I can't believe what I've been missing, Wow just Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Omg, after reading, debating (with myself), my head spinning... I allmost gave up! Thank goodness I didn't and had the E-Cig Forum to rescue me!!!
    I've been vaping a year now and using the Aspire nautilus since it came out. I am a heavy vaper but really started to resent the pricy, short lived coils.

Knowing there was somthing better out there but not ready to dump $100's more to chance, I came across the Lemo thread. With only positive comments and a "build with pic's" to boot, I had little to lose!

WOO HOO I'm LOVING my LEMO ATM!

It got a bit frustrating trying to get the wire under the screws with out screwing up my beautifully wrapped coil :facepalm:, but hey know one but me knows how funky the curves are :) and it tested a 1.3 ohms which isn't to bad for a first build aiming for 1.6 ohms.

So THANKS to everyone who answered my noobie questions along they way!!

PS
    Is there any tricks or tips for getting the wire to the screws while keeping them in the "under" direction?

Thanks again

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    So happy for you that you are enjoying your vaping. I have never used one of those but if there are any tips and tricks. . . it's probably in this thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/601945-lemo-rta-build-pics.html
    JC_link.gif

Have fun.

chav

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 13, 2014
    Virginia
    I don't have a lemo, but something I found that works great for my SQuapeR (credit tonj1001's tutorial) is just trap one leg under a screw and tighten it, and with your drill bit/screw drive/coil building device still in the coil, take the other leg and actually wrap it around your screw then tighten it down, then loosen the other screw and wrap that leg around that screw and ta da, secure coil that's not deformed.

Chromag9

ECF Veteran
    Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    I've been vaping a year now and using the Aspire Nautilus since it came out. I am a heavy vaper but really started to resent the pricy, short lived coils.
    That's the same reason I switched to an RTA! I was using a Protank2 and some evods for the past year and I just got sick of buying those coils again and again. Then I found this forum and thought - "Hey, I bet I could build my own coil like that!" Turns out I could. I'm not great at it but it works and it's really cheap and better quality than those Kanger coils.

take the other leg and actually wrap it around your screw then tighten it down, then loosen the other screw and wrap that leg around that screw and ta da, secure coil that's not deformed.
    I had to do something similar on my Kayfun Lite (clone). The stupid screws are actually rounded on the bottom! The first couple coils I tried drove me nuts until I realized the bottoms were rounded (which explains why the wire kept popping off). I realized I needed to wrap it all the way around the screw then pulled it tight with a pair of needle nose pliers.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Alabama
    www.ecigarette411.com
    PS
    Is there any tricks or tips for getting the wire to the screws while keeping them in the "under" direction?

I gave up on the through holes and just went for under the screw heads on top using two of these per screw:

washers.jpg

Sandwich the coil legs between the washers and it doesn't pull on the legs when you tighten the screws.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    Arizona, Ecuador
    I gave up on the through holes and just went for under the screw heads on top using two of these per screw:

View attachment 413960

Sandwich the coil legs between the screws and it doesn't pull on the legs when you tighten the screws.

Good idea....it does save a lot of screwing around.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Alabama
    www.ecigarette411.com
    Yeah sheesh I meant sandwich between the washers not the screws...edited the post.

I use these on attys whenever I can IE doesn't short out to the chimney. Especially since I'm using nickel wire for the DNA40 it is so soft compared to Kanthal. Sometimes I have to customize them a bit by filing or grinding but on my Lemo they were perfect fit.

View attachment 413962

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread