i <3 my provari but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1tro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Vancouver bc
im looking for something for a back up for my provari . i started off with an ego kit and after getting my provari it just doesnt back up my provari the way it should. i know alot of people on here use another provari as back up i was just curious as to what others may be using as back ups to their provaris. thx for your replys and sharing your info in advance.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
A vv madvapes box mod does a nice job of being a "provari backup". It's very inexpensive and works as it's supposed to. I can get exactly the same vape off of it as I can my Provari and it and another vv bottom feeder box serve as my work devices. They take turns going with me out and about when the size of the provari is an issue.

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yea i also had a lavatube before my provari but i ended up selling it , it just didnt cut it for me

I never did trust the LT. Once I got a meter and could see what it was actually doing, that pretty much killed it for me.
On second thought, I added a Buzz Pro and 2 sets of batteries to the cart and it came to $145 with shipping. Heck, might as well just get another ProVari for $15 more and have a better device. Then, I would never be "ProVari-less" if something happened to one of them and it needed to be sent out to get fixed :D

AmnNate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Charleston, SC
I too just got rid of a Lavatube. I wouldn't call it a backup, more of a partner, but I have a Reo Grand that could and has gotten me through anything if it came down to it. Then again, I just scored a backup Reo Grand in a sweet trade. So I thiink I'll be alright, maybe not VV, but I have enough LR stuff to satisfy me in the event of a Provari mishap.

N1tro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Vancouver bc
I never did trust the LT. Once I got a meter and could see what it was actually doing, that pretty much killed it for me.
On second thought, I added a Buzz Pro and 2 sets of batteries to the cart and it came to $145 with shipping. Heck, might as well just get another ProVari for $15 more and have a better device. Then, I would never be "ProVari-less" if something happened to one of them and it needed to be sent out to get fixed :D
yea that seems like the best bet. cant go wrong with another provari

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Could wait for the Provari Mini, that way you'll have all the 18xxx sizes covered and the same extension cap will work on both or if you want to go cheaper and don't need the durability of a tube there are plenty of box mods with switching regulators out there. If you do want a tube but don't want to spend as much the Infinity Pro and Buzz Pro are great choices. I would stick with VV even as a backup, once you get use to vv it's hard to go back.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I sold my LT on the classies yesterday with my kgo batts shipped for 60 shipped together. Hell I think the kgo is more valuable than the LT. Glorified toilet paper holder is what it is. That vision holitzer whatever instead of a puff counter should have a tissue counter counting how many sheets your family used in a day. Sorry for being harsh but the LT was a real disappointment. Only credit I give it is being a stepping stone for the provari. Hell I should of gotten a buzz pro would of been a solid back up!

AmnNate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Charleston, SC
REO is coming out with a vv bottom feeder. It should be out soon, and from the reviews of their other pv's, it should be a good one. :)

Yes, and it will be awesome, but there is gonna be some crazy mad grab at them when they do go on sale. New Reos tend to sell out in hours. Kinda like trying to get a Jonboy Lavatank, lol.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
I got a Buzz Pro as a backup to my Provari and honestly have barely picked up the Provari since getting it. While it fit and finish on the Buzz Pro is nowhere in the ballpark of the Provari, the thumbwheel makes it very easy to dial in my sweet spot and it's a fair amount lighter. Add in the fact that I'm getting excellent battery life from the Buzz Pro and my Provari battery life has always kinda sucked, and I understand why my Provari is just sitting here all alone.

Of course, with the fit and finish and quality craftsmanship of the Provari, it would be my go-to device if I ever wanted to show off one of my mods to someone.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm probably going to grab the buzz like I said but only two things annoy me a tad. The way it makes tanks stick out and the button. It looks like the real button fell off and all that is left is the stub which held it.

I have used the provari a number of times and the buzzes button > provaris button. Not trying to start a war here...this is just my opinion...but the buzzes button is awesome. Really nice and clicky and comfortable to press.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread