I asked my china shipper to ship unmarked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
and he did. I got my bulk shipment in less than five days. He wrote "electric charger" on the box. A tad of a stretch- and not the only thing in the box, but frankly I just don't care if he flat out lies at this point.
Just wanted to say this is the third time a large box got to me quickly with no hold ups. If you email with your supplier ask them flat out to not mark the box e-cig or anything because of customs problems. My last box was marked with company name and got here anyway, but I don't want to bring any attention to my money, er, I mean boxes.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
and he did. I got my bulk shipment in less than five days. He wrote "electric charger" on the box.

They can't actually send it totally unmarked. They have to have some kind of description for Customs. If they're willing to stretch the truth a bit, you're probably home free for awhile. Mine come in as "Toy Gift Box". Not too bad, as it *is* my Toy.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Ya it may help, but Customs / FDA has Manufacturers Names and Assigned Numbers to Their Names with a description of what they manufacturer, ship and other codes. This list is also shared among among other Authorities in the US.

So as long as everyone keeps posting the Names & Places Of Where They Are Getting Their Stuff From, The Regular List & Watch List is Updated and Re-Checked For Attempted Slip Throughs.

So Lets All Try To Be A Little Smarter Here Of What Is Posted. Big Bro Is A Watching....

Just My Thoughts.

Keep Vapin!

Last edited:

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
No matter what I ship over seas I always write "childrens toys" as the description. The post office told me that no further description of the type of toy is required since toys are not in the classification of potential dangerous products.

Customs will not hold a item labeled toy. Since smoke ring blowers are toys you would not be lieing about it.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
No matter what I ship over seas I always write "childrens toys" as the description. The post office told me that no further description of the type of toy is required since toys are not in the classification of potential dangerous products.

Customs will not hold a item labeled toy. Since smoke ring blowers are toys you would not be lieing about it.
I don't know if the PO is correct about this or not. And, even if they are, customs has the right to look at ANYTHING that comes in, don't they? They can do random checks whenever they want to, I thought.

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
Nice to know. Another member here suggested the same thing and that's what I did. I hope it works:)

sorry to be redundant! I was wondering if it had been said already but didnt find any posts about it.
this forum is so big I get lost in it sometimes!
About big brother watching...dude...I am just not that convienced someone is sitting here reading this site post after post to find out what we are doing to get stuff here that isnt banned or illigal!
if they are watching I hope they love my spelling errors, I aint fixing them.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I don't know if the PO is correct about this or not. And, even if they are, customs has the right to look at ANYTHING that comes in, don't they? They can do random checks whenever they want to, I thought.

Exactly, and I would think if there was a random check and they found the parcel to be mis-labeled, that supplier(and maybe buyer?) would go on a "list" that requires that each package be examined................

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
9 years never had a problem and I ship overseas 5 packages a day. I think people fail to realize just how many packages go through customs and how low on man power they are. The e-cig exporters in china are on watch lists now. This means that in the e-cig industry it is better to stay small and only ship small packages. The smaller the package is, the less likely it will be looked at with much scrutiny.
The suppliers just need to lie. Sad that it has come to this, but until FDA stops intercepting there is nothing more you can do but try and cheat.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Elindil is correct....8-oThe alert that was recently part of the smoke everywhere law suitAlert#6641...http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia6641.html has two supplliers listed Loong Totem and Kanger (who are not actual manufacturers) for mislabeling goods...IN addition, if the goods are inspected and found to be mis-labled, you loose the option to return to sender...Which means they are confiscated and destroyed..Trust me, I had a $300 dollar package destroyed and the supplier did not make good for it, and THEY:confused: were the ones that decided to mis-lable

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Oh...PS...If you dont think anybody is watching this web site? I am not totally sure Im convinced either but it seems like all the guys that were posting when their shipments were coming in are the ones that are having problems...I mean afterall where else could you find a list of forty or more suppliers without doing any inveatigating? With names an EMAIL ADRESSES? Kind of clandestine sounding, but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread