I feel a bit paranoid to ask this but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've been thinking of using my nautilus again for my morning vapes (mostly because it's easier for me since i have a very sore throat in the morning), thing is i have 2 sub 0hm tanks and my nautilus so total of 3 clearo but only 2 mods.... My question is : is it dangerous to just store one of my tanks sideways or should i try and prompt it up on something so it stays straight ?

Would've put this in the new member forums but seems i can't post new threads there anymore :p
Any help is appreciated
Qc

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Why would it be dangerous? I have like 7 mods and over 20 tanks, i'm abit messy so i often leave tanks with liquid on the table while having other tank on the mod im currently using.

The thing is when you keep tank laying around for several days the VG exposes in the air so you basically ruin the juice, other then that its alright.
In your case, - leaving tank laying around without mod sideways for night and using it at mornings is totally fine.

Keep in mind, keep away animals and kids away from the liquid of the tank with liquid inside since juice sometimes leaks when tank is not used and you surely don't want animals licking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I store a spare mod and tank in my purse and the only thing I did different was to close off the airholes and make sure it wasn't brimmingly full. Did not know about VG and exposure to air, but that's good information to know. Sounds like it might be smarter for me to leave that tank empty altogether. Leakage hasn't been a problem, but I don't want to vape bad juice and I carry at least one bottle. I do put my atomizers on a stand, but only because I was lucky enough to win one :) And, it's awesome....

Anna

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Thanks guys :) ill probably order the aluminium ones but for now i'll most likely use the nautilus box ahah :p seems i can make it stand straight. More scared now since i just noticed my first battery has scratches on it's wrapping 0.0 almost used that thing hot dang don't wanna blow up!
If you have Authentic batteries SONY/LG/Samsung you can just re-wrap those, those never explode, specially sony, as far as i know sony batteries do not blow up on any case, just getting ruined and starting to eject smoke.
Never been in this situation so its not 100% info.
I re-wrap my batteries once in 3-4 months.

Reactions: Letitia

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I have no idea how to re wrap and have no way of getting materials for this (basically i'm poor)
oMnDtFi.jpg
pretty sure it's a bad idea to use it though but i've got no idea which manufacturer this one is from. I know my brown one is an lg (it was written on the box)

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
I have no idea how to re wrap and have no way of getting materials for this (basically i'm poor)
oMnDtFi.jpg
pretty sure it's a bad idea to use it though but i've got no idea which manufacturer this one is from. I know my brown one is an lg (it was written on the box)
INR tag usually used for nitecore but its a weirdo sticker, you should see the "code&name" trough the wrap.

example:
81TMwIXOCqL._SY355_.jpg

Make sure you use authentic batteries.
Making an excuse such as being poor is bad idea, safety first, spend extra 10 bucks and be sure its good without any fears. Saving 5$ isnt gonna save your life "in case"

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Can someone explain to me how air in my tank would ruin my vg but air in my bottle of vg doesn't ruin that?
Tank has large holes air passes trough and cotton doesnt prevent it for too long.
If you leave bottle open for a week or so you'll have the same effect, your juice will be watery.

Besides the vg starting to expose only after couple days of not using the tank, since cotton blocks the air but again not for too long

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rewraps are super cheap, I got a boxfull on Amazon for a pittance. They're easy to use as well, kinda like shrinkydinks.... I rewrapped one so far but only because my Steampunk battery case decided to drop one battery into my (unlidded) coffee cup. I was ready to ditch it but I fished it out really fast, and got advised to just clean with ETOH and rewrap. That was easy, no explosions of any sort.

Also, I have about 3 that need it, gonna get around to it very soon. You can just set that battery aside until you can afford rewraps, you can get them at most vape shops in smaller quantities than I bought, but eh, I was buying for the vacopalypse. :)

Also, re: the VG, that's a good question ColdHeart, I was not using my critical thinking skills well there? How does that work?

Anna

ColdHeartClan

Jul 28, 2017
Madison, Wi
Tank has large holes air passes trough and cotton doesnt prevent it for too long.
If you leave bottle open for a week or so you'll have the same effect, your juice will be watery
Yeahhh I've NEVER had this happen with any tank I've ever used or RDA. Nicotine will break down faster due to air than vg is ruined by air. The steeping process generally involves leaving your bottle open to air thus in your theory ruining juice. I use some pretty high vg juices on my tanks and leave them for weeks sometimes because dripping is bettwr imo.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
INR tag usually used for nitecore but its a weirdo sticker, you should see the "code&name" trough the wrap.

example:
81TMwIXOCqL._SY355_.jpg

Make sure you use authentic batteries.
Making an excuse such as being poor is bad idea, safety first, spend extra 10 bucks and be sure its good without any fears. Saving 5$ isnt gonna save your life "in case"
Saying i'm poor is not an excuse not to buy authentic i do not have the means or the knowledge to re wrap battery and do not feel safe doing so one way or the other, my 2nd battery is an authenthic and i've checked.Also i think the code and stuff are under the sticker,should i remove and check ?

Btw both my batteries were full price i did not save any $$ buying these lol
Avg of about 15$/battery here, think a vape shop clerk told me the green was a samsung though but not sure.

ColdHeartClan

Jul 28, 2017
Madison, Wi
Saying i'm poor is not an excuse not to buy authentic i do not have the means or the knowledge to re wrap battery and do not feel safe doing so one way or the other, my 2nd battery is an authenthic and i've checked.Also i think the code and stuff are under the sticker,should i remove and check ?

Avg of about 15$/battery here, think a vape shop clerk told me the green was a samsung though but not sure.
Re wrapping batteries does not take a degree in rocket science. Merely carefully take your old wrap off. Make sure you keep the little black or white ring from the positive end, measure your new wrap and trim it if needed. Then take a blow dryer on low and get it to shrink around your battery.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015

Oh, well you can take off the sticker and look. Rewraping is easy, you can get pack of 100 wraps for like 4$ and all you do is taking off the old wrap, putting the battery into new wrap, putting the safety ring and then blowing it with the Hair Blow Dryer.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Re wrapping may not take a rocket science degree but i will say this once and only once : this is just like rba,rdta,rba vs oem's clearomiser and their coils, Everything is subjective and no one HAS to do it. I don't feel safe doing it and most likely won't, also i'm in quebec so what applies to you guys may not apply here. I vape because i enjoy it not because i want to get into rewraps and building no one needs to either, Maybe eventually i might who knows but i'm still relatively new to all this and prefer not to do so.
I appreciate still all the help you guys gave me but rewrapping is like rba to me which i simply do not desire to do for now. I'm still getting used to vaping and do not want to go full enthusiast in it since that's not really how i roll anyway. All i wanted to know was if it's safe to use not how to rewrap lol

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I can't answer that question based on a photo. It didn't look so tragic to me, but maybe since you like your local vape shop, bring it in person and ask them? They should have some experience/thoughts, maybe?

Then again, these are YOUR hands, you kinda have to decide on your own... I know I was really paranoid about batteries after reading some of those "exciting" stories, but they really aren't a dime a dozen. I wouldn't feel great about trying to give you a definitive answer, however. And you'll probably get different answers, one of which is, "If you want to save on battery costs then buy some rewraps and learn to use them." If you don't, replace your battery and throw that one into the vacopalyse closet/put away until you DO feel ready?

That's the best I can offer.... :)

Anna

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
For long term storage I store the tanks upright but the ones I bring with me in a fanny pack are laying on the side. I have had one tank fill the A/F when it was sitting unused for a while but that was a surprise when I got e-Liquid all over my hands. Take a small block of wood and drill some holes and you have an install tank holder. I started out with a 3 hole and before the finish was dry I needed bigger so made a 5 hole and before I new I need a bigger one so I made this.

upload_2017-8-10_14-17-22.png

Before that was dry I ran out of space again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread