I call it ADP Mod.. Auto Drip Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not that we need another post about how good this mod is, but I'm bored so here it is anyway.
I've done the straw mod, the blue filter, dart, poly, and this one. This is the one out of those that I've tried that makes the most sense and works the best for the longest time. They all work, but at different degrees. I've not done the PTB or the ZFM, but so far I've reached the point of happiness with the cart mods. Good one dude.

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
Honestly, that looks like it would leak like a sieve and drown the atomizer immediately. I can't see how that small amount of polyfill would be enough to hold in a large reservoir of free-flowing liquid.

Because the juice has enough viscosity (thickness) to allow a that small amount of poly to block the flow. Actually anything, even a small hole will block a drip. That's why you have to squeeze so hard on your bottle of juice to get a drop out. Same affect. Maybe some physics people can answer this better as this could be it's surface tension?

Last edited:

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
This has worked better for me then any other cart mod I've tried.
Using mega XL 301 carts with Fluval foam, lasts longer, wicks better and when its empty the cart and foam are bone dry.
Way to think Scotty

Where do you get this "fluval foam"? I'd be interested in trying. Or is this ADM a better solution than this "fluval foam"?

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
I see there are a few that dont get why its not leaking.. Keep in mind were not smoking water, the viscosity of e juice is somwhat thick and is why you can use a PTB filler with all the air gaps and not leak.. that and maybe the fact that when you fill it up with e juice there is no air gap and it creates a vacume in the cart stoping it from flowing out? all hell I dont know your guess is good as mine but it works:D

Yes, Scotty, you are on the ball with the viscosity thing. That is what keeps the juice from flowing out too quick. It's thickness is what stops it from flowing freely. But watch out when the atty gets hot, the juice thins out when heated. Just like automobile oil.

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
HEY!! Anybody experience this: When I'm vaping medium to hard, my juice heats up, the oil then expands and oozes out the sides of the atty to the power source (more so on the 5v PT), or runs into my atty flooding it and the battery. WTF, I try putting in less juice and the little bit of poly tastes burn like. I've tried changing out the poly three times, with differing amounts of poly materiel. I can only take two to three hits on the PT and four to five on battery (3.6v). I don't get it! Anybody got any help here?

Last edited:

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
HEY!! Anybody experience this: When I'm vaping medium to hard, my juice heats up, the oil then expands and oozes out the sides of the atty to the power source (more so on the 5v PT), or runs into my atty flooding it and the battery. WTF, I try putting in less juice and the little bit of poly tastes burn like. I've tried changing out the poly three times, with differing amounts of poly materiel. I can only take two to three hits on the PT and four to five on battery (3.6v). I don't get it! Anybody got any help here?

The same thing happens to me, and I noticed that it does when my atty is already too dirty. After a good wash, the atty stops leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread