I am still confused about how many cigarettes = a cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quirky

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2008
The US web sites all state that a 5 pack of cartridges is equal to about 1 carton of cigarettes.
e-cig.com states that 1 cartridge is roughly equal to 6-7 cigarettes (allowing for the unusable portion of nico in the cartridge). But in another area of their site they say 1 cartridge is about 2 cigarettes.

Where does the truth lie?

Please indulge me if you dont mind.

Please state how many cigarettes you would normally smoke and how many cartridges you use in a day(and what type of device). Perhaps simple comparison of personal experience will give some indication of what to expect.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
there are different size carts.. the mini only holds half what the pen type does.. the cigar and cigarillo holds roughly the same as the pen type cigarette.. the pipe i think holds twice as much as the pen type cigarette..

e-cig probably under estimates the mini at 2 normal cigs but over estimates the pipe.. most of what the chinese say is to be taken with large pinch of salt.. they have a translation problem i think.. he he

most of the quotes are based on the original pen type cigarettes.. simple copy and paste seems the order of the day.. i am a heavy smoker.. two pen type carts would last me for a day.. four minis.. or one pipe.. he he he

2 ml per day would be enough for most "real" smokers.. for those with a good placebo factor one mini cart might last two days.. my placebo factor is poor..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Klaue said:
Hmm.. How long would a Catridge od the e-cigarette from NJoy last? Because I don't feel like refilling it twice or trice a day and I don't really want to carry around some catridges whereever I go..

njoy are not any different than anybody else.. if u are a real twenty a day cigarette man.. expect to carry spare batteries and carts.. if you are a placebo man well you might be lucky..

my main problem is away from the house smoking.. i estimate four mini type carts and four batteries to be sure.. not good.. having said that carrying four pre prepared mini cigs in a packet isnt much of a problem.. but at njoy prices buying them would be.. he he

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Klaue said:
Hmm.. How long would a Catridge od the e-cigarette from NJoy last? Because I don't feel like refilling it twice or trice a day and I don't really want to carry around some catridges whereever I go..
Are an extra battery and a couple cartridges really more trouble to carry around all the time than a lighter and pack of cigarettes? Personally, I think it's a good trade, but up to you.

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com
leaford said:
Klaue said:
Are an extra battery and a couple cartridges really more trouble to carry around all the time than a lighter and pack of cigarettes? Personally, I think it's a good trade, but up to you.
I think yes. I would permanentely fear that the catridge leaks in my pants or something like that. I also think I'll forget the extra catrdge(s) or battery every second time. I mean, a lighter works for many many cigs and I'll notice that I have too less cigs on my way to the bus stop, but I probably won't notice that I forgot the battery/catridges until I need them because I have no reason to take them out sooner than that

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Some users have purchased old metal cigarette cases and converted them to carry their e-cig stuff. Use some foam inside the case; cut two slots for pen style cigs; slots for an extra battery and some cartridges. Carry it in shirt pocket or purse. You'll always have a spare battery and refilled cartridges.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
And if you are afraid of leaking, then maybe it would be a good idea to get yourself a cheap sealer. Take one cartridge, seal it in plastic, put it in your cigarette-case that way (I did rather ruin the looks of a new cigarette-case innerfoam by indeed having a leaking cartridge in there). This is the cheapest (working) sealer I have found: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9545 ($4.65, worldwide shipping included)

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
katink said:
And if you are afraid of leaking, then maybe it would be a good idea to get yourself a cheap sealer. Take one cartridge, seal it in plastic, put it in your cigarette-case that way (I did rather ruin the looks of a new cigarette-case innerfoam by indeed having a leaking cartridge in there). This is the cheapest (working) sealer I have found: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9545 ($4.65, worldwide shipping included)
Wow katink, there's no end to your helpful links!

Here's a couple of other ideas for little sealed plastic containers:
1) Ziploc makes a "snack" size bag (3x6 inches) - you can buy from the grocery.

2) Also, when you buy new clothes, extra buttons are frequently attached in little ziploc bags.
Sometimes the plastic bag section is not that thick but you can fortify them with masking tape or something similar.

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
There are two ways to look at the question.
1. How many cigarettes, nicotine-wise, is a full cart worth?
2. How many cigarettes, puff-wise, is a full cart worth?

Both have variable answers. Question 1 is answered based on a combination of cart size and nicotine level, and question 2 is based on cart size and the e-cig itself.

If you vaped a penstyle cart (approx 1.1mL fluid) of 36mg/mL dry- accounting for some fluid left in the bottom, you'd be vaping about 30 cigarettes worth of nicotine, but may only get the vapor to emulate about 6 cigarettes worth of smoke.

Last edited:

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
I find it easier to measure it in liquid. I find that 1ml is about equal to 1 pack of cigarettes. I used to smoke a carton a week, now I smoke about 10ml a week.

So if I smoke 3ml a day it's like smoking 3 packs?? I knew I was chain vaping but this is bad! And I was only a pack a day smoker.

Seriously though, I think it's one of those things like liquid flavors and PV preferences. Everyone is different. I'm not sure the ratio of number of cigarettes smoked versus x amounts of liquid vaped will ever be truly defined.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Seriously vaping will have you getting more nicotine than smoking. When I first started, after a month my atomizer died. I couldn't stand it so I bought a pack of cigs.... and ended up smoking the entire pack within 8 hours chain smoking throughout. I had never smoked that many before but it was like I couldn't get enough! But at least nicotine is far less harmful than the thousands of carcinogens in cigarette smoke!
So if I smoke 3ml a day it's like smoking 3 packs?? I knew I was chain vaping but this is bad! And I was only a pack a day smoker.

Seriously though, I think it's one of those things like liquid flavors and PV preferences. Everyone is different. I'm not sure the ratio of number of cigarettes smoked versus x amounts of liquid vaped will ever be truly defined.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
Some devices also seem to use more liquid. I can vape a 901 all day or 510 all day. I'll go through more liquid if I use the 510.

Very true. My comparision of 1ml per pack is based on my 901 and what I used to smoke in Marlboro Lights. I was at 1 carton a week, now I am at about 10ml a week.

The nic level you are using also seems to make a difference. My Uncle smoked 2 packs a day of Winston Full Flavor and uses less juice than I do, but he is vaping 24mg liquid where I switch between 11mg and 18mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread