Status
Not open for further replies.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
You can cut a new piece of tubing for the tank 1-5/8 inches long, or use your existing MAP tank tube and cut it down to this size. Then use a regular CE2 on the GP-SSR for the bottom part of the hybrid tank and use the MAP tank top delrin for the top part of the hybrid tank.

I like how the MAP tank top delrin piece is designed to use the white rubber cap piece over the ceramic cup in lieu of how the GP-SSR is designed to have the white rubber cap flipped upside down on top of the ceramic cup. You could however, adjust the drip tip tube in the GP-SSR top cap in order to use the white rubber cap in this fashion. The advantages of the GP-SSR are listed below and this is why I used the bottom of the GP-SSR. The way the top of the GP-SSR is designed I would have to occasionally push the white rubber cap down with a pencil eraser to make sure it is seated up against the ceramic cup (if this seal is not maintained vapor would get inside the tank area) and this is why i used the top of the MAP tank to create this hybrid tank MOD.

Hybrid Tank.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

GP-SSR > Good Prophets - Simple Service Reservoir

Eliminates the airy draw that the MAP Tank has.

Has an adjustable air flow.

The CE2 is easier to change.

It can use both clear or steel regular CE2's.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/173390-new-gp-ssr-pics.html

Tubing available from McMaster-Carr

Item number > 8585K13

Polycarbonate Round Tube, 3/4" OD, 5/8" ID, Clear

Sold in 1' increments up to 8'

$1.73 per Ft. + Shipping

PK

Edit to add:

Jump to post #17 on page 2 in this thread for a way of making the Hybrid tank with only using the MAP tank parts, a piece of tubing for the tank, a 510 to 901 adapter, and an O-Ring for the CE2.

You will also need a 901 to 510 adapter to change it back to 510 threading to fit a 510 battery and/or MOD.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
The caps on the MAP tank are different in that the top delrin holds the tube for the drip tip and the bottom delrin takes a cut CE2 that needs to be pressed into the bottom delrin cap.

The caps on GP-SSR are different in that the bottom delrin has a 901 to 510 adapter pressed into the bottom delrin which allows the CE2 to be easily attached. The top cap on the GP-SSR is explained in post #1

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Well I don't want to hijack your thread and I do like the tank you made here.
I'll post this pic of an early "Gummy Tank". But to explain the difference between it and a MAP tank, With a MAP you need to remove the outer tube from the CE2 and with mine you just grind 2 slots into the outer tube to let the juice into the wick. However with mine you must tap a screw into the side of the lexan to fill it through. I have given the Gummy Tank up for "Open Source" (for personal use only) so feel free to play.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
After reading up on the GP-SSR I was curious to see if I could insert a 510 to 901 adapter in the bottom durlin cap of the MAP tank to incorporate the GP-SSR desing into the MAP tank. The 510 to 901 adapter that would need to be pressed into the durlin cap of the MAP tank is too big. With that being said the durlin cap of the MAP tank could be modified to accept the 510 to 901 adapter and you could use an O-Ring from a drip tip for use on the CE2. You would then have to cut a tube to the proper length to get this type of setup to work. Remember this type of setup requires an O-Ring between the CE2 and the 510 to 901 adapter. You would also have to grind down the end of the 510 to 901 adapter that has the air vents slots on it so it is smooth and forms a seal with the O-Ring between the adapter and teh CE2. The inside end part of the derlin cap may need to be filed or grinded down to shorten it so it is as long as the 501 to 901 adapter. This is just another way of getting this type setup without having to buy two MOD's.

Edit to add:

The 501 to 901 adapter is only a couple of thousands of an inch larger than the hole in the MAP tank derlin cap. You may be able to just press the adapter into the derlin cap without modifying the derlin cap. I’m going to give it a try and post back the results.

I was able to grind and then file the adapter down until the vent slots were gone, ending up with a smooth surface for the O-ring to make a seal between the adapter and the CE2. I then filed a chamfer around the same end of the adapter and was able to press it into the derlin cap of the MAP tank.

Without modifying the MAP tank derlin cap, I then put an O-ring on a CE2 and screwed it into the adapter that I pressed into the derlin cap. The CE2 does fit into the derlin cap a little deeper, however I feel this is a better because the O-ring expands in the derlin cap for a better seal, and I don't see this as being a problem.

I will measure and cut another tube for this set up and then post what the length of the tube should be cut at for this set up.

I feel the length of the tank tube is critical with respect to how the white rubber cap fits over the CE2 and how deep the drip tip tube is pressed into the top cap and how it holds the white rubber cap onto the ceramic cup. With that being said I did have a tank tube cut that was 1/16 of inch shorter that I felt was too short for the original hybrid MOD shown in post #1 and made the final tank tube 1/16 inch longer which came out to 1-5/8 inches long.

It appears that a tank tube the same size as the one in post #1, which is 1-5/8 inches long will work with the above setup along with the tank tube that is 1/16 of an inch shorter, which is 1-9/16 inches long. It is best to size the tank tube as you see fit and use my measurements as a guide to modify the MAP tank.

I use the little rubber ring (that comes with the CE2) over the white rubber (refill) cap that fits over the ceramic cup. I adjust the drip tip tube up or down to hold everything where it should be held to ensure a snug fit when it is fully assembled.

Adapter pressed into the end of the MAP tank derlin cap.

Bottom View
MAPBottomView.jpg
Inside View
MAPInsideView.jpg

CE2 screwed onto the adapter that I pressed into the MAP tank derlin cap.

CE2inMapDurlinCap.jpg
NOTE: Make sure to use needle nose pliers and tighten the CE2 enough to make a connection. Test the CE2 at this point by putting it on a battery and making sure it fires before fully assembling the tank.

MAP tank assembled with the 1-9/16 inches long tank tube and a regular CE2.

MapHybridMOD.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread