Hybrid friendly 22mm RTA/RDTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
Hello.
After receiving my Siren 2 22mm I am more then pleased with it but I am also looking for some RTA/RDTA for flavour chasing direct lung. It does not need to be the best flavour RTA/RDTA in existance but something that can deliver really good flavour with some decent amount of vapour? Something like Velocitiy Mini but with a tank?
I have the V-Mini in clone but... yeah it is a clone so build quality is horrible and the screws doesn't really work so it is 24/7 burnt metal taste and I do not want to hassle with that. I also don't like dripping every few drags.
Any ideas for that?
mod I use is SMPL, batteries are Sony VTC4s and Aspire 20A 2600mAh (so more like 13A CDR), I'd like something that can be decent at 50-60W (I know it depends on a build but some attys have AF more optimised for different power levels)

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I really like the gas mods gr1. It is a single coil, 22mm rda. It has airflow adapters that allows you to customize your airflow to your needs. The way I set mine up, I get awesome flavor and nice size clouds at 40w. This pretty much retired the rest of my 22mm single coil RDAs, including the wasp nano and pulse 22. It seriously out performs them, in my opinion at least.

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
I really like the gas mods gr1. It is a single coil, 22mm rda. It has airflow adapters that allows you to customize your airflow to your needs. The way I set mine up, I get awesome flavor and nice size clouds at 40w. This pretty much retired the rest of my 22mm single coil RDAs, including the wasp nano and pulse 22. It seriously out performs them, in my opinion at least.
Thanks but I am looking for RDTA/RDA. I knew there was a special edition of Avocado that was 22mm but I cannot find it anymore.
I know there is a lot of decent RDAs for 22mm but I want something with tank included. I do not switch flavour so much often so there is not really a point of using a RDA.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Thanks but I am looking for RDTA/RDA. I knew there was a special edition of Avocado that was 22mm but I cannot find it anymore.
I know there is a lot of decent RDAs for 22mm but I want something with tank included. I do not switch flavour so much often so there is not really a point of using a RDA.
I apologize, I guess when i read your post I registered RTA as RDA. I have no opinions on good RTAs. After using a good RDA I cannot get into RTAs anymore as they all seem to lack in flavor comparatively. It could just be me though, I lost my sense of smell about 13 years ago, and that dramatically effects my sense of taste.

There are other advantages to RDAs other than swapping flavors easily. I use them pretty much exclusively because they have better flavor than any tank I have used, and I have used quite a few very nice RTAs.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sounds like a recipie for squonking. The box size might turn you off though. The problem is there just aren’t a lot of 22mm tanks around any more. Hopefully someone will come along with one though. GL :)

Reactions: Don29palms

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you like RDAs but not so much the dripping, I guess you could consider squonking? Since you use one flavor over the course of a day, that might be more workable... possibly.

I really don't have much to offer in the more DL arena. I know the Engine series (RDTA) are well liked by those who enjoy higher wattage, but they've been discontinued and may be hard to find.

There are many RTAs that might work, I'm just not your gal for DL.

Best of luck, I do hope you find something that works for you.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah I know about squonking and I never were fan of it.
I just prefer tubes.
I never were in the squonking hype train.
Yeah I know it would be hard to find decent RDTA/RTA withing 22mm as mostly they are 24/25mm but I just want to give it a try. :D
The only thing I can think of is a kanger mini or nano. I don’t know if it’s got a protruding pin or not though. Also it’s a drop in coil tank, though they do make a tiny little build deck for it and the coils themselves are rebuildable

Update: ha! The original aromamizer is 22mm, and there’s a dude selling a bunch of em used

Last edited:
  • Useful

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Also. What about Ammit RTA? That one is Single coil RTA
I’ve got an ammit 22. It’s decent. Flavor is good but not great. It’s got a 510 rather than 810 drip tip hole. It’s got a screw thread connector pin so it will work on a hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread