I am so glad I never gave you any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbysox10

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Chicago
wow old thread but I wanted to add my 2cents. E-Cigarettes need regulating no doubt about it. There shouldn't be a place selling kits for 35dollars and then a different place selling them for 120 dollars. We should be able to go to the local gas station for kits and parts. Flavors in my opinion are fine as long as the company follows the rules(doesn't sell to minors etc.)

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
What's sad is its the same people who scream at the government to .... out of their lives when it affects them are the same ones who want them to .... in when its something that doesn't effect their own lives.

"e-cigs? I don't smoke, BAN THEM! Gay Marriage? I'm not gay, BAN THEM! (no I'm not gay but I strongly support it for this very reason) Take away my guns? WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT CONTROLLING EVERYTHING .... OUT!"

Its ignorance and greed, if it doesn't apply to them they shouldn't have any say in it.

bobbysox10

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Chicago
What's sad is its the same people who scream at the government to .... out of their lives when it affects them are the same ones who want them to .... in when its something that doesn't effect their own lives.

"e-cigs? I don't smoke, BAN THEM! Gay Marriage? I'm not gay, BAN THEM! (no I'm not gay but I strongly support it for this very reason) Take away my guns? WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT CONTROLLING EVERYTHING .... OUT!"

Its ignorance and greed, if it doesn't apply to them they shouldn't have any say in it.

You should win a medal for how right you are.

I'm really puzzled. Aren't most vendors listed here ECA members? I see flavors all over ECF, it's one of the 'pluses' of vaping. So why would vapers support the ECA's flawed policy? It needs to change or Mac, maybe you should start an alternative association. Does the CASAA oppose flavors?

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com

Since we're bumping an old thread, your previous reply said "why rent a store when all you need is a kiosk" .. because I can rent a decent sized space that would allow a small order fullfillment area in the back, display and POS area, and even a few couches and 50" lcd so people can kick back and rent equipment/try cartridge samples all for the same price monthly as some mall kiosks charge weekly.

That's why almost everything in the mall is 3x more expensive than it should be - the insane rent.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Since we're bumping an old thread, your previous reply said "why rent a store when all you need is a kiosk" .. because I can rent a decent sized space that would allow a small order fullfillment area in the back, display and POS area, and even a few couches and 50" lcd so people can kick back and rent equipment/try cartridge samples all for the same price monthly as some mall kiosks charge weekly.

That's why almost everything in the mall is 3x more expensive than it should be - the insane rent.
Destination store hmm? Not as easy as you might think. In a mall the rent for inline stores is triple. But outside the mall you have no traffic so whatever you save on rent (vs the overpriced kiosk) will quickly be spent on advertising. Assuming your ad campaign is a success you might have something viable. It's the difference between a 30k start up or a 10k start up. Mall kiosk workers are human beings doing a job. We are not the boogie man regardless of whatever idiotic, self serving, propaganda the ECA feels the need to perpetuate.

Ay Dee Jay

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Colorado
TE]

I'm a little torn on this; you don't typically see tobacconist-stores or kiosks at the mall and the kiosks are typically used to sell overpriced gimmicks, which puts the e-cigs in a less serious "light." The two kiosks I've been to did card minors but also made outlandish claims: their RN4081s and 510s were completely manufactured in the US (lol) and the FDA only cares about e-cigs because some liquids contain ethanol (lol). They did sell e-liquid which is nice, but no ingredients are listed and of course they claim to make that here too, which is plausible but why not be up-front about PG/VG? They tell everyone the liquids are water and nicotine+flavor and contain 0 tobacco extractives (in which case their tobacco flavors would suck IMHO).

I do like the awareness they raise and you can't tar them all with the same brush, but I'd rather see decent markup products at smoke shops and gas stations vs. kiosks at the mall. Nice thing about the kiosk is you get a license to vape typically because the vendor gets it cleared with mall management :)

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
Hate to keep a necro-postfest alive...but this makes me sad. Problems like this only serve to make us weaker as a community. Mac, I'm behind ya 110% man. Total BS.

We really need to come together and fight for our right to vape, and we can't do that if we're singling out our own supporters and alienating good suppliers.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Hate to keep a necro-postfest alive...but this makes me sad. Problems like this only serve to make us weaker as a community. Mac, I'm behind ya 110% man. Total BS.

We really need to come together and fight for our right to vape, and we can't do that if we're singling out our own supporters and alienating good suppliers.
Thank you. And if the ECA would have manned up about this instead of blowing me off I wouldn't be so completely disgusted with them, like I am now.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow, wish I could have sent this when the thread was more alive but what the heck. If I was a kiosk owner, I'd be ...... whether at the media or the organization, whoever made the comments. However, as a consumer, the last place I'm buying anything is at the mall kiosk. Just because I think they're all crooks, does it mean they all are? Of course not. There's probably a thousand good folks out there trying to make a living. My own personal experience, however, is that they are crooks. Like the guy that's selling a 40 dollar e-cig kit at our local mall for $165 dollars AND doesn't know the product because he runs the kiosk for his friend. Like the woman next to him that sells phone covers but can't speak enough English to understand what phone you have. I will never put my money in a kiosk, I think of it as I do a flea market. Now then, my opinion is mine, but then again I'm not an organization that claims to have the interests of free choice of a particular demographic in mind. Nor do I have the ears of a buttload of supporters. Sooooo, make of it what you wish, but like I said, if it were my business, I'd be ...... too.

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
To be honest I don't think this product has much of a future in mall kiosks anyways. Especially when the regulations start coming down as mall kiosks will be seen as targeting the product at teens, and let's be honest I guarantee you many of these kiosks are not checking ID's.

Whats worse many of these kiosks sell cheap e-cigs are 300% over markup. People get suckered into buying them and then when they blow they think e-cigs are worthless and get turned off to the idea of them. I don't know how many youtube video's I have seen of people saying how hard e-cig's sucked and guess what they had bought them from kiosks or those rip off subscription websites.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
To be honest I don't think this product has much of a future in mall kiosks anyways. Especially when the regulations start coming down as mall kiosks will be seen as targeting the product at teens, and let's be honest I guarantee you many of these kiosks are not checking ID's.

Whats worse many of these kiosks sell cheap e-cigs are 300% over markup. People get suckered into buying them and then when they blow they think e-cigs are worthless and get turned off to the idea of them. I don't know how many youtube video's I have seen of people saying how hard e-cig's sucked and guess what they had bought them from kiosks or those rip off subscription websites.
What makes you so sure I am ripping people off? Have you been to my kiosk? What makes you think we don't card? You really think kids have money? You would have to be an idiot to sell to minors. They would hang around your kiosk wanting samples smoking up your demos and buying nothing, all while making you look bad. Your logic is horribly flawed. Go check out the crime statistics and incarceration statistics. By your logic, ethnic cleansing would be acceptable. Real life doesn't work that way. You cannot judge someone based on the actions of others. I don't care what smoking everywhere did. It doesn't mean I don't have a future.

A year ago and a half ago I was told all that same crap. About how we wouldn't make it and blah blah blah. But guess what? I am still right here, doing it and doing it well!

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
What makes you so sure I am ripping people off? Have you been to my kiosk? What makes you think we don't card? You really think kids have money? You would have to be an idiot to sell to minors. They would hang around your kiosk wanting samples smoking up your demos and buying nothing, all while making you look bad. Your logic is horribly flawed. Go check out the crime statistics and incarceration statistics. By your logic, ethnic cleansing would be acceptable. Real life doesn't work that way. You cannot judge someone based on the actions of others. I don't care what smoking everywhere did. It doesn't mean I don't have a future.

A year ago and a half ago I was told all that same crap. About how we wouldn't make it and blah blah blah. But guess what? I am still right here, doing it and doing it well!

Care to list the products you carry and their pricing? I'm interested in hearing how you're serving the vaping industry.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Care to list the products you carry and their pricing? I'm interested in hearing how you're serving the vaping industry.
I would be happy to. Unfortunately the forum rules don't allow it. But feel free to contact a mod and have him or her come onto this thread and give permission. As long as I am not going to recieve an infraction for it, I will post a breakdown of what I am selling, what the price is and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread