I Don’t Know What Else to Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I have an issue and I can’t seem to find anyone to help, so I came here hoping someone could lend a hand. I bought an Asvape Lucifer mod about a year or so ago. It’s a really beautiful stab-wood design, and I did a bunch of investigating and research on it before making the commitment to buy(it wasn’t cheap). Well, since having it, I’ve had one major issue with it. The adhesive that Asvape used to connect the wood to the metal plating has come apart. Which leaves me with not being able to attach an atomizer cause then I can’t get it off, and the batteries are scary to touch as well. It all still works, the wires are connected, and I want to believe not all hope is lost. I’ve tried contacting Asvape in the past but they had no suggestions. I’ve gone to local vape shops in hopes that they might throw out ideas. They only thing I tried was a heavy duty epoxy and that eventually failed as well. I just don’t want to believe that I cant find a way to save it, I really adore this mod. If anyone has ideas or experience with issues like this, your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    The screws themselves are still there. When I tried using the epoxy, I tightened the screws back into place. But it was to no avail.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution but there's plenty of nice folks in here that will hopefully come up with an answer for you soon, and many stabwood users too:D

You say the batteries are a problem? What's wrong with them?
    If you have another mod u can use for now that's the best option:)

Unfortunately I don't have a solution but there's plenty of nice folks in here that will hopefully come up with an answer for you soon, and many stabwood users too:D

You say the batteries are a problem? What's wrong with them?
    If you have another mod u can use for now that's the best option:)

I do have another mod that I am using, it’s been a few months now since it last broke and it’s just been sitting there but it’s making me sad. The batteries themselves aren’t an issue. It’s just the fact that the stab-wood is the sleeve around the innards of the mod and I’m terrified to do anything because both the top and bottom plates are disconnected from the wood. I just don’t want to move it too much, in any way, because I don’t want to snap any of the wires.
    I really do hope that someone will know how to help with this problem. I would hate to have to put this one away for good.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    When dealing with stabwood, I found good quality CA glue to work exceptionally well. If you are attaching metal to wood you will need to lightly sand the bottom of the metal, this puts small scratches in the metal to increase surface area for the glue to contact, which also greatly increases the holding strength. But if you screw an atty down tightly or change atties often, you will always run a risk of breaking the glue bond. Glue is not the ideal solution for attaching metal to wood, especially for a metal plate that takes torque stresses such as a 510 plate.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hey everyone! I have an issue and I can’t seem to find anyone to help, so I came here hoping someone could lend a hand. I bought an Asvape Lucifer mod about a year or so ago. It’s a really beautiful stab-wood design, and I did a bunch of investigating and research on it before making the commitment to buy(it wasn’t cheap). Well, since having it, I’ve had one major issue with it. The adhesive that Asvape used to connect the wood to the metal plating has come apart. Which leaves me with not being able to attach an atomizer cause then I can’t get it off, and the batteries are scary to touch as well. It all still works, the wires are connected, and I want to believe not all hope is lost. I’ve tried contacting Asvape in the past but they had no suggestions. I’ve gone to local vape shops in hopes that they might throw out ideas. They only thing I tried was a heavy duty epoxy and that eventually failed as well. I just don’t want to believe that I cant find a way to save it, I really adore this mod. If anyone has ideas or experience with issues like this, your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Howdy and welcome :)

Heavy duty long cure epoxy failed? That stuff will hold trucks if properly applied. There’s a reason it’s referred to as “2 ton”. Properly applied is the key phrase though.

My first guess at the problem is you’re not preparing your surfaces correctly.

The bottom hasn’t come apart all the way, it’s just become wobbly. Maybe I didn’t prepare my surfaces correctly. I only use one atomizer so I never have reason to take them off and on like that.
    4E5307E2-A39A-4CCD-A611-95A4E7A1F276.jpeg
    E949FB9B-B1F0-47C1-868E-ECA828821199.jpeg
    193C016D-1F38-4CCA-9C87-6517F4CB9B14.jpeg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I really do hope that someone will know how to help with this problem
    @bombastinator is probably correct. This is not an easy glue job. You need to find someone like a hobbyist to clean, abrade and apply.

Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question about fixing your mod.
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

You can PM me or just click "Reply" in small blue letters located on the right hand lower side of this post next to Quote.

@bombastinator is probably correct. This is not an easy glue job. You need to find someone like a hobbyist to clean, abrade and apply.

Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question about fixing your mod.
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

You can PM me or just click "Reply" in small blue letters located on the right hand lower side of this post next to Quote.

I would love to find anyone near me to help. I will update my location in the profile, but for a direct response, I am located in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Looks like the screw anchors popped out of their places. Unscrew the two screws on the top plate, take the anchors that the screws are screwed into and epoxy them back into the holes they belong into inside the wooden body. Let it cure fully. This should let you screw the top back on properly. Remember to not go too heavy on the epoxy. You don't want it getting everywhere when you push the anchors back in.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    So if I put the anchors back in place, and screw the top back on, is there anything I should do for the metal plating itself? I don’t want to run the risk of things being too loose.
    If you epoxy the ancors back and screw the top back on, then it should be just like new. It shouldn't be loose.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    So just to get this straight:

there are plastic holders which are connected to the inside of the device.

These plastic holders have interiorly threaded brass sleeves for the actual screws which have come loose from their holders, correct?

The type of plastic may matter. There are some plastics to which almost no glues will adhere including epoxy.

Depending on the plastic type, It’s not impossible this will require either replacement of the holders or a friction fit. To make that work would require not sanding the outside of the sleeves but burring them, which is a much less common practice, and then pressing the sleeves back into the holders.

Who manufactured the device? Are they still in business? You might need to contact them for info.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Take the tan colored anchors off of the screws. Mix up equal parts of JB Weld and apply a thin coat around the inside walls of the white colored tubes that they push into. Press the tan anchors into the tubes and clamp them (if you can) for 24 hours. Then reattach your top plate and put the screws back in.

This would be the easiest thing to try, it's amazing what JB Weld will stick to.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    • Love
    Reactions: Rob B.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread