Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Nobody quits smoking if they don't really want to. vaping worked for me when I was ready to stop and all the other options were failures.

One thing for sure, nobody quits because someone told them to, even doctors. The first person I helped get started vaping had COPD and could barely breathe, still smoking Parliaments. The second had already had half of one lung removed and still couldn't stop until she found vaping, and even then it took a while to fully move over.

Five a day is 1825 a year, 91.25 cartons. Depending on where you live, it's still a fairly expensive "hobby". I've gotta admit it pleases me that my vaping "hobby" costs less than five smokes a day!

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
If you're looking for positive reinforcement for smoking over vaping, then I think you're in the wrong place. Nobody is going to tell you to stop because simply, if you want to smoke then you will smoke. Sure we all have slips from time to time. But let me tell you a story,

I have a problem with energy drinks. I simply cannot drink anything else as I don't feel "satisfied". It has caused me no end of damage to my teeth. I could easily chug upwards of 40 cans a week at one point. I did stop for awhile but then one day I "treated" myself to the new Monster Ultra... that was about 2 months ago and I've slowly been increasing my consumption since.

What would you call me; knowing that I'm damaging my teeth?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
What is humorous is that just a couple of weeks ago you were posting how you only smoke 3 per day, and now it's already up to 5, but nah you're not addicted. You do whatever you want. You are the only one that can make the decision and the only one that will pay the consequences.

"It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive. If you don't have it, you're on the other side. I'm not an addict, maybe, that's a lie." - K's Choice

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
If you're looking for positive reinforcement for smoking over vaping, then I think you're in the wrong place. Nobody is going to tell you to stop because simply, if you want to smoke then you will smoke. Sure we all have slips from time to time. But let me tell you a story,

I have a problem with energy drinks. I simply cannot drink anything else as I don't feel "satisfied". It has caused me no end of damage to my teeth. I could easily chug upwards of 40 cans a week at one point. I did stop for awhile but then one day I "treated" myself to the new Monster Ultra... that was about 2 months ago and I've slowly been increasing my consumption since.

What would you call me; knowing that I'm damaging my teeth?
The Energizer Bunny that loves soup?:lol:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
My family tells me to go back to vaping but I'm barely smoking and tell them I do it for enjoyment and I'll stop eventually... what do you guys think? Is it really necessary to switch back or no?

What do you care what we think? If you want to smoke then smoke. Make your own decisions. Just know the consequences of your decisions too.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
My family tells me to go back to vaping but I'm barely smoking and tell them I do it for enjoyment and I'll stop eventually... what do you guys think? Is it really necessary to switch back or no?
Meh, I don't know you and what you do has no effect on me or mine...smoke 'em if you got 'em. That's what they used to tell us in boot camp 38 years ago, but then, I did exit boot camp smoking about 35-40 smokes a day...good luck!

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Told myself that for years and ended up smoking 22 years of my life.. One thing I've learned is that you have to want to quit to quit so do whatever you want to do. I will say this though while just 5 smokes a day isn't as bad as the 40-60 a day I was smoking what is so bad about smoking is the smoke, carbon monoxide can take 24 hours to clear out of your blood, you are essentially continuously poisoning your blood in a never ending cycle..

I'd recommend making the switch sooner than later but I'm not here to coerce you, I am a big fan of personal freedoms, I'm a big fan of letting people do what they want to as long as they aren't hurting anyone else so just do what you want but making the switch would improve your quality of life and reduce exposure to toxins..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got a better one for this thread

"it's deja vu all over again"

-- Yogi Berra

From the Street Dictionary

in·san·i·ty

/inˈsanədē/

noun:
  1. The act of doing the same thing again and again and again (and again) and expecting different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread