Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Those who are anti vaping will be anti vaping no matter if no one ever broke a law/rule.. it is through education and advocacy that we create a situation where vaping gains a wider acceptance among the general public...

Don't give up so easy my friend, from personal experience I can tell you that minds can be changed. Where I work there was a very negative opinion of vaping. As some here may know I keep a bit of printed data and used that information to educate my coworkers. Our facility went from a no vaping to us being allowed to vape in our office space.

Being a little OCD I print information and keep it in my car, when the anti vaping conversation starts I quietly excuse myself and grab information from my car and rejoin the conversation. It's not enough to just talk the talk because people just believe you are spewing anecdotal information. When you place fact under their noses it makes the argument that much more difficult.

Anyone that wants information on vaping and second hand exposure just shoot me an e-mail and I will either send you PDF's or links to information you can use.

Knowledge is power!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Don't give up so easy my friend, from personal experience I can tell you that minds can be changed. Where I work there was a very negative opinion of vaping. As some here may know I keep a bit of printed data and used that information to educate my coworkers. Our facility went from a no vaping to us being allowed to vape in our office space.

Being a little OCD I print information and keep it in my car, when the anti vaping conversation starts I quietly excuse myself and grab information from my car and rejoin the conversation. It's not enough to just talk the talk because people just believe you are spewing anecdotal information. When you place fact under their noses it makes the argument that much more difficult.

Anyone that wants information on vaping and second hand exposure just shoot me an e-mail and I will either send you PDF's or links to information you can use.

Knowledge is power!

I'm talking specifically in that small sentence about anti vapers, those are people who are not part of the general public and cannot be swayed. Where concerns the general public I spoke of advocacy being a necessity, in that paragraph.. there are two distinct groups there dear.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I do believe you can change minds. An elderly neighbor knocked on my door a few months ago with questions about vaping. Her grandson was vaping to quit smoking and she told him it was dangerous and if he continued to vape he wasn't welcome in her house(She did allow him to smoke). They hadn't spoken since. She had seen me vaping while walking Em. We sat on my steps for over an hour while I shared my experience and benefits I'd gained. She had many questions and had taken all she had read to heart. A few days later her grandson knocked on my door and asked for a hug.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Aww... Leticia that's a great story. I love the idea of handing out information too, and you never know who will be swayed (besides BT and its lobbyists) so I think it's a good habit to get into, I will be PMing for those links, I'm sure I can find a place for it in my overloaded car, LOL. I really need to get on detailing and cleaning that thing. :) It doesn't really smell smoky anymore, but it's still a complete disaster.... No one has smoked in that car for over 60 days! (My husband does not allow me to drive him places, LOL.)

Anna

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@Letitia makes me remember an odd situation that happened to me at the end of july :p
I was basically going to a new vape shop (on the other side of town), and i was waiting for the bus, so of course i was vaping while waiting and there was an old lady smoking right next to me. She started asking me about my vape and stuff so i removed my headphones and answered her questions the best i could,and also told her specificly not to go to any other vape shop than the one i was going to (mainly because of past experiences,since i've tried quite a few vape shops in my town) She really wanted to get off the stinkies and was scared about it,since you know general public misconception is a thing. I told her about my setup since it's a sub 0hm,but told her to start small and go with a mtl setup,explained my choices and told her that "cigalikes" never worked for me either. Made a couple suggestions to her and went on my journey. It felt good tbh i was quite happy to help her out.

NB: by odd situation i mostly mean that i really wasen't expecting that at all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread