Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
[h=5]I Am ...........
We were sitting outside next door (we own the house next door, my man cave) and had just finished a nice steak, when I heard a dog barking Real Close, the German Sheppard from the house behind us was in our back yard and at the edge of the carport where we were sitting, and Casey (a Chihuahua) was over there with us. I started to chase the dog back to protect Casey and Cyndi (My Wife), and Casey started to try to protect me by chasing the Shepard, I was Scared as .... he would be hurt and really got aggressive with the other dog trying to call Casey back at the same time, but Casey was trying to be a BIG dog until the Shepard started chasing him. I was able to get Casey and Cyndi into the house without any harm, But I AM ......, THIS IS THE 7th TIME. I Hollered at the owner to come get his dog out of my yard and told him if it got in my yard again I would KILL IT. Am I wrong to want to protect my loved ones? Like I said this is the 7th time, I have in the past called the sheriff, animal control, and also told him direct without calling anyone. What do you think I should do? I just want to protect my family, what if my grand kids were over here? :unsure:

[/h]

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
That person needs to control his damn dog.

I have a GSD, and this angers me. A few things do...

Why doesn't he have a fence, he has a dog. So no fence and unleashed?
He doesn't deserve it...
He has a chain link Fence, the dogs dig under it. He has a shock collar fence, but he takes the collars off the dogs, so it does no good.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Oh man...he clearly doesn't care about his dogs, just by the shock collars alone. Lazy/cheap way to control instinct, among other things.
What was his response when you addressed him about this?

When I told him several times (I was ......) I would kill his dog if it came in my yard again, he just kept saying he was sorry and he would take care of it, which he has said MANY times before. I am calmer now, adrenaline is calming down in my blood stream, but I will call my lawyer and the sheriff tomorrow to see what can be done legally. I am also going to be putting a shotgun over there and will protect my family if need be, I was willing to jump the Sheppard bare handed today to protect them, next time will be with a gun.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
We have a GSD as well and love ours to death but he is dog aggressive and we would never allow him in the back yard un-attended if he was getting under or over the fence, especially if our neighbors had dogs. Our neighbor does have dogs, four of them, but we have an agreed upon system for backyard time. That neighbor of yours is going to have to face the fact that his GSD should not be left un-attended in the backyard, ever.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
We have a GSD as well and love ours to death but he is dog aggressive and we would never allow him in the back yard un-attended if he was getting under or over the fence, especially if our neighbors had dogs. Our neighbor does have dogs, four of them, but we have an agreed upon system for backyard time. That neighbor of yours is going to have to face the fact that his GSD should not be left un-attended in the backyard, ever.
No comment.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
That neighbor of yours is going to have to face the fact that his GSD should not be left un-attended in the backyard, ever.
There lies the problem, except to feed them, I think that is the only time he spends time with them. IMHO he should not have dogs, I don't think he loves them like we do our Casey. We take our dog on vacation with us, Make sure it is a dog friendly motel, look for dog friendly restaurants, he is a member of our family, and we treat him as such.

And that is Casey in my profile picture...

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Hi Burnie, Casey is mucho cute! If it were me I would definitely speak with your Sheriff but I'm not sure I would bother with the attorney. I would seriously consider putting up a privacy fence with perhaps some kind of concrete foundation at the base where your yard abuts your neighbors to deter hole digging. I know it's not fair that you go to the expense of something like that but it would solve your problem. Perhaps the GSD's owner would agree to a 50/50 split. It's something to consider at least.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Talked to a Sheriff outside today, he said if we were in "Fear of Harm" I could protect us however needed. He also suggested I call Animal Control, I did and they are going to send an officer by to talk to him and possibly fine him for not having control of his animals. Now to prepare for one of them getting in the yard again, but hoping it does not happen.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Sorry to be blunt, but you're a prime example of pizz poor dog ownership!

There's no way that I would accommodate you with an agreed 'backyard time' arrangement!!! YOU are responsible for YOUR dog 24/7, not your neighbor @ 1 or 2/7...
shakehead.gif

Hope you have a day-um good lawyer as a B-I-L!

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
Like our neighbors, penned dog, on MY side of his house.
Every time I go in MY yard their dog barks, and barks, AND BARKS! (non stop).

One day I come home, their dog is gone and the dog pen taken apart and laying on the ground. I said "thank God" the freaking dog barking is gone! That was 2 weeks ago.

Today I go in my yard and hear freaking barking again. What the H man?
The jerk got ANOTHER dog, back in the dog pen and here we go again.

Errr, why get a dog if all you do is leave it in a dog pen. Some people SUCK! (And I'm gonna put a bowl of coolant in the dog pen!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread