I can't believe how easy it was to give up smoking using e-cigarettes! Been vaping for about 2 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
I started smoking in 1987...and have wanted to quit for a really long time but found it so difficult. Then a couple of months ago I walk into a local gas station and see this electronic cigarette display by Nicotek. There was a small kit for $19.99 so I said what the heck...I'll give it a try. Holy cow...I took to it like a real champ...no urge to smoke at all. Then I needed more cartridges and went to go buy some and they had sold out of everything! Seems like a lot of other people had the same idea I did...uh oh!

So I make a mad rush all around town trying to find more cartridges in the different smoke shops in town. I found one place that sold them too but had also sold out. That one smoke shop also sold a couple of other kits...some kind of mod kit and a Phoenix Vapor V2 kit (a 510 with a nice PCC). I was broke at the time so I had to buy more tobacco to get me through. I mentioned the 510 kit to one of my sons and he went and bought it for me! I've been using that ever since. I like the kit a lot other than the batteries don't stay charged long enough. Sometimes I find myself with no battery life left and I have to go back to the Nicotek for a couple of hours, but I don't buy the cartridges anymore since they cost a lot. I found a way to add juice to them by putting 5 drops of juice at a time in the rubber covers that come on the cartridges and slowly pushing the battery connector side of the cartridges down into the juice. I do it a couple of times to get a bit more use out of them in a pinch, lol.

I really, really, really want to get one of the new Halo G6 kits but can't really afford it for a few more weeks, unfortunately. At least 20 people have asked for my advice about what and where to buy their own kits over the last couple of days. There is a massive interest. I have shared information about the two kits I have and hopefully will be able to offer input about that Halo G6 before too much longer as well. Since these are folks I work with I'm not going to recommend anything I haven't actually used myself or that I can let them actually try. I love vaping so much and am so excited about how easily I gave up smoking that I'm thinking about starting a review blog and signing up for a bunch of affiliate programs, lol. Not sure if that's a typical reaction or not...but I'm loving it! I feel GREAT, too...I can breathe again and I hear that I'm even snoring less...woo hoo!

Anyhow...nice to meet everyone!

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
Congrats Shannon! It was ridiculously easy for me too. Everyone in my life, who smoked, wanted info. I've got about 9 of them converted or in the process of switching (It is not so easy for some to completely switch). With a bunch more ready to take the plunge soon. It feels amazing to help free people from their unhealthy addiction to cigs. Keep up the great work! :)

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
I am still smoking regular cigarettes :-( I can't seem to give them up all the way yet

Keep trying! Its not easy for some to completely make the switch. Remember that each cig you don't smoke is better for your health. A few cigs a day is better then a pack a day. Keep track of how many you smoke in a day then every week reduce the number by one. It is ok to go slow. :) Don't be afaid to up your nic to a higher level if you need to. It wasn't until I had 36mg that my need for nic was truly satisfied. Then once your comfortable only using your e-cig back your Nic back down some. I still use 36mg for those times whan I "need" nic but use mostly 24 or 18mg now. Good luck with your switch! :)

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
Outstanding! Other than finishing off the last few analogs in my pack, I have stopped, without the thought of picking one up! Now, the burden is the endless shopping sprees for juice and accessories! :)

In regards to those that still smoke and vape, if your analog consumption has gone down, that's success! Pat yourself on the back for cutting down, and keep up the good work. When the analogs drop off for good - WINNER!

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
Congrats! I'm the same. Three weeks now and no analogs. I love vaping! I have no urge at all for an analog and actually get sick of the smell when I'm around my friends who haven't converted yet. I have switched 3 so far and am on a mission to convert the rest! I'm running a joye ego-t 1000 mah passthru with dual coil 510 lr cartomizers and couldn't even think about ever putting a nasty analog to my lips again. With over 100 flavors to choose from at my local vape shop I'm in heaven. I'm also loving this forum and learning a lot! Thank you all for the support and info! Keep vapin!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread