The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I am Pissed and I'm going to smoke

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by SgtSponge, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. :evil:Alright so all my RDA wont work for some reason on any of my mods...my box mods keep saying "check Atomizer" ive built 2 coils now for both my rdas ( simple ones that ive done athousand times) and it is still not working... I am quite frustrated because nothing is working. Ive cleaned them, rebuilt them. My Batteries are fresh. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am seriously pissed they were working fine earlier this morning then boom they stopped working. I didnt drop them or anything. Please help !

I have Nemesis, Dna 30 Kana, Tugboat, MX

Ps. It is reading on my ohm reader too...so Idk

2. Avid

Avid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Did you adjust the pin on the bottom of the atty to make sure it's making the battery connection? Maybe in building your coils it moved.

3. Chekced it it hasnt moved at all.

4. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    What are the coils reading on your ohm meter?

5. bluecat

bluecat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    If you cleaned them, did you allow the water to dry assuming you cleaned them in water.

6. 1.4ohms
    yea I dryed them with paper towels and then air dry for like 30 min

7. chebird

chebird Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Western Mass
    I would suggest that you adjust your center post and/or the connection on the mod until you can feel the connection being made, do not assume it's the same as before without tinkering. Good luck man, I know how frustrating that can be!

8. joelmora89

joelmora89 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2013
    tracy,ca
    If you have a hana clone your 510 connection is broken

9. TamiP

TamiP Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Illinois
    First time I've ever heard of such a total catastrophic failure that none of your rdas (if I read it right, not just one rda, but more than one rda) won't work on any of your pvs. If it is just one rda, then the fault is with that unit most likely. Hard to believe that every single mod has suddenly crapped out. If it just the one rda, is that the only one you have? You need more.

10. realsis

realsis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    By chance is your coil touching any metal? Including RBA chimney if it has one? Is your coil touching any lead? Closely check. I've been building for some time now and the other day I had a short, couldn't figure it out, coil looked wonderful. Turns out a tiny bit of coil was touching my metal chimney cap.. so don't give up it might be something like that your over looking. Please don't smoke! You can do this!! Check also to see if your leads are tight. Hope this helps.

11. Millah

Millah Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    FL
    Its for times like these why I have an Aerotank Mega and Nautilus Mini ;). Seriously, when building frustrates the hell out of me or I'm just too lazy, I'll just fill up a nice clearomizer and have a nice relaxing vape. It's amazing how good of a vape you can get off a simple clearomizer now.

12. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    "my box mods keep saying "check Atomizer" " - This would indicate an open circuit either in the topper or the mod.
    "all my RDA wont work for some reason on any of my mods" - Logic leads me to believe that your problem is your mod.
    Remove the topper, using a screw driver or other metal item short the center pin and the 510 connector shell. Press the fire button "shorted" should be displayed. If not the issue is with your mod not the topper.

13. Recycled Roadkill

Recycled Roadkill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2013
    Garland, TX
    My girlfriend just left me so I'm gonna cut off an ear and mail it to her.

14. I thought that too but my Kayfun isnt working either...it always is my back up ...
    I thought that as well but its not working on my Nemesis either..
    Allright I'll double check but im almost positive its not that.

15. The Cloud Minder

The Cloud Minder Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I had a similar issue once. Turned out I had to adjust the pin on BOTH my atty and Mod, then PRESTO VAPE HEAVEN.

16. Guzzard

Guzzard Full Member

Aug 8, 2013
    San Pedro Ca, USA
    Have you checked your batteries with a volt meter? Maybe it's your batteries? Just throwing it out there.

17. Thats what i was thinking...its the only common denominator in alll situations.

18. TomGeorge

TomGeorge Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Buffalo/Rochester
    Was this on your orchid? if so, it does have a small chamber/deck area! Its fun trying to fit large coils in it!

19. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I'm betting it's the center pin insulator of the mod, itself. If the mod shows short on all atties, the first place to look for shorts is the mod connector.

20. zahzoo

zahzoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2013
    AR, USA
    The OP mentioned an ohm meter... not clear if he meant an actual Digital Multimeter or a black box or regulated mod.

I would suggest a digital multimeter and testing every connection in the chain should resolve this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.