I cheated but glad I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm also convinced that I will eventually give up my one analog in the morning, one after meals, and the one I smoke before bed. They just don't compare in taste. I do, however still get some sense of satisfaction from those few. I guess it is the MAOI component -> This is your brain on nicotine

Given that I still smoke 5 a day, I haven't smoked about 1200 in my month of vaping.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
That's not "cheating", it's "negative reinforcement". :D

Seriously, a LOT of people vape and smoke at the same time (some for months), before they finally quit for good. I don't even remember my exact "quit date". It was a day or two after Christmas '09. Sometime in January, I realized that I hadn't had one in weeks, and I didn't want one.

A couple of months ago, I tried to smoke a Marlboro Light 100. I couldn't even fill my mouth with that foul-tasting smoke, let alone inhale it. I just blew it out without inhaling, rinsed my mouth out with water, and haven't even considered smoking one since. THAT is the point when I really began thinking of myself as an actual non-smoker. Not an "ex-smoker", still jonesing for a cigarette, but a NON-smoker. From 3 packs of Kools per day to not caring about them at all took me about 6 months. People smoke around me, and I don't even notice.

Now, that's awesome. Congrats!

vaporAdam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
Upstate,NY
After 4 weeks of no cigs my e-cig broke on me when I dropped it about 300 miles from home. I decided to light a cigarette and took one puff, gagged and put it out grabbed my PT and used it with one of those huge battery jump start things and lighter plug not very portable but I never ran out of power. LOL

haha thats great~!

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
haha thats great~!

After 4 weeks of no cigs my e-cig broke on me when I dropped it about 300 miles from home. I decided to light a cigarette and took one puff, gagged and put it out grabbed my PT and used it with one of those huge battery jump start things and lighter plug not very portable but I never ran out of power. LOL

Thanks maybe I need to have this moved to battery mods? :blush:

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
Most of us have been there, done that. It's a good feeling, isn't it? And another thing, now we won't be tempted to screw up if we have some ultra-stressful event happen in our life.;)

I have primarily been using 6mg some omg for vaping and doing very well on it. When out of the blue the stress arrived, I ran for a bottle of 24mg I had planned to give my niece. I was glad it worked so no matter rhow low I go on the MG I will keep at least one higher MG fluid around just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread