I did it I built 3 coils...and suck at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglips

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Cocoa Fl
I did it I built 3 coils...and suck at it

So boiled my cotton yarn and cheese cloth strips...while they boiled I took apart the installed wick on one of BO8 Triton RBAs I got today...it was reading 6 Ohms... I also ordered 2 premade wicks....but quickly learned that the wick holes on the BO8 were way to small for premade wicks. So unwrapped them. I ordered some wire but tanks got here first and I have not patience. After much frustration getting the freaking wick to go into the holes...I took a break and decided to try the VIVI nova coil first...I kept making the cheese cloth way to big to fit in the slot...then the coils too wide left to right to fit....finally got one made and fitting..tested at 2.02 ohms...I did the happy dance and tried it...not the best but worked...more happy dance... So went back to the BO8 and using yarn way too long so I could twist the pork out of it and push it through made coil #2 Tested at 3 1/2 ohms ....not so great but its any coil you can vape is a good coil...

Went to use the VIVA nova for a vape while I let the BO8 soak ...knocked the vamo over...just tipped over..not long fall...picked it up...nada zippo...checked Ohms 9.9 or as I translated it...say many bad words now.

I tried the BO8..at 6.5 watts the peppermint burns my nose..brings tears to my eyes normally this occurs at 10W so not to shabby..

Went back and tossed the old coil off the viva nova...and made my 3rd. Its Testing at 3.2 ohms. But now I'm out of peppermint so got to mix some up to try it.

I have to admit it looks easier on you tube than in real life..so for now Id rate my coil making at the suckage or lower grade. Hopefully some more practice and Ill get it down.

Doglips

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Cocoa Fl
I picked one up at harbor freight on the way home from work..and some forecepts...I need to just practice...not as hard as I fist thought when I seen the RBAs but like anything else...not going to be a you-tube master over night.....now next week when Im talking smack about knowing it all....someone will Im sure be nice enougt to link to this post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread