to go.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am not familiar with your device, am I right in assuming it only does 50watts and can not be adjusted lower? If so and if you can't poke a needle in your coils, might I suggest letting them soak a good 30 minutes or so in the tank and see if that helps also. Welcome to ECF, I am sure someone can help you figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread