I Am Ready to Upgrade to a Battery Mod: Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
I have tried mini 510s, and fell in love with KR808D-1s, but I am ready for a battery mod (I think). I like 2 piece simplicity and am excited to get some of the new fluxomizers when GotVapes gets them in, but I am growing tired of changing batteries unless I need minis for socially awkward situations. I want a Rolls Royce battery mod. The Triple V, the Alpha, and the GG Storm all look sexy. I have been thoroughly refreshed in both chemistry and physics thanks to this site, but I am growing a little bored with experiments (temporarily). I don't want a ProVari. I just want a kickash batt mod that plays nice with my 808 cartos. I really like just under 5v, but wouldn't mind a straight 5.
Ok Go. Brag about your favorite battery tube.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
VVV is a gorgeous mod. I don't know if the Helix does 5v but it's a big batter monster. I personally LOVE my silver bullet with a LR atty and a day full of happy contented vape. I'd bet you already know which mod really speaks to you.. you're just hesitating on pusing that "buy" button. It took me a long time to commit to the Big batt mod too. Do it, you won't regret it! They're fun!

ninjamunky

Feb 7, 2011
Ohio, USA
I'm thinking of getting a GLV2 for my birthday.

Probably go for 5v, and a 510 connection. I'm using an 808 setup now, and I like it. It seems there are a lot more options with the 510 though.

I like the idea of mods(built to last, big easy to find batterties). There are so many out there it's almost impossible to decide.

I think the GLV2 would be a great choice for me. Plus I love all the colors it comes in. Think I'm gonna choose one of the sparkly black ones.

MadVapes has some sweet box mods. The prices are really good too. I just don't see myself vaping from a plastic box.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
For straight 5 volt, I would go with the GLV2. For the best variable volt, I would suggest either the Darwin or ProVari. These sugggestions are all purely performance based. If "looks" is your priority, then just stick with a mini like the M401. (although I personally think the Infinity is a very sharp looking PV that is also VV)

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
Religion, lots of opinions here, IMO I think the Porvari is great, it uses an 18650 or 14500, variable voltage, reads a display of atomizer ohms, battery charge, powers up or down for different attys from LR, regular to HV, and will withstand an earthquake, made in the USA. Another top notch is the Reo or Ali'i. The Ali'i is handcrafted in a selection of custom order woods, variable volt and is self feeding, Darwin is great too!

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Pretty much all I use anymore are my home-built 3.7v box mods, parts from Madvapes and Radioshack. They cost me around $10 to build, and work better than anything else I've got.

I do like (and carry as a backup, usually) the Indulgence. 3.7 or 6v, and can take the 18650 for 3.7 with ~2600 mah. Coolest thing is the threading adapters; Indulgence comes with 4 for the most common threadings, so you can drip on your 510 atty and then switch over to a KR808 carto easily on the same unit. Very cool.

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
I suggest save your money its not worth it :/

Battery mods are 100dollars normally and all they do is hold a battery. They are big and bulky and in the end you will eventually just settle for LR on 3.7 so the option for 6volts is meh

The only mod's that make any since at all is the protopype (just plain fun) and Reo / Alli juice fed for when you are home....

This is the honest truth :/ I understand some people like it I understand MANY people will dissagree with me but really theres no real need for mods with Ego's Riva's and the like being so cheep lasting nearly all day and LR being awesome theres just no need for it. :C

Just sayin

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.

Battery mods are 100dollars normally and all they do is hold a battery. They are big and bulky and in the end you will eventually just settle for LR on 3.7 so the option for 6volts is meh

The only mod's that make any since at all is the protopype (just plain fun) and Reo / Alli juice fed for when you are home....
This is the honest truth :/ I understand some people like it I understand MANY people will dissagree with me but really theres no real need for mods with Ego's Riva's and the like being so cheep lasting nearly all day and LR being awesome theres just no need for it. :C

Just sayin

Have you used a few different mods and learned that from experience or its just your assumption?I find a big difference between a lr atty at 3.2v on an Ego and an 808 carto at 5v.There are so many choices in PVs because there are so many people looking for different things.

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
Have you used a few different mods and learned that from experience or its just your assumption?I find a big difference between a lr atty at 3.2v on an Ego and an 808 carto at 5v.There are so many choices in PVs because there are so many people looking for different things.

Learned from my past mistakes.

There is a difference between 3.2 (which is ego) + LR and 5.0 Carto however you can change that by getting 3.7 which is Riva + LR being that Riva is slightly higher voltage than ego.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Religion,

I got the Infinity from NotCigs and it can vape anywhere from 3.7 to 6 volt by adjusting the dial with your finger. I prefer it a tad under 5 volts, like you do. It works well and the batts last me about 8 hours on a charge. It's about the circumference size of a dime and it's beautiful enough to use in public.

Lori

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY

Just sayin

I agree with you about LR attys on a Riva/Ego. They taste perfect:)

But the cost of going through a ton of LR attys is what made me decide to get a $100 mod and use regular attys on it. I saw posts from people that said they were getting a day of use with their LR attys and I didn't want to spend $7 every day or every few days on LR attys. Then some folks posted that they had their LR atty fry 4 Ego batteries in a row and that can get costly replacing your Ego batts. When those LR attys start to drop in ohms, they can fry the mosfet switch in the Egos/Rivas. When do they drop in ohms? When they are dieing. Some LR attys die quickly and work one minute and not work the next. But some die by fading away slowwwwwwly over hours or days. Those are the ones that their ohms have dropped and those can fry your eGo/Riva batteries.

The regular attys last me for months and taste like a Riva/eGo + LR atty combo if i set my voltage to 4.5 volt on my mod. If you start going through $7 LR attys constantly and $15 eGo batts every week, try a mod then. It probably works out to being cheaper in the long run!

Lori

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Just sayin

And this advise is based on how many bettery battery devices that you have personally used, so an "informed" comparison can be made? And specifically which better battery PV's have you used? I've tried your method as well as about 14 other devices. Based on my comparative experience, I definitely disagree with your conclusions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread