I did an experiment. I was bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I did an experiment today. I wrapped a bunch of coils. .9mmx.3mm rectangle wire 3mm id coming out right at .21ohms in dual coil configuration. I used the same mod set at 70 watts and same drip tip for all the RDAs in this experiment. All the RDAs have horizontal coils except for the Lucid RDA that has vertical coils. All were wicked with rayon. I used Vapetasia Pineapple Express 70vg/30pg 3mg juice in all of the RDAs. I wanted to see how all these RDAs compare to each other for flavor. I can't say I was surprised with the results. The results of this test are my OPINION. Your opinion might be different and that's ok.

1. Lucid RDA
2. Drop RDA
3. Cheetah 2 RDA
4. Mad Dog RDA
5. Battlestar RDA
6. Apocalypse / Apocalypse clone RDAs
7. Goon/Goon clone RDAs
8. Icon RDA
9. Rapture clone RDA
10. Goon 1.5 RDA
11. Glass cap Goon clone RDA
12. Radar RDA
13. Dead Rabbit RDA

The Lucid has been my favorite since I got it. I think it is an amazing RDA. The I would not recommend the Lucid for a beginning builder though. The Drop is another amazing RDA. Arguably the best RDA on the market right now. Easy to build and great flavor/cloud production. The Cheetah 2 is another easy to build on RDA. Good for beginners and experienced alike. The Mad Dog has a tight build deck and is a bit tricky to build on but it's worth it. The Battlestar has a similar airflow to the Mad Dog. The Apocalypse is #3 on my list of favorite RDAs behind the Lucid and the Drop. There really isn't much difference between the authentic and the clone. The Goon and Goon clone are almost identical and are a good RDA. The Icon is another good all around RDA. The Rapture clone is not even close to the authentic but for $6 it's ok and it's a bottom airflow RDA. The Goon 1.5 is a cloud machine! Flavor isn't bad either. The glass cap Goon clone does much better with bigger coils and higher watts but it gets HOT and the airflow is just a bit too much. The Radar has a unique and easy to build deck. If you get the coil placement just right it's ok at best. I got the Radar with my Gbox but I would never recommend anyone buy one. Last and very least is the Dead Rabbit. It's garbage! The only good I can say about this POS is it is easy to build. Other than that it's a waste of money. No suprise there.
I didn't include any of my single coil, 22mm RDAs or 30mm RDAs in this experiment. Like I said in the beginning THIS IS MY OPINION! It was fun and I won't have to do any building for awhile. I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Also, for what it's worth, 1 through 7 are all good choices for flavorful RDAs. The Goon 1.5 is ok if you cut the airflow down but it really shines as a juice drinking fog machine.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Poor Dead Rabbit. I have the Dead Rabbit SQ. Useless for MTL, even though it is marketed to be DL or MTL. I use it as a very restricted DL, and it’s okay. As good as my $8 Speed Revolution clones? Not even close. And that is my opinion.
You can probably see I'm not an MTL person. I can say none of what I have is good for MTL. I don't think MTL is bad it's just not for me is all. I like alot of airflow. I think that anyone that does MTL would hate the juice I make. It would probably be too strong of a flavor.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I guess I need to get a Lucid. I've been perfectly content with nardas, narcas, soul s, solo.....but I keep hearing great things .
I got a clone from Fasttech to compare it to the authentic. It's alot different. I would say if you're going to get one get an authentic. It's definitely not an MTL RDA.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I got a clone from Fasttech to compare it to the authentic. It's alot different. I would say if you're going to get one get an authentic. It's definitely not an MTL RDA.
They seem to make them available. When modders make things available and ask a reasonable price (which the Lucid seems to be) I'll always buy authentic. Narda? The yftk clones a little better than the authentic and I don't need to play stupid games to get one, so, I don't feel bad. Lucid is made by the guy that made the Dreamer, right? Good guy. He can have my money.

Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
They seem to make them available. When modders make things available and ask a reasonable price (which the Lucid seems to be) I'll always buy authentic. Narda? The yftk clones a little better than the authentic and I don't need to play stupid games to get one, so, I don't feel bad. Lucid is made by the guy that made the Dreamer, right? Good guy. He can have my money.

Yeah that's the guy. When I ordered mine customer service was great. I ordered it and got it in I think it was 3 days. Here's where I got mine. You might be able to shop around and get it cheaper. I don't know.

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread