hybrid mod... something???? please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyknow

Aug 29, 2013
OKC
I'm still pretty new to vaping, 2 months since my last smoke.... I've not any kind of expert on the lingo, so I'm totally dumbing this down. I've been through SEVERAL ecigs. Started with generic iclear starter that sucked, being determined I ventured onto the internet.. found my baby, my tumbler. I've used it with no problems aside from learning how to use it. My bf, however has fallen in love with mechanical mods. Until yesterday when my beloved tumbler, took a tumble off the fireplace and broke, I was a perfectly happy camper. Long story short he's determined to get me vaping with a mechanical mod. He ordered me something... the case says "hybrid mod elite" on the other side it says "Vaportech" I've watched video after video. My main question is, which hole does the wick go in??? There's a "big" hole next to the screw, and on the other side is a smaller hole, with an even smaller hole next to it (obviously not where the wick goes) I'm assuming the wick goes in the smaller hole, because i don't see how the juice goes in otherwise... please help!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yeah the rainbow Elite Hybrid is a cheap mod, that has some easy fixes for the switch. Go to the Elite Hybrid thread to see what every one has done. Also, a genesis atty is one of the most difficult builds to master. If you have a loose loop, or loops are to close and not evenly spaced, you are going to get a hot spot, and the vape is going to be nasty. Also this not a good go to mod. can be lain down flat because it will leak through the SS mesh wick. You'd be better off with a regulated voltage mod or a inexpensive mech mod with a kick and a good atomizer. Even a clone rba with a micro coil would be way easier to master than SS mesh genesis.

You can do a micro coil up there and use either a few strands of SS cable or SS mesh with a cotton core to wick the juice to the coil, and have less trouble. The rainbow is for someone who likes to fiddle with things and loves to get frustrated a lot, before it is device that works well. But there are some tips and tricks to get it running well. And once you master a genesis, you will have great tasting vape, but till then, it's just a form of mass frustration.

Good luck, poor choice for an advanced vaper or beginner. But it can vape, just have to be stubborn.

Rhyknow

Aug 29, 2013
OKC
bf has a reos, and is being the "lady" I am, I'm more about esthetics at this point. I don't want a block in my hand. Put my fav juice in it, it's not horrible :/... better than the left overs set up I've been using the last 2 days. I'm a little proud of myself! It's 4am, I'm drunk and am having a better vape than I've had the last 2 days :) LOL We'll see what I think in the morning! Thanks for all your help!!!

Tbaggerr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
did what youtube said, coil is firing. don't have anyway to test ohms, cause the bottom is weird... about to fill er' up...

Be vary careful if you have no way to test it before you use it! I would recommend getting a tester before starting any RBA, especially a genesis. That is a lot of heat and power you are putting up to your face. Best not to take chances.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
bf has a reos, and is being the "lady" I am, I'm more about esthetics at this point. I don't want a block in my hand. Put my fav juice in it, it's not horrible :/... better than the left overs set up I've been using the last 2 days. I'm a little proud of myself! It's 4am, I'm drunk and am having a better vape than I've had the last 2 days :) LOL We'll see what I think in the morning! Thanks for all your help!!!

I'm also a lady, and my REO is the sexiest mod in my collection, and it performs awesome with the best taste of them all.

I would also caution against using a coil that you do not know the resistance of. That's an accident waiting to happen. Anyone tell you otherwise is being wreckless with YOUR life.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO a hybrid is for an ADVANCED USER ONLY! In the hands of a novice they would be flat out dangerous. A person needs to know all about battery safety, and have building coils down to a science before venturing into the realm of hybrids.

The problem with a true hybrid is you can't take the head off to test the resistance like you can with most mechanicals. (first reason why I don't like them) Also you can't remove the genesis atomizer and use something else. (second reason why I don't like them)

jen180081

Aug 22, 2013
    OKC, ok
    I've built coils before, and have an understanding of them. I tested it today and it was 1.5.. tasted great fired great. Built another one this evening for bf's and it was crap. Rebuilt mine just to play and it was no where near as good. OHM's were fine, but it taste's burnt, not horrible, just off. Guess I do my best work drunk at 4am. So far I like this mod. It's my first mechanical. I know there's better ones, but I'm not ready to invest a big chunk until I have it down. I tried dripping (that's where I learned about building coils) and didn't love it. Obviously need to practice, but I really like the look and idea of this. Thanks again for everyone's help :) ps I was posting under rhyknow last night

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread