Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
I honestly can’t believe it’s been that long. No, I haven’t completely quit smoking; that wasn’t my intention to begin with. If this old smoker’s brain even hears the word “quit”, all it wants to do is light up a cigarette. I just wanted to cut back with a healthier alternative and be able to go out on the weekends and not have to go outside every half hour to get my fix (especially after last winter’s 30 below wind chills…BRRR!).

I didn’t know if e-cigs would work, but what the heck. I got my first starter kit on July 14 around 1:30. I was amazed. I smoked one cigarette that afternoon (mainly to compare) and didn’t light up another one until five hours after waking up the next morning (and, yes it did taste nasty). For the next six days, the most I smoked was four cigs in a day. This was after years of smoking 30-40 a day. I was nearly choking up when talking to other people about it because I was in such disbelief.

Then, of course, reality and life kicked in. I received a horrible batch of cartomizers (trust level diminished) and work was a bit more routine and stressful than I would have liked. So, I smoked more. I just kept telling myself that as long as I was still vaping, even half of the time, it’s better than smoking.

I don’t like threads that are too long winded, so, to make a long story short…Here I am two months later. I regularly vape now 75-80 percent of the time. I don’t know if I’ll ever want to completely quit smoking (of course, everybody needs to). But, I’m happy knowing that I was able to stick to this for as long as I have.

And, thanks to this forum for all of the great support/advice it gives. Without it I wouldn’t be sitting here typing this with my Mega 510 and yummy Flue Cured liquid. Is that a hint of cinnamon I taste?? :vapor:

C3RTIF1ED

Sep 6, 2010
Southampton
Nice One!! I love how almost everyone has the same vaping experiences! I have been vaping for about 3 weeks now and the only analogues I have are the ones I bum off my girlfriend ... I got her onto vaping as well but she is just like you and still smokes about 4 real ones a day.

It is so good to be able to smoke wherever I want (well almost because i dont vape in places where you would get hassle: restaurants etc) and not feel guilty because you know you should be quitting.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
You are all off to a good start. Smoking even half of what you used to is a good thing. Everyone is different. For me I was able to quite completely after getting my first 901 a year and 8 months ago. I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years and did not expect to quite completely but I got lucky. I stopped buying cigarettes and told myself if I wanted one it was either Vape or nothing and it worked. Keep at it and don't give up.
Oh, and trouble2k, your dog looks like my dog. :D

tinker.jpg

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
it worked. Keep at it and don't give up.
Oh, and trouble2k, your dog looks like my dog. :D
tinker.jpg

Well, close, but no cigar! I don't know if that's a tail between it's toes or??? My little Trouble is a girl. But, either way, I can't believe you have that!?

I just don't worry about completely quitting. Two months + ago I would have never believed I'd be where I was at today. I had given up on that thought. Thus, the amazement I feel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread