Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yup! I said thanks, but no thanks. I also cancelled my LV Epetite mod order. Not because of the $3.00 insult, but because my VT Inbox squonker is preferable. The only con I have with the VT Inbox, is the size of the squonk bottle access hole. If you have large fingers, they tend to capture and pull the cover off of the box.

I think I'm turning into a squonkaholic! :)

If you're looking for an excellent clone, check out the Hadaly clone. Using one now, and it is fabulous! I have an authentic as well, but I'm saving it for the post 8/18 ban. I also picked up a Wotofo Serpent BF.
You know about 3 years back I had a reo and rm2 atty and liked it but I was more interested in the new dna mods, so I sold the reo. About 8 months ago I joined the sva FB group and was able to buy this absolutely gorgeous dna italian squonker, I then preceded to try many bf tanks. I must of bought and sold 10 of the newest and hottest tanks around , from 22mm to as small as 12mm. Honestly I felt like something was missing compared to my rtas , which always have been my fav type of vape. With my rtas like the evl reaper, erlkonigin, kayfun mini v3, tilemos, byka v6, etc ect, I get a TH that is intense, I mean at 24mg it's an awesome thump! For some reason I wasn't getting that with a bf rda, like I said, I tried alot of tanks and different airflow designs like bottom air, side air, and top air, I tried every coil position but the vape just didn't have that kick. ..in the end I sold all the squonking stuff...I figure it has something to do with a chimney in my rtas, which rda's don't have. Maybe the thin tall chimneys give a type of vape I'm just use to and couldn't get use to rda type of vape?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
You know about 3 years back I had a reo and rm2 atty and liked it but I was more interested in the new dna mods, so I sold the reo. About 8 months ago I joined the sva FB group and was able to buy this absolutely gorgeous dna italian squonker, I then preceded to try many bf tanks. I must of bought and sold 10 of the newest and hottest tanks around , from 22mm to as small as 12mm. Honestly I felt like something was missing compared to my rtas , which always have been my fav type of vape. With my rtas like the evl reaper, erlkonigin, kayfun mini v3, tilemos, byka v6, etc ect, I get a TH that is intense, I mean at 24mg it's an awesome thump! For some reason I wasn't getting that with a bf rda, like I said, I tried alot of tanks and different airflow designs like bottom air, side air, and top air, I tried every coil position but the vape just didn't have that kick. ..in the end I sold all the squonking stuff...I figure it has something to do with a chimney in my rtas, which rda's don't have. Maybe the thin tall chimneys give a type of vape I'm just use to and couldn't get use to rda type of vape?

I"m not certain of this, but I suspect the Kayfun RTA's function like a still. The evaporation chamber acts as a retort where the mixture condensates... The result is a more flavorful mixture.

My experience with RDA's are mixed. Just depends on the liquid, temp, coils, etc. If I want to guarantee max flavor, I use my Kayfun's. If you want to maximize flavor from an RDA, use a glass cap. A glass cap perpetuates condensation... The result is increased flavor. You can actually see the H2O condensate on the glass. i.e. Cucurbit.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I"m not certain of this, but I suspect the Kayfun RTA's function like a still. The evaporation chamber acts as a retort where the mixture condensates... The result is a more flavorful mixture.

My experience with RDA's are mixed. Just depends on the liquid, temp, coils, etc. If I want to guarantee max flavor, I use my Kayfun's. If you want to maximize flavor from an RDA, use a glass cap. A glass cap perpetuates condensation... The result is increased flavor. You can actually see the H2O condensate on the glass. i.e. Cucurbit.
Sounds sensible actually

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Sounds sensible actually

I'm just guessing, of course. I've tasted the condensation from my Trinity Comp glass cap on my Goon RDA... No flavor, just water. Like how chili tastes better the next day... I always attributed this to water evaporation via the refrigerator.

Reactions: vapdivrr

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
@jcoopercam I have a Hadaly on top of my Dripbox 160, it was my first time I rebuilt after trying that awful atty that came with my Dripbox :)
I have the authentic one though!
I have an authentic as well, and I may go ahead and bust it out. I'm hearing that although they are identical, the authentic results in better flavor. My Hadaly clone is an SXK. I don't know why there would be a difference, but some insist the authentic is better.

The CSMNT RDA is suppose to be an excellent RDA. I have a black one that I was going to use on a Black Boxer mod, but I decided not to get one. I'm waiting for the regulated Boxer squonker.

Last edited:

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Okay... I was able to get my Cthulhu Mods Gaia working. The problem was related to the grub screw, not the base. Flavor and vapor production is fabulous! I love this tank for squonking, because you can actually see how much liquid you're feeding into the atomizer. Not that it's an issue with my (non-tank) RDA squonk atomizers, but it is sort of cool to be able to see the liquid in two stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread