Hydrogen Cyanide found in counterfeit vape liquid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
The media wording is interesting. Public health crisis, counterfeit, unlicensed, etc. I'm all for keeping people safe, but, many of us have been vaping for over a decade using domestic, and import liquids, with nary an issue. Why now?

Why would a counterfeiter add fungicide to vape liquid? Why would any counterfeiter willfully destroy profit potential? Sort-of defeats the purpose of counterfeiting. Same goes with marijuana... If this were something that's being sprayed on marijuana, why have there not been any cases regarding those who smoke pot?

"We are dealing with a new epidemic." said Dr. Melodi Pirzada.
An epidemic? Epidemics are caused by infectious diseases. Oh well, I suppose "epidemic" has a certain shock-value.

"But no single substance or product has yet been linked to all of the cases of vaping-related lung disease, the CDC says, leaving the medical community grappling with an exploding health crisis with an unknown cause." :confused:

The NBC article is titled:
"Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide."

"Some state health officials have indicated that Vitamin E acetate, a solvent used to "cut" cannabis for use in vape pens, may be responsible for the outbreak."

They've already stated that Myclobutanil creates hydrogen cyanide, not vitamin E acetate. So, which is it?

Here's the big one...
"At the same time, the FDA is struggling to police what has rapidly grown into a billion dollar industry..."
BAM!

It appears that these tragic events are being caused by THC liquids. Not PG, VG, or non oil-based flavorings.

Last edited:

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I was reading something that said they also found fentanyl in some cartridges. Don't have a link so I have no way of knowing if it's true or not. This stuff is getting horribly serious. People are vaping stuff they shouldn't.
We need to face reality. Vaping products require regulation. Kids do stupid things, so we need to protect them as best we can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread