I didn't start vaping to quit smoking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransizzle

Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I started vaping because I really enjoy the act of smoking. I never have been a habitual analog smoker, even though there have been stints of time in my life where I would smoke for a few months, start to notice the negative effects (waking up in the morning coughing, coughing up nasty gunk, shortness of breath), then quit for a while. Over the last 8 years I've been an "occasional" smoker (no cigs during many months, maybe 10-15 cigarettes on others). I might buy a pack of cigarettes if I would go out drinking with friends, or hanging with friends that smoke, just so I wasn't bumming cigarettes all night, then give them to someone at the end of the night when our hang session was over. I decided to start vaping a few weeks ago, and have to say, I love it. It's cheaper, easier, and I'm not a slave to sitting there puffing on a cig for 10 minutes until it's gone (or hotboxing it because it's cold outside and there's no smoking inside). Are there any other members on the board that just picked up vaping because they like to smoke, even though they aren't necessarily "addicted" to nicotine or the act of smoking?

PS. I'll be glad to share my experiences over time, if I notice any negative effects from using ecigs if people are interested in hearing from a "non-smoker" that isn't switching from analogs.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Some people dont have an addictive personality and can rather easily stop whatever they think is a bad habit being alcohol,drugs or tobacco.

Good for you,you seem to be one those people!

I am also one.

The day I charged my 1st e-cig (well,PV in my case) I stopped...that was a month ago.

I already lost the morning urge for a smoke,the aftermeal,the during cofee,etc...not 1 of the usual conditions that would trigger the urge to light up reappeared and that the very next morning.

Lucky me!

I stick to vaping though as i like the diff. flavors and I am admitedly a gadget maniac,so indulging myself with more gadgets...I have all the types bar a lavatube :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread