I cannot grasp the concept of the ADV (All Day Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I cannot grasp the concept of the ADV (All Day vape) regarding juices. I mean everyone is different and has their own likes and what not and I'm cool with that, but for me at least, I've yet to chance upon anything I'd like to vape 24/7 (as it were). Sorta like hearing a new song I like, if I play it too much it will eventually lose its charm. Variety is the spice of life they say, moderation in all things, unless you have no alternative. Some juices are what I call "shock juices" (Atomic Cinnamon fireball, Menthol/mint/koolada, Fire and Ice (combo of both). I would not vape these all day, but I think they are good when you need a kick in the rear, a wake up call, a slap in the face (or you wanna slap yo mama) and to assist backsliding vapers who may be thinking about going back to smoking, and new vapers, particuarly in high nic levels. Am I missing out on something? Is there a nectar of the gods I've yet to discover, that when I find it I will vape it exclusively, all day, every day?

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Sorta like hearing a new song I like, if I play it too much it will eventually lose its charm.

Couldn't agree more here, yet there are songs I've listened to a thousand times and will still listen to again. It applies nicely to flavors though. Moderation and healthy choice of diversity is by far the way to go. The idea of an ADV is overrated I think. I tend to interpret and use the term as a more loosely attached connotation which ascribes a juice that I personally like very much. I have several of them, and I vape them frequently.

If there's some magical elixir that, when imbibed, completely disillusions our concepts of a great vape, I've yet to find it.

All that being said, pretty much anything from Velvet Cloud Vapor I would consider an ADV for me. The thick, rich, velvety vapor is what I love the most. Some even have an intense TH. Good combo. If the flavor is good to boot, just icing on the cake. I have many of their flavors and love them all but still change flavors once every other day or so. If I don't I'll just burn my tastebuds out and not enjoy it as much.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I'm with you, Arnie! I have at least 5-10 different flavors every day. Sometimes I'll have a given flavor a couple days in a row, but it's always along with many others. I DIY new flavors and recipes a few times a week. Even when I dislike the results, I really enjoy coming up with new combinations.

Without constant variety I'd be tempted to smoke again (and it would be ironic, but it would be the same old brand I used for many years; no variety THERE!)

I used to use your same "shock" flavors. Sometimes now I'll use an RY4, but that's as close to real cig flavor as I'm willing to go. I vape candy then crave real candy. I vape fruit then crave it. So I avoid anything that might be too much like actually smoking.

Arnie - how do you keep variety convenient for yourself? I always have multiple mini eGo batts with different flavors and usually a little case full of cartos or mini tanks ready with more flavors. I color code each with different drip tips, different color batteries and/or eGo cones. I'm always putting together different combinations of those, too. How about you?

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I don't think many people mean ADV to be taken literally. It's just a way to coin the flavors that you could hypothetically vape all day long, and not be sick of it.

Conversely, I have plenty of juices in my collection that I LOVE, but would not consider them ADV material. Some flavors are just better suited for short sessions, and some will do fine for long sessions, hence the ADV designation.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
ADV doesn't mean that's all we're going to vape. I have 3-4 flavors that I would put into ADV category and I switch between them often. Doesn't mean I vape one flavor exclusively, but it does mean I like it enough to where if it was the only juice available, I'd have no issues at all.

VClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Seattle
Well......

There are people that chew the same flavor of gum day in and day out for years while others like to switch flavors on a regular basis.

Either your cravings are satisfied by what you have or they are not.

Personally I think I got lucky early on when I found a DIY mix that satisfied my cravings within the first few months of dropping analogs. I kept trying different flavors but always returned to the mix I had found. After over 2.5 years of the same flavor (just lower nic levels) I'm still quite satisfied with the flavor and seldom dip into my collection of alternate flavors unless I'm fighting a cold or something.

But that's just my preferences, in over 30 years of smoking I only changed brands 3 or 4 times too so I guess I'm easier to please than some.

Best advice around is find what works for you (to stay off the stinkies) and stick with it regardless of what others say or do, we are all different and that is a good thing.

If you are one that likes a good change up in flavors I would recommend learning to DIY your e-liquid, it's really not that hard and is kind of fun like making your own candy. It can also be much cheaper if you shop smart for supplies.

Best of luck to you and keep vaping your lungs (and mine) will thank you for it. :)

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I smoked the same cigs for years. did you change them up a lot? :)

Here's the thing, as a smoker I had very little choice (either tobacco or menthol). One of the things I love about vaping is the sheer variety of flavor choices. So, now that I've got all these choices, I just can't see myself vaping one juice 24/7. I'm by no means putting down those who do, as I've said, I just cannot understand it. I want to know what I am missing.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
ADV doesn't mean that's all we're going to vape. I have 3-4 flavors that I would put into ADV category and I switch between them often. Doesn't mean I vape one flavor exclusively, but it does mean I like it enough to where if it was the only juice available, I'd have no issues at all.

I do know one person in particular, who appears to be literally "addicted" to one single flavor. This person will vape nothing else, nothing, not even to try new juices. This is the truth! So I don't know if I should feel bad for this person or happy for them. Kinda both I guess. What makes it all the more upsetting is its one of my DIY juices. I kinda feel guilty I guess.

Last edited:

VClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Seattle
Here's the thing, as a smoker I had very little choice (either tobacco or menthol). One of the things I love about vaping is the sheer variety of flavor choices. So, now that I've got all these choices, I just can't see myself vaping one juice 24/7. I'm by no means putting down those who do, as I've said, I just cannot understand it. I want to know what I am missing.

Kid in a candy store LOL

To directly answer your question, you are missing NOTHING!

Do what works for YOU!

Your version of ADV may eventually round down to a dozen or so favorites or you may prefer the vaping lottery of flavor.

Just enjoy it and don't worry about the details.

However you might want to invest in a good light prof storage solution for your growing collection of flavors, they tend to last longer that way.

You can also find several threads on the forum for trading your less favorite flavors for new ones to try.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Arnie - how do you keep variety convenient for yourself? I always have multiple mini eGo batts with different flavors and usually a little case full of cartos or mini tanks ready with more flavors. I color code each with different drip tips, different color batteries and/or eGo cones. I'm always putting together different combinations of those, too. How about you?

Well, I don't really like keeping more than 1 or two tanks filled with e-liquid at any one time. But I will change to a different juice in each tank after vaping. So sometimes I do end up vaping the same thing all day, but not the next day. I couldn't conceive of having the same thing morning, noon, and night, for years on end. That's just my opinion though. I think if I ever get to that point, I'll just put cyanide in my e-cig and be done with it (I am joking)!

Drippers are a great device for people who like to mix things up. So I use some drippers as well.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
I vape anywhere from 3-6 flavors a day; it'd be more, but I only have so many tanks! But I have a couple flavors I *call* ADVs. For me, an ADV is a flavor I can load up a tank of and a) take it with me without feeling like I *need* to bring three extra flavors with me every time I leave the house, and/or b) something I can vape a 3.5ml tank's worth of within a reasonable period of time (a day or two) without getting sick of it.

Doesn't mean I won't *also* bring two or three other flavors with me when I leave home (cause I often do) or that I'll necessarily vape a 3.5ml tank of an ADV straight through without switching off (cause I rarely do), but I *could*... ADV is my shorthand for "this is a flavor that, if I don't have time/motivation to contemplate my options, I'll reach for and be able to enjoy for a relatively long period.

I don't think I've ever vaped only one flavor for an entire day.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

when I started I was excited by the big variety of flavors. sadly, I found I hated most. if I love to eat it I will probably hate vaping it! so I settled on the few flavors I like and unflavored

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I cannot grasp the concept of the ADV (All Day Vape) regarding juices. I mean everyone is different and has their own likes and what not and I'm cool with that, but for me at least, I've yet to chance upon anything I'd like to vape 24/7 (as it were). Sorta like hearing a new song I like, if I play it too much it will eventually lose its charm. Variety is the spice of life they say, moderation in all things, unless you have no alternative. Some juices are what I call "shock juices" (Atomic Cinnamon fireball, Menthol/mint/koolada, Fire and Ice (combo of both). I would not vape these all day, but I think they are good when you need a kick in the rear, a wake up call, a slap in the face (or you wanna slap yo mama) and to assist backsliding vapers who may be thinking about going back to smoking, and new vapers, particuarly in high nic levels. Am I missing out on something? Is there a nectar of the gods I've yet to discover, that when I find it I will vape it exclusively, all day, every day?

i agree that you dont want to over-do a good thing as to preserve its charm. but i have some flavors that i just cant stop vaping.

when i first started vaping, i wanted to try everything. and i had a very heavy rotation of tons of flavors. during that time, for me to vape more than 0.5-1ml of 1 particular flavor in a day was unheard of. now ive setted in and i enjoy a smaller, more manageable set of flavors. and i often find myself vaping no more than 2 or 3 flavors in a day. i liek settling in on 1 flavor for at least a few hours. but i do sill have days where i'll vape half a dozen flavors. it really depends on what im having for a beverage. i'll vape anything when im drinking water, but if ive got juice, soda, coffee, booze/beer i will tailor my vape accordingly. for example, youre not gonna vape vanilla while enjoying a bloody mary lol! and the inverse of that also applies, im less likely to opt for a bloody if im already vaping vanilla for example.

my fiance on the other hand vapes nothing but menthol, all day every day. i used to encourage her to try my flavors (lol) because i couldnt believe she doesnt/wouldnt like the variety. ive gotten her to say that some of my flavors are good, but when vaping, she just wants her NLV Cold Creek. no desire for any other flavors- not even any other menthol flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread