I am the Great Nicodamas! Predict what the Ecig Industry looks like in 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Title says it all. Predict what the industry looks like in 5 to 10 years? Here is what I see

Bottom line is online stuff is going to go away, the industry will adjust and be fine with BMs benefiting the most, and the people in rural communities without decent BMs will be the ones that suffer.

I don't think you will need licenses to DIY nor will they ban DIY. You can home brew your own alchohol as long as you do not sell it. I think buying eliquid over the internet will become a thing of the past, and nobody will be happier than the BMs. I think you will see the AIVs, the Vapor Chefs, Halos, etc revamp their distribution strategies and sell a lot more to BMs to sell locally and be taxed. I think eliquid specific super stores will develop that will carry all of the major gourmet labels.

I think bulk nicotine online will disappear and as a result I think DIY specific stores will open up to sell nicotine (and be taxed). To prepare I bought several years of nicotine, and I am lucky that a new bulk nicotine supplier is about 30 minutes from me. I really hope it is not relegated to prescription status, that would be my worse fear.

What I am not sure about it how PVs will be handled. Seems like it would be harder to ban them online, as things that used in illegal smoking activities are available online. To be safe I am stockpiling Mechs right now and recommend people to do the same.

TRoxx

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
NY
In the distant future..
A company like Apple...or HP , Will create a device.
That device would be something like an ink jet printer..
but ..
Instead of having ink cartridges..It would have "Flavor Cartridges"..
and also VG and PG and Nicotine Cartridges.
You will be able to download eliquid tunes ..to your Iflav device from various eliquid vendors.

TRoxx

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
NY
In the distant future..
A company like Apple...or HP , Will create a device.
That device would be something like an ink jet printer..
but ..
Instead of having ink cartridges..It would have "Flavor Cartridges"..
and also VG and PG and Nicotine Cartridges.
You will be able to download eliquid tunes ..to your Iflav device from various eliquid vendors.

but
soon after that..
The govt will tax nicotine cartridges..
and ...
You will only be able to refill your nicotine cartridges at an American Indian Reservation..

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Once the government does whatever they will do to keep us safe and keep tax money coming in, the industry will stabilize and I think with the legal uncertainty gone more money and technology will pour in and amazing devices get created. It's like looking at the first golf club and the golf clubs of today. I think better ways to transfer power to juice will develop. There will be a movement for smaller setups, eventually people will suck on their watches and phones. I think nicotine packs will be installed in furnaces so a steady doze of nic and AIV will pour into homes.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Some things I hope won't happen are:
A) Suppliers overseas realize they are throwing money away with direct sales and begin a manufacturer-to-retailer marketing strategy like almost every other industry.
B) Investment groups form to "oversee" the industry Rockefeller style where they buy up all the small guys and form cartels to set unfair prices for consumers.
C) The U.S. Gov't taxes all sales of nic to the hilt because it's a "derivative" of tobacco.
D) Only after vaping gets a 30 year head start is it finally discovered the ingredients when combined in certain amounts cause impotence, the ratio of which is different for each individual. (That would be very bad but even worse would be offspring born with extra stuff/missing stuff with a similar timeline to discovery.)

At any rate, I foresee regulation in the industry and then the transition to a traditional manufacturer-supplier-retailer-consumer supply chain for all things vape, with taxes and overhead tacked on at every turn so everyone gets to make a lot of money on my habit.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Some things I hope won't happen are:
A) Suppliers overseas realize they are throwing money away with direct sales and begin a manufacturer-to-retailer marketing strategy like almost every other industry.
B) Investment groups form to "oversee" the industry Rockefeller style where they buy up all the small guys and form cartels to set unfair prices for consumers.
C) The U.S. Gov't taxes all sales of nic to the hilt because it's a "derivative" of tobacco.
D) Only after vaping gets a 30 year head start is it finally discovered the ingredients when combined in certain amounts cause impotence, the ratio of which is different for each individual. (That would be very bad but even worse would be offspring born with extra stuff/missing stuff with a similar timeline to discovery.)

At any rate, I foresee regulation in the industry and then the transition to a traditional manufacturer-supplier-retailer-consumer supply chain for all things vape, with taxes and overhead tacked on at every turn so everyone gets to make a lot of money on my habit.

Seems to be the most plausible prediction so far, except for the gator baby part. If they find it causes impotence they will add ...... to the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread