I can no longer taste my favorite juice. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I ordered some juice from Five Pawns (I know, they are a polarizing brand, some love them, some hate them-mainly because of the cost). I fell in love with Grandmaster (peanut butter, banana and caramel) and couldn't put the stuff down. I vaped about 15-20ml's of my 30ml bottle, put it down to try some other flavors I had ordered but when I came back to it I could no longer taste it.

I changed carto's because I thought that might be the problem. I tried it in a Protank. I tried it in an Evod. But no matter what I did I no longer get that same beloved flavor even though it's from the same bottle I loved so much. Now I have a full bottle and a partial bottle of it (and we all know it isn't cheap stuff) of juice I loved but can no longer taste.

Has anyone had anything similar happen? I've been vaping since February and am not sure I've experienced the dreaded "vaper's tongue" yet so is this what happens? It's been almost 2 months and I still can't taste it. Thanks in advance for any input.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
Forget the analogs......you just got a case of taste duds........I usually get them after eating a spicy food....then can't taste anything exceptfor the strongest juices for a few days, (and they taste pretty flavorless as well). It just takes some time. Just keep rotating flavors till the taste comes back to you.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, the dreaded 'vapor's tongue'. A day or two away from those liquids should fix it. I know, I know, 'but they are soooo gooooooood'.

Ummm, yeah, I put each flavor down for weeks at a time and still can't get my taste for them back. It's like a switch flipped somewhere that said "you may no longer taste these two juices." I laid off the Grandmaster for 3-4 weeks and when I went back to it I could taste it maybe a touch more but nothing like when I first got it. Same with the Cappuccino Diablo. I'm not sure if the juice suddenly lost something or what.

Yup, the dreaded vape tongue! I have that happen with my Cotton Candy sometimes and have to switch over to something else for a bit so I can get that delicious Cotton Candy pop again.

Cotton Candy is my fav as well! Have you gotten it from more than one supplier? If yes, who's is the best? Everyone who loves it chime in and share. Thanks in advance and have a great vape day!

Cheryl

Last edited:

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
I'm going to suggest you get an inexpensive dripper, like the Octopus (got mine at Madvapes, a lot of other places have them). Dripping will really bring back the flavor for you. I rotate my flavors many times a day but sometimes my taste buds get dull. Actually, I don't have this problem these days because I use Kayfuns (sort of like drippers, but bottom fed tanks).

I think it's a combination of your taste buds, your delivery system, and the juice steeping and blending a bit too well.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Taste and Smell are closely interrelated. Have you ever worked in or near a place which had a terrible smell? After a short time, no matter how awful the smell, you get accustomed to it and it either does not bother you or you no longer smell it at all. This is what happens with vaping one juice flavor all day long. Your tongue and nostrils get so accustomed to the taste and smell that it no longer is discernible.

Vape some plain nic juice whatever blend 50/50 PG/VG etc, or change flavors several times a day. This will definitely help avoid "vaper's tounge.

The Wabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread