Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Filling out the cart so many times and then closing the tab. Ive been going back and forth on weather to buy one of the sabers or a chuck. I like them both. I am finally going to order the saber touch. I almost placed my order a few minutes ago, but sent Sir Lawrence an email with a few questions regarding batteries and questions on the end cap color. I was having such a hard time deciding between the two but I feel the only real difference to the chuck and the saber on just looking at them was that the saber just looked better finished, more elegant. I like the idea that I can put it in a hand bag or pocket with out the PV going off. I cant wait. Im sure there are other reasons for having a saber over the chuck and Im sure someone will point this out. Dont get me wrong the chuck is also a great PV, and who knows, maybe I will get one of them for my son. I cant wait to join the proud owners of the saber touch. After using KGOs for a few months which have been great, I cant wait to hold a PV that will show off all the great accessories that Ive been purchasing, such as my Phiniac tanks, I have a clear with black caps, and awaiting a phiniac black tank ordered with the saber in mind. I also have a VIVi Nova V2.5 coming in. Any one use VIVis on a saber touch? I am going to order the 3.7 volt version. Do the saber touchs come with batteries? If not any suggestions on where to get batteries, how many and a good charger. Im sure I will be vaping the heck out of it as I am already a chain vaper. How long do the batteries last with heavy vaping, let me know if there is anything I need to buy so that when It comes in I will be ready to use it.

PS, read the sticky and saw a discount code, is that still effective? I always miss sales and forget to check for coupons, so I hope I can save a bit? With all the extras I hope to get, any little bit helps.

Last edited:

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Welcome to the Moon(Vapor Moon that is:)) anavidfan:w00t: I myself have never had a chuck, so cannot give you an honest comparison. But I can tell you that I have tried a WHOLE LOT of other Mods out there, and NOTHING compares to a Saber Touch. The build quality is without a doubt the BEST I have encountered. Sealed internals, welded atty connector, perfect fit battery tube, elegant finishes, Touch Sensor, and functionality just to name a few pluses. Now Sabers do not come with batts, but if you are going with the 3.7/6 volt version, I HIGHLY suggest AW IMR 18650's for it. The touch sensor just seems to love the high drain batts. You should get a day out of the 2000mah version easily if you chain vape(3 to 4mls?) Now as for a charger, a Trustfire TR-001 will work just fine for these batts, but I myself HIGHLY recommend A Pila charger for the simple fact of safety. They cost a bit more, but worth it in the long run. I recommend picking up Batts and charger from Super T manufacturing, the have really low prices on product and shipping both, as well as good customer service. Now as for the Vivi Nova, I have been fiddling with one on my Saber Mini now, but having wicking issues(but mines not the V2.5). As far as I know, the coupon code ecf5 is always active for five percent off. Now if you already have the carto's or atty's and juice, you should be good to go with just getting batts and charger.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you so much for all the input. Since I saw this MOD it has been sticking in my brain, of course the fact that it comes in black was one of the most important to me, for some reason, I think almost everything looks better in a nice matte black, which is why im getting the black ice finish. It also seems to be a perfect fit with the Phiniac tanks. Funny you recommended the Super-T site, Ive been haunting that site too. I love the precise, its one of the most beautiful AVPs Ive seen, perfect satin finish and it looks to be an almost titanium toned stainless. To get back to the saber, I will be getting all the things needed to get it going when it gets to me, how long does it usually take to get them ? I know that they are made to order, just a rough idea. THe vivi I ordered is the one with the short wicks, which seems to get much better taste and vape, I hear you can cut the wicks on yours so they are just touching the side of tank. Also doing a dry burn on the coil with a drop of juice also seems to age it faster and get more taste. I saw a thread on one of the forums on the vivi nova V2 and how with a little slight modding it can get going better. Thank you so much for your information.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
I honestly couldn't tell you how long it would take to get the Saber, it would probably depend on how backed up Sir_Lawrence is ATM. But he does have an extremely great turn around time.I can say Mine have never taken longer than 2 weeks to get to me. I have tried everything with the Vivi(except making my own coils) with no good results:( Sometimes the don't wick, other times they flood. I'm currently modding one to be a bottom feeder tank for an atty(let's see how that goes:facepalm: Well gotta run, and once again, Welcome to The Moon:)

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
You're making a great choice avidfan! I have to agree with Tat as far as battery choice. I ordered my first saber with the 5% off code for ECF members as well. I believe Sir Lawrence leaves that as a standard discount for ECF members. He loves to give back to the community! Also he not only makes the most amazing piece of vaping equipment, he is an amazing person to deal with, he makes sure you are completely happy 100% of the time and goes above and beyond for all of his Saber customers! I invite you to read some of the threads here and you'll see what I'm talking about. As far as what works best on saber I would suggest reading the Share Your Vape thread started by Tat under the Vapor Moon thread. You'll be able to see what set ups some of us are using on our sabers, so it will give you some great ideas. Might I also suggest RTD Vapor for your AW IMR batteries. They also have a standard 5% discount (ecf5 I believe)?for ecf members and good pricesAnn AW batts.
My first saber was 3.7/6v, but I also quickly ordered a mini which I love! Wasn't long before I had a VariVolt on the way, and my Latest edition is a snakeskin kick edition. I love them all!
I also highly recommend you get a pass thru for 3.7v/6v. At home I use the variable voltage pass thru almost exclusively on my mini, it also works on the 3.7v, and at work I have the USB that plugs right into the computer or a standard 5v charger like an iPhone charger. It saves my batts and provides a an amazing, consistent vaping experience.
I will also tell you that for me nothing else compares to vaping a saber touch. My buddy is a nut and probably has about 40 or more different PV's and I had the luxury of trying them all. All the top names. But he did not have a saber. I wasn't completely thrilled with any of them. I took a chance on the saber and am so glad I did, because I have not left since, and they are now all I use. I love the customization, love the way it hits, really nothing compares for me or my wife for that matter.
It's not only a personal vaporizer, it's a Personalized Vaporizer!
Hope this helps too. Great Choice! And welcome to the moon!:toast:

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
Avidfan I will tell you my first saber order did take 4-6 weeks, but it was totally worth the wait. Remember these are custom made to order. Sir Lawrence does not have a stockpile to ship out. These are not coming from some factory that has 1000's of people working for them. Sir Lawrence makes each one of these by hand himself. He also takes the time to make sure each one is perfect. He makes sure he tests every single one to make sure it is 100% working properly and it conforms to his high standards for quality. Quality takes time and Sir Lawrence makes sure he gets it right. Tat is completely right it does all depend on the amount of orders he has, but have confidence however long it takes, it will be the right amount time it takes to get your saber done right!:)

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Filling out the cart so many times and then closing the tab. Ive been going back and forth on weather to buy one of the sabers or a chuck. I like them both. I am finally going to order the saber touch. I almost placed my order a few minutes ago, but sent Sir Lawrence an email with a few questions regarding batteries and questions on the end cap color. I was having such a hard time deciding between the two but I feel the only real difference to the chuck and the saber on just looking at them was that the saber just looked better finished, more elegant. I like the idea that I can put it in a hand bag or pocket with out the PV going off. I cant wait. Im sure there are other reasons for having a saber over the chuck and Im sure someone will point this out. Dont get me wrong the chuck is also a great PV, and who knows, maybe I will get one of them for my son. I cant wait to join the proud owners of the saber touch. After using KGOs for a few months which have been great, I cant wait to hold a PV that will show off all the great accessories that Ive been purchasing, such as my Phiniac tanks, I have a clear with black caps, and awaiting a phiniac black tank ordered with the saber in mind. I also have a VIVi Nova V2.5 coming in. Any one use VIVis on a saber touch? I am going to order the 3.7 volt version. Do the saber touchs come with batteries? If not any suggestions on where to get batteries, how many and a good charger. Im sure I will be vaping the heck out of it as I am already a chain vaper. How long do the batteries last with heavy vaping, let me know if there is anything I need to buy so that when It comes in I will be ready to use it.

PS, read the sticky and saw a discount code, is that still effective? I always miss sales and forget to check for coupons, so I hope I can save a bit? With all the extras I hope to get, any little bit helps.
Thanks for writing. I did answer you email with your question this morning. And as you can see, you can get lots of great help and input on this Forum.
And Yes... for ECF members, use code ecf5 for 5% Off of your Total Order!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
WOW, I am so impressed and happy to hear all the wonderful raves about them. I just "felt" there was something special about the saber touch(Im usually a good judge of character) I was just a bit hesitant as I hang out in the chat room and no one there seemed to have any opinion on the sabor,( I guess its better than bad ones) In the chat room they use many good PV and a many of them are Provari fans and GG fans and of course Zenesis fans. THere is one Precise enthusiast and I too would love to have a Precise, I also have a good feelling about it, someday. I cant wait to order mine, and I know that waiting for something special is well worth the wait. I waited 12 years for my someone special, I was a bit lonely, but I found the best man in the world and it was worth it. Now as soon as I can I will get him into vaping and get him his own Saber, do they come in matching Harley Davidson colors? Just kidding, Thank you all , Im feel like im in the company of special people.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Cool, now I have to find out which Harley Black he has on his bike. There are about 5 different black available on the Davidson bikes. I just thought about something, Im still not exactly decided on which end caps to get, I like either the reg smooth or the turned edge. Im trying to imagine how either of theses will look the sleekest with a phiniac tank. I would like to have it look as close to an edgeless look when the Black Phiniac tank is attached. If anyone has similar tanks on either end caps, maybe.... and I know this is a hard favor to ask.... can you post a photo of your Saber touch with a tank on it? I especially would like to to see how the Saber with the smooth turned end cap looks with a tank. Thank you Moonies

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
My green snakeskin kick saber has the rounded drip well cap with a black dragon regular size phiniac tank in the saber showcase thread.
My ice blue explosion vv saber has a phiniac tall boy scorpion tank in black in the same photo, same caps.
And my penn state vv saber has the same caps with a phiniac cobalt blue custom penn state tank regular size.
Does that help?

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
This might be easier than you looking all around
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343792836.290489.jpg

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
The clear phiniac tank is smaller, my wife has one on her mini in the photo. The black and cobalt are wider because I think the glass wall on the colored tanks is thicker. The caps and o rings are different as well I think. You can't use the stainless caps with a colored tank.
Oh, I see, I never realized that. I thought they were all the same:facepalm:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Any excuse to post more pics of our sabers. Lol :laugh:
I kinda figured that, the smooth does look good, dang, decisions decisions........I am going to get the black Ice with powder coated end caps in a satin finish to break up the blackness with a little texture and with the black phiniac tank that will be here in a couple days , its gonna look nice, I hope. Now, what kinda drip tip? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread