I am new here, and new to vaping, smoking tobacco cigarettes since 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prashanth

Feb 16, 2017
Hi Friends,

This is prashanth from India, I have been smoking tobacco cigarettes since the age of 16 years when I joined my first college. You know it was like fashion those days, and somehow I too got attracted to smoking like many others at that age and not just me, most of my friends. Since then I tried to stop it and did it some times for 1 to 3 months hardly, but when ever some friend shows up or if I get depressed due to some reason, smoking cigarette was an easy option, it has been with me in all times, during stress, during, exams, during preparing for jobs or coping with relationship issues. It was like a friend, but it also had negative side more than any positive effects, in India almost 40% people smoke in total of 100+ crores of population, and I always wondered why don't govt stop selling these than banning smoking. I mean first they sell these products and then expect people to not smoke them, kind of funny right. But most of tax they get is from smokers and alcoholics so obviously they don't do it.
Recently I met one of my friend who shifted to vaping and he suggested me this, so I too made a switch and found it very helpful. almost 4 days now since I started vaping and I never found a need to go back to tobacco cigarettes.

Now as there are many experienced vapers here, I would like to know if any of them found any negative side effects of vaping, and any precautions to take, please help me understand the vaping better.

Reactions: David Wolf

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Welcome aboard!

In regards to banning cigarettes, its not just the tax money the government receives, prohibition in the US taught us all quite a bit about what happens when we take away a vise from the general public. Most of the general public wasnt even addicted to alcohol, but wanted it bad enough that it lead to an increase in organized crime on all levels. Imagine what would happen if the various governments across the world banned tobacco at this point? May as well make money off of taxing it rather than spend trillions policing it!

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Prashanth & welcome
Congrats on quitting the cigs and yes vaping has helped a lot of us quit. The only risk and precaution is the temptation to buy way too much stuff.

Seriously though there can be risks associated with the batteries we use but that's about it when it comes to real risks that require precaution. There are lots of lessor risks to simply be avoided. Things like what we call dry hits.

Do tell us what you're using as a device and any experiences you've had with it and it will help folks make various recommendations to assist you in getting the best from vaping.

SinQuaNon

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Brisbane
Welcome aboard!

In regards to banning cigarettes, its not just the tax money the government receives, prohibition in the US taught us all quite a bit about what happens when we take away a vise from the general public. Most of the general public wasnt even addicted to alcohol, but wanted it bad enough that it lead to an increase in organized crime on all levels. Imagine what would happen if the various governments across the world banned tobacco at this point? May as well make money off of taxing it rather than spend trillions policing it!
I dunno i dont believe that would happen if vaping was widespread i think thats something the gov says to brainshwash us

Sent from my SM-A500Y

SinQuaNon

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Brisbane
Hi Friends,

This is prashanth from India, I have been smoking tobacco cigarettes since the age of 16 years when I joined my first college. You know it was like fashion those days, and somehow I too got attracted to smoking like many others at that age and not just me, most of my friends. Since then I tried to stop it and did it some times for 1 to 3 months hardly, but when ever some friend shows up or if I get depressed due to some reason, smoking cigarette was an easy option, it has been with me in all times, during stress, during, exams, during preparing for jobs or coping with relationship issues. It was like a friend, but it also had negative side more than any positive effects, in India almost 40% people smoke in total of 100+ crores of population, and I always wondered why don't govt stop selling these than banning smoking. I mean first they sell these products and then expect people to not smoke them, kind of funny right. But most of tax they get is from smokers and alcoholics so obviously they don't do it.
Recently I met one of my friend who shifted to vaping and he suggested me this, so I too made a switch and found it very helpful. almost 4 days now since I started vaping and I never found a need to go back to tobacco cigarettes.

Now as there are many experienced vapers here, I would like to know if any of them found any negative side effects of vaping, and any precautions to take, please help me understand the vaping better.
Congrats !
Yes spending money on devices and liquids haha
My only tip is keep hydrated as some people complain of dry mouths but i havent had this problem
Well done!

Sent from my SM-A500Y

Prashanth

Feb 16, 2017
Hi Somke_too_much, thank you for reply,

Evolve vapors is the only company which got its branch in India, all others sellers are actually reselling products from either china or other suppliers. So I bought Evolve Explorer which is a vape pen and they gave me around 6 flavors. Customer care executives talked to me and asked me how many cigarettes I smoke per day and they suggested me to start with classic tobacco flavor and gave another 5 flavors, morning coffee, English Iced tea, Caramel Tobacco, Summer breeze, Minion Yogurt. I started with Classic Tobacco flavor and it feels good, Ingredients they have mentioned in these liquids are PG & VG (USP Kosher Grade) Natural & Artificial Flavorings and Nicotine. 12 Mg. They told me that slowly choose 6 MG later once I get out of cigarette smoking habit.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I dunno i dont believe that would happen if vaping was widespread i think thats something the gov says to brainshwash us

Sent from my SM-A500Y

Maybe, but I still think its dangerous to attempt to remove something from circulation to which people are already addicted. I agree that vaping has helped many people and could help many many more, but its not absolute.

Reactions: SinQuaNon

Prashanth

Feb 16, 2017
Maybe, but I still think its dangerous to attempt to remove something from circulation to which people are already addicted. I agree that vaping has helped many people and could help many many more, but its not absolute.
Obviously the change should come with awareness, most of people in INDIA don't know about vaping, As well as in few states in India selling vaping products is banned, karnataka, kerala, punjab, but still people can buy from other states and vape them as there is no restriction on vaping yet.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Evolve vapors is the only company which got its branch in India, all others sellers are actually reselling products from either china or other suppliers. So I bought Evolve Explorer which is a vape pen and they gave me around 6 flavors.

Evolve India is NOT evolv USA, although Evolve India like to write "USA" on their website.
(Surely this is illegal??? - as nothing that they sell is made in the USA)

They sell Chinese products for a lot more money than from China.

Yes... so basically they are in it for the money.
2.5 times as expensive for the same product in US/UK/EU.

Evolve India is selling you Chinese products. That's all there is to say.

I am sorry about that. Doesn't make it bad.

Prashanth

Feb 16, 2017
Evolve India is NOT evolv USA, although Evolve India like to write "USA" on their website.
(Surely this is illegal??? - as nothing that they sell is made in the USA)

They sell Chinese products for a lot more money than from China.

Yes... so basically they are in it for the money.
2.5 times as expensive for the same product in US/UK/EU.

Evolve India is selling you Chinese products. That's all there is to say.

I am sorry about that. Doesn't make it bad.

Ok, But it seems like products are of good quality, any how will check.

Reactions: David Wolf

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and Welcome- I quit a 30+ year cigarette addiction, by vaping! Over 2 years later I have been cigarette free! The only downside I have found with vaping is buying too much gear! Or that I have been hoarding for fear of what our State or government will try to stop or tax it so high that it will be expensive to continue with vaping.
Right now so many great sales and I have taken full advantage of them! No way do I want to go back to smoking cigarettes- EVER!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Ok, But it seems like products are of good quality, any how will check.

Great. Wise decision.

Unfortunately, since Vaping is a grey area when it comes to regulating the market, many companies choose to hide where their products are made, give the impression they are selling domestic-produced equipment and liquids and generally make out they are superior. This is how people end up paying an unacceptable premium for products.

It happens all the time. $119 for a $29 e-cig.
It is possible to spend $3,000 a year on $1,000 of products.

Since most Vapers do not want government involvement (although it is coming to the EU and US) it means only Vapers themselves can help the market settle into a pattern of fair prices.

I wish you luck with your vaping. :)

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
We'll since most of the vaping products are made in China anyway it would be sorta natural to find them in India. Trick is to avoid the low quality clones, high quality & originals is what you want.

Can you not import them yourself? If you can then you have access to anything you want. So do you like the pen?

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
This is prashanth from India, I have been smoking tobacco cigarettes since the age of 16 years when I joined my first college.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Joining those colleges will cause smoking every time 16 years ago, now it's the reverse in USA.
Since then I tried to stop it
The latest I heard was that smoking may be more addictive than ...... ( not going to test this statement out).
negative side effects of vaping: PG can start to become harsh over time, I have had to go to VG primarily.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
Hi Friends,

Welcome to the ECF. In my experience governments want your money and put up the facade of concern for your well being but are more concerned about getting those taxes.

As for the health aspects of vaping, you'll find most here agree it's "healthier" than smoking.

The only things in life that are certain are death and taxes...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread