Status
Not open for further replies.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi. I just got my KR808D-1 Smokeless Image Volt pv yesterday and I love it! The only problem I have is that I'm burning my lips on my clear plastic drip tip. I know I was taking long hard draws and that that was a big part of the problem and I'm doing that less now, but I just want to know if you know of any heat-resistant drip tips or drip tips that don't conduct heat. I would really appreciate your help!!! Thank you so much! :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
the "delorian" drip tips usually won't burn your lips. LOL!!!! JK. I'm surprised any drip tip is getting that hot. Not seeing it on my own volts. If it is too much, you can snip the tip off the end of the plastic protectors that came on the cartomizers and slip it over the tip. It won't look pretty and may feel weird but it will make them usable in the meantime. I hope someone comes along with a good answer for you soon. have you asked in the Volt thread?

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Acrylic/delrin/celluloid drip tips

I tried acrylic and delrin and they didn't burn my lips but got pretty warm. I'm going to try pyrex because I really don't like a warmth that builds up when you take a strong drag. I didn't try celluloid so that's an option too! Thank you! :)

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
What kind of atty do you have? I got a LR 306 with a black aluminum cannon drip tip and it's awesome. Warm but never hot.

Hi! I just use cartomizers. It was recommended to me to get glass or pyrex drip tips. I contacted customer service at theecig.com about their pyrex drip tips and they told me that "The glass does not transfer heat at all" so I'm going to buy one of those! I think they look really cool too! :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
My fav combo is hh357 and ming metal tip. I dont get burned but do get really warm and thats no good. Wondering if there was a heat resistant rubber tip, like those rubber mittens for the oven.

That would be awesome if there were rubber drip tips like those heat resistant oven mitts but I haven't heard of any yet!!!

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
the "delorian" drip tips usually won't burn your lips. LOL!!!! JK. I'm surprised any drip tip is getting that hot. Not seeing it on my own volts. If it is too much, you can snip the tip off the end of the plastic protectors that came on the cartomizers and slip it over the tip. It won't look pretty and may feel weird but it will make them usable in the meantime. I hope someone comes along with a good answer for you soon. have you asked in the Volt thread?

Hi Charlz! Thank you for the great idea about the plastic protector! I used it temporarily and it was a life saver! :) Since then I got an acrylic drip tip that is ok and doesn't burn but I don't like how it gets hotter as I take a big drag. I'm going to buy a pyrex drip tip! You can read my reason and where I'm getting it from somewhere above! LOL on the "Delorian" drip tips!!! I think you're picking on me!!! He he!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread