I don't hate analogs yet - will I ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwood9

Aug 4, 2011
NC
I've been off analogs and off nicotine for over 3 weeks now. I could have done it without vaping (maybe) but I would have been climbing the walls every second.

I've read numerous posts from vapers who have found they prefer vaping to smoking. Unfortunately, I'm not there yet. Maybe it's because I'm not getting enough throat hit. Maybe it's because I still haven't found a flavor that I really like. Whatever the reason, it's annoying.

Anyone been vaping for a long time, but vulnerable to the lure of analogs?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I just went through a period where the lure to the cigarettes was strong because of stress. I just upped my nicotine level from 18mg back up to 24mg like when I first started vaping and *BAM*! Cravings were nipped in the bud! I also started using my mods at 5 and 6V more often when I'm at home and that helps, too.

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
I hated analogs the day after I started vaping. Can't stand to smell them now and have zero craving. Definately try some different juices to find your sweet spot and the craving for analogs should disappear. Everybody is different though. The goal is to stay away from those analogs. If you get weak just ask the vets on here, they can help you through by helping you tune your vaping.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Welcome to the forum Rwood9! Many of us here still smoke as well as vape. I've been vaping for a long time and I still have several cigs a day. But you know what? I still feel good about replacing over 2/3's of my cigs with vaping. Every cig I don't smoke is better for me, right? This is a very individual thing, if you want to quit smoking you will at your own pace. If you don't, no one here is going to tell you that you are doing something wrong.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I started off using 24mg strength and then dropped to 18 in about 3 months, haven't really wanted an analog since. I did spend the first six months using tobacco flavors, then went nuts ordering all the others for about a year now I'm back to tobacco flavors. Keep sampling until you find the flavor/nic strength that works for you.

Rwood9

Aug 4, 2011
NC
Going 0-nic hasn't been too bad so far. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that the physical withdrawal from nicotine has already occurred, so nicotine may not be the key to my analog urges. Like some other posters, I've tried the patch before, and I still wanted to smoke.

That being said, something is still missing. I've tried Rockstar Cinnamenthol which had plenty of throat hit, but still left me wanting. Maybe I'll try some nic juice to see if it takes the edge off. I'm a little hesitant because I feels a bit like cheating.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Pretty much the same story with me. While I did get off of analogs the day I got my first PV, and it was working, I still wasn't really completely satisfied with it. In the end it turned out I just needed more nicotine and more throat hit, so I bumped it up a notch and that took care of everything on the spot. (Well, almost; I was using the eGo-Ts at the time and they were a fail for me, so it didn't truly kick in 'til I switched to cartos.)

For some people though it just takes time. Time, and the right PV and juice. Once you find that right combination of a good PV and some tasty juice that suits your palate -- that elusive all day vape we all chase -- I think you'll find the experience more pleasurable than smoking. That, too, takes time, and some experimentation. I finally found my almost-perfect combo myself, so now it's all about tweaking with different cartos/hybrids to see which one truly does it for me -- which, fortunately, is the less expensive part. :)

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I have been vaping since May 6. I have had one cig in the last month (half of it twice). One of the times it burned my throat and I was thrilled thinking I had finally gotten over them. The other time, the half just tasted good.

The last time I quit smoking for a year and when I picked one back up, it was a good as ever.

I wish I could get to where I hate them, but I doubt that will happen for me. What a relief it would be to never want another one.

I do feel grateful that vaping helps me stay away from them, though.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Rwood9: You are not "cheating" (your words?). There are several differing things to a cig addiction. I glanced at your posts, you haven't mentioned what device you are using. Sometimes more/less vapor, more/less cig-a-like feel, more/less (fill in the blank) can help.

I would suggest that you find a way to refill juice on your device, then place an order for two of your favorite flavors.

1. Get 10 or 15 milliliters of 24 mg/ml of your favorite flavor.
2. Get 10 or 15 milliliters of zero nic of the same favorite flavor.

With your favorite device, try some 24 mg/ml juice! Do not feel guilty!

If you get the hiccups, or headaches/dizzy/sick feeling, switch directly to zero nic.

Try some 50/50 of Nic/zero nic.

Adjust to suit.

Konalady

Jul 28, 2011
Hawaii
Rwood9, Yeah, it's so subjective. I'm also at a little over 3 weeks but I don't crave analogs at all. I have 2 packs and a lighter in my desk drawer. I did try one a few days ago while waiting for a battery to charge (and just for the hell of it) and I hated it, snuffed it after 2 hits. I already have a good ejuice supply, different flavors & levels from 0 to 11 nic. I don't think the nic level is much of a factor, I'm just trying to find the perfect flavor for me. Sometimes the old urge comes to light up, but then I look at the pack of smokes and know I wouldn't like it. I'll keep the analogs within reach, I think I'd be more tempted if I felt the option were not available.. I didn't intend to quit analogs entirely so fast, that's just how it worked for me. Light up if you really want to, come here for support. The help here is awesome.

Rwood9

Aug 4, 2011
NC
I'm actually hoping that smoking analogs has temporarily muted my sense of taste. My experience with the flavor of e-liquid has been a bit disappointing so far. Cinnamenthol has been the only thing that had flavor - everything else has what I'd call odor. In some cases even odor has been lacking. I can't imagine that I've been ripped off by numerous vendors with unflavored liquid, so I have to assume that my sense of taste is simply shot.

I'm trying to give things a chance to work.

In answer to Nanovapor, I've been alternating between an Ego-T and a 900 mah Ego battery with a mega dual coil cartomizer. I've been reasonably satisfied with both in terms of ease of use, battery life, and vapor production. Flavor and a certain something else are lacking.

Pammers

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
Michigan
I'm actually hoping that smoking analogs has temporarily muted my sense of taste. My experience with the flavor of e-liquid has been a bit disappointing so far. Cinnamenthol has been the only thing that had flavor - everything else has what I'd call odor. In some cases even odor has been lacking. I can't imagine that I've been ripped off by numerous vendors with unflavored liquid, so I have to assume that my sense of taste is simply shot.

I'm trying to give things a chance to work.

In answer to Nanovapor, I've been alternating between an Ego-T and a 900 mah Ego battery with a mega dual coil cartomizer. I've been reasonably satisfied with both in terms of ease of use, battery life, and vapor production. Flavor and a certain something else are lacking.

It took me 4 months before I could taste any e-juice flavor except the strong cinnamon flavors. I laughed at the way posters here reviewed flavors, talking about the subtle nuances and perfectly balanced such and such - I couldn't taste any of it. I thought they were kidding themselves. Suddenly my taste buds came back to life and now I'm going through my large box of liquids that I set aside having previously deemed them flavorless. They're terrific...with subtle nuances and perfectly blended such and such...

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Rwood9, I now read all of your earlier posts (instead of the summary), you did mention the hardware. Good devices, both of them. There are lots of variables. I like dual coils, but unless you have a lower resistance (2 ohm or less) the vapor production will usually be much less. Be sure to keep the cartomizer very wet. Once they dry out, the burnt taste does not usually go away.

Don't beat yourself up if you smoke a cig once in a while. Count every cigarette that you have not smoked as a good thing! Consider the glass half full. A friend of mine at work has smoked 2 PAD for decades. He has breathing problems. He started vaping similar devices to yours a month ago, and he is now *not* smoking one pack a day.

Every cigarette smoker has a greatly reduced sense of taste and smell. It takes from a few weeks to a month before it starts to get back to normal. That said, do not buy that gallon jug of the juice that you like now, because before long it will taste very different.:laugh:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you would stop smoking analogs
1. You would lose the 4000 chemicals including the one that makes nicotine more addictive, and not to mention the new addition, carpet glue on the paper for fire safety
2. you could really get your sense of smell and taste back and then cigarettes would taste like the awful chemicals that are in them

If you can't stay away from cigarettes then you need to work on your setup. Everything - the hardware, the way you are using the hardware, the juices. If you are using a slim ecig then you cannot get the best heat of vaping which is low resistance cartomizers and atomizers. Heat enhances TH. Even within minis, some are hotter than others, mainly the KR808D-1's with hot cartos like Vapor4Life WOW cartos and the SmokelessImage/Bloogplanet cartos are decently hot too. And if you are using an annoying way to vape like atomizer and cartridge, step up to cartomizers. If you are using high VG juices you are not going to get the TH you could get with high PG juices. And if you have not tried a lot of juices, you are unlikely to find ones that hit the spot for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread