Status
Not open for further replies.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Let me start by saying hello and thanks to all of you who participate in this forum. I have now been analog free for 10 days thanks to all of you. I was just beginning to feel like I had a bit of knowledge and I just learned.... I need to keep reading! :confused:
I purchased what I thought was ready to vape liquids from Perfumers Apprentice. I had read some good posts regarding their flavors. Heres the rub.... they are FLAVORS!! No nicotine, no PG, noVG just flavors. I sent them an email begging them to let me return these flavors that I had no idea what to do with and they kindly informed me they don't take returns but these flavors can be used in lots of different food stuffs, like, yougart, flavored waters, cookies and the like. I can't wait to try some wintergreen yougart!!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do with these, I'm all ears. I got two 15 ml bottles of flavor. One is wintergreen and the other is english toffee. I also ordered one of their little sampler packets thats called "fruit basket". It has apple, green apple, plum, peach, pear and lemom (water sol).

At some point down the road, maybe I will get into DIY liquids but I'm not even close to that yet. Will these flavors last for a while?? Is there a simple informative place to start to learn about mixing your own??

Anyway, glad to be here. I have been a pack a day smoker for 40 years give or take a couple of breaks to have twins and then to have some surgery so I'm not about to let this little blunder put a damper on my joy!

Thanks everyone for all the great information. I owe you big time!!

bull mom

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
After you have 5 posts under your belt ypu can post in different sections of the site.

:laugh: You snatched that right off my fingers Robert! (I think it tickled. Do it again.)

bully mom, since you say you might like to make juice one day, my instinct is to tell you to put them to nap quietly in a cool dark place until that day arrives.

But there is a whole section here just about juice, and it is a roiling, teeming hotbed of wise and knowledgeable people who will be able to tell you all about the shelf life of each flavor.

Juice itself is said by some to have a shelf life of two years, and others say it is still perfectly good indefinitely, but you will be able to meet real live Leading World Experts and participate in discussions of this and other exciting topics in the ECF Juice Department if you post 4 more times!

I'm so glad you are here, you will love it!

harleybluz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Hey, when it comes to vaping, I think we've all done our fair share of DUMB! lol I know I have and it can run into a bit of money as well. However, you can order "unflavored" juice with nicotine and add the flavors to it. I know this because I ordered the unflavored by accident and had to buy the "flavors". Just the opposite of what you did. See? not dumb, just new at this.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
Hey, when it comes to vaping, I think we've all done our fair share of DUMB!

As the person who recently tried to light my e-cigarette with a roller ball pen, I would have mentioned that, but I did not want the new person to feel embarrassed by pointing out that were a DUMB contest to be held, just how quickly and thoroughly she would be sliced up for sandwiches and tossed out of the ring... :blink:

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
LOL... Thanks for taking the sting out a bit. I really appreciate it. I do have a bottle of unflavored nic (18mg) in my drawer. Maybe I will play with it a bit. LOL Thanks for the DonDaVoomVape tip. His was the first post I read when I came here looking for information and I really enjoyed his "getting started" advice.

Thanks for the warm welcome my friends.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Those are one of the brands of flavoring used in eliquids. You can make eliquid

(note - lots of eliquid shops also sell flavoring so you have double check what you are putting in your cart)

For the simplest way (but not the most accurate - this method will cut the nicotine level down probably 10% when you add flavoring), go here and buy flavorless liquid in your nicotine level and I like high-PG blend for the bease (like 70PG/30VG or for cartomizers 80PG/20VG)
Unflavored E Liquid
They also have some pipettes and small glass bottles (or use old eliquid bottles you have)
E liquid D.I.Y.

And you can try mixing your level of nicotine liquid w/ 5%, 10%, or 15% flavoring. I recommend a more accurate measuring tool for trying small amounts first like a 1ml batch - you could get a blunt syringe elsewhere (I think LiteCigUSA.net has one).

The real more accurate way to make eliquid need separate PG and VG and separate extra strong nicotine liquid and many more measurements.

See the ECF DIY section and read the guide as well as any including or links guides/lists of Perfumer's Apprentice flavoring hints. The comments at Perfumer's Apprentice also sometimes include what percentage a person uses.

ECF DIY Forum
DIY e-liquid

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
dormouse gave you the RIGHT link, I just gave you the juice department.

This is because dormouse is an encyclopedic entity of legendary proportions who the whole world hopes will make a blog.

I so very much appreciate her taking the time to explain it to me so that even I can understand it. ;)

I really am looking forward to getting to know you all better. This place has truly been a blessing. And I think my cat has fallen in love with your avatar lolady, she keeps pawing at it!!!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hey, don't sweat it.

I read a horrible review of TPA once because the poster did not know they were flavors and vaped them straight. I laughed. They learned. A good time was had by all.

I also laughed when my fiance pointed out that the reason I could not find my PV was because it was in my left hand.

Now, you do have one of my favorite flavors from Linda, her wintergreen is bright and clean and makes a hot day easier to handle. But then again, I'm a mixer, and have some experience with her stuff. We won't go into the attempt to make bacon flavored ice cream....

Paul McCoy

Aug 11, 2010
Lancaster, Ca.
Dear bull mom, You're not dumb. You've just forced yourself into mixing you own liquid which you can custom tailor to your own taste. Xtrem vaping offers liquid nicotine and a nuetral base so you can, with a little research, mix your own juice. You have the opportunity with very little outlay to have some pretty interesting juices. Just read and play and don't be afraid to make mistakes.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Not dumb at all -- just a small oversight that is going to lead you to a wonderful learning experience! I think dumb would be watching and watching for your e-cig kit to arrive only to learn it had been sitting in the mailbox all weekend....yep, that would be me lol. Welcome and good luck with mixing your own juice -- let us know when you find the perfect recipe : )

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
bully mom, in addition to starting from scratch DYIing a well-crafted masterpiece of an e-liquid, you can also use the flavors to heighten and concentrate some e-liquids which may be very nice but very faint.

For instance, I really like MadVape's version of Cherry Cola. The balance between the cherry flavor, the cola flavor and the hint of carbonation (how do they do that?) is well-nigh perfect, in my opinion. But it's a trifle faint.

So, whenever I crack open a new bottle of MadVape's Cherry Cola e-liquid, I add a couple of percent of their Cherry Cola flavor to it and give it a shake to mix thoroughly. Exquisite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread