I’m intolerant to fructose, should I vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome!

What kind of reaction does fructose cause for you?

If there would be any fructose in e-juice, I would think it would be in the flavoring. There are only four things in e-juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Nicotine and flavoring. Some people leave out flavoring and/or nicotine. You could try unflavored e-juice to see if that causes a problem.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I don’t know if vaping certain e-juice will cause any problems, I also don’t know if they have fructose or if it could cause me problems since I’m intolerant to it. I’m inhaling instead of eating, but I’m still not convinced. Could someone help? Thanks
Hi and welcome,
You should be fine.
Any fructose in the juice would be at levels less than 10% by volume and since you are not ingesting it, it should not cause problems related to your digestion/intolerance of fructose.

What did your doctor say when asked this same question?

Cheers
I

howdy and welcome :)
Fructose is a regular sugar (sort of). As such it’s much too physically large chemically to be used in flavorings. They generally use artificial sweeteners simply for density. You’re almost certainly safe. Even the fruit flavors.

Thank you! That was my biggest concern since I love fruity e-juices

Reactions: stols001
Welcome!

What kind of reaction does fructose cause for you?

If there would be any fructose in e-juice, I would think it would be in the flavoring. There are only four things in e-juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Nicotine and flavoring. Some people leave out flavoring and/or nicotine. You could try unflavored e-juice to see if that causes a problem.
My digestion slows down and I often have stomach pain/bloating.
I may have to try unflavored e-juices. Thank you!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

If it has to do with digestion, I would probably just vape like normal but keep an eye on it. As long as you won't die from it, It sounds like you're just intolerant of fructose. It may have to do with how the fructose interacts with the acids in the stomach, but vaping has to do more with lungs. Again, I am only guessing and I'm not a doctor.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you were into DIY, you can find the SDS listing for some concentrates. 'Flavor West' has been known to use Fructose in some of theirs.
Fascinating. I use a lot of flavor West. I can possibly see them doing it because flavorwest does this thing where all their flavorings are designed to be used at the same concentration which would leave them occasionally with what amounts to useless wasted space.
What does SDS stand for?
Is there a database anywhere?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sounds like you just don’t digest it and your gut bacteria does it for you instead leading to annoying problems. Just Like lactose intolerance. I’ve got a problem with that one myself. Is there an enzyme you don’t produce? That’s the basis of my lactose problem.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    What does SDS stand for?
    Safety data sheets
    Is there a database anywhere?
    If you head to that big mixing site, look up FW Yellow Cake, and you'll see the warning and old site. This was the listing for 'Fructose'

Fructose (Fruit Sugar, CAS 57-48-7):

• FW Cake Batter Dip (10-15%)
    • FW Coconut Cream Pie (15-25%)
    • FW Ginger Ale (20-30%)
    • FW Strawberry Shortcake (10-20%)
    • FW Yellow Cake (20-30%)

• Useful

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I don’t know if vaping certain e-juice will cause any problems, I also don’t know if they have fructose or if it could cause me problems since I’m intolerant to it. I’m inhaling instead of eating, but I’m still not convinced. Could someone help? Thanks
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might want to stick to vaping one E liquid mix at a time until it proves to be fructose free according to your sensitivity/symptoms.
    Could read:
    Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread