i am searching for a new power source

Status
Not open for further replies.

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
i am in search of a new power source, i currently use ego-t batteries. i have tried an infinity and found i do not like high voltage vaping. i enjoy a cooler vape. i did buy a 900 mah vv battery from a vendor (not a joye product) and it works ok, i believe it goes from 3.2 to 3.7 to 4.2 volts and this seems to work for me. so my question....

what is a good power source that is within the power parameters that i mentioned?

i should mention too that i like using map tanks and i also have some ce2 cart's and some 510 mega duel coil cart's .

any suggestions you have i will appreciate.

happy vaping.............ok

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm pretty happy with my bolt from vapor beasts. It's very much a no frills device and I was a little worried about voltage drop off but after watching a review that showed it producing good vapor after about 20 hrs, I decided to try it. In actual practice, it's not a problem at all. When you put in a charged up battery, you'll notice the increased voltage but it's not enough to be a problem, and it quickly settles down to a lower voltage and maintains it for most of its discharge, then drops off fast at the end of the charge. I can't tell much difference between it and my e-power (which is regulated).

If you want to try vv, the vector (one of the lava tube models) from vapor beast looks like a good buy. I'm thinking of picking up one of those also.

(Both of these are available from other vendors as well as vapor beast, and I'm just mentioning them because I like them :) )

If you do buy anything with a flat 510 connection like the bolt or vector, you'll need a 510 to ego adapter to use the ego type cartos (stardust, ego duel coils). All the things you mentions should work just fine.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm not sure what parameters you listed but if you want Joytech the Upgrade battery is in US stores now. You can shut off the regulation so it starts out at full voltage and goes down as the charge goes.
In about another week the Twist should be in US stores and is variable.

If you look in the "ego type model" forum you can learn all about these two.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Heat in the mouth is largely determined by coil placement. Once the vapor is produced, the further that vapor has to travel encountering heat absorbing materials along the way the cooler the vapor will be. Devices like the CE2 with their coil on top will tend to be warmer. As posted above, a different atomizer, may be your solution. Aluminum drip tips will also cool the vapor down. Variable voltage is good in that it allows you to control the initial vapor production, but what is done with the vapor after that will determine its temperature in your mouth. If you prefer the vapor/flavor of the CE2 devices, maybe one of the new bottom coil types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread