I feel like an idiot vaping in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrobin347

Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
In no way was smoking in public cool. But at least i was mixed in with other smokers when i was smoking cigarettes. Therefore i kinda blended in with them. Now when i vape in public i feel like everyone is looking at me. I can't help but wonder what they are thinking. They probably think i am smoking some illegal substance or something. I don't even feel comfortable around other smokers while vaping. I feel as if i am drawing attention to myself. I am a pretty shy guy and do not like any extra attention.

Does anyone else struggle with vaping in public? Hopefully this will all pass and eventually i just won't give a damn what people think.

endril

Moved On
Jul 28, 2010
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: multiple of banned member

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
I felt the same way at first lol. The thing that helped me was not trying to hide vaping an e cig. If your attempting to stealth vape with a bunch of people around it really does look suspicious. Just wait until you get your first battery mod and it looks like you are puffing drugs out of a sex toy.... That really does get some attention lol. Happy vaping!

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
It's hard for me to help because I have never been shy. I love talking to people all kinds of people. So for me it's a blast I always show people how it works and what it does. It's a great way to meet people and talk with them. I found that most people are just curious they haven't seen one and wonder what is going on, you can use that to open up to people or if that is really too hard, which I would understand, then I would suggest stealth vaping.

I bring along an extra tip so people can try it out. I have let at least a hundred people try mine that way and many of them are now picking up kits of their own.

Good Luck and Happy Vaping.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
Actually felt the same way, especially when vapeing indoors due to indoor smoking ban. But, I bowl in a league and was vapeing tonight in front of everyone. I had 3 smokers ask me about it and where to get information about PV's so I gave them this website. I did have one non- smoker tell me I couldn't smoke inside, but I just told him it was a fake cigarette and only emitted water vapor and he said that was fine once he realized there was no odor.

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
I didn't mean to sound like a grumpy guss Brad. I'm always all for telling ppl how good it is to vape and explain it to them. It just seems like when I'm at school i always get those crazy questions or they ask questions for 30mins and when i tell them how much they go "oh nevermind I don't have the money for that :censored: so it gets frustrating at times.

Last edited by a moderator:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I just hate answering the same questions from random ppl when I vape in public.

What up Man? I get sick of the same people who bummed smokes off of me trying to bum vapes from me. I don't mind showing them once, but after a while it's like, man go buy a kit and leave mine alone.

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
What up Man? I get sick of the same people who bummed smokes off of me trying to bum vapes from me. I don't mind showing them once, but after a while it's like, man go buy a kit and leave mine alone.

Yeah it's been a while since I talked to you. At my parents helping them with stuff maybe I'll jump into the Insomniac thread later. I'm with you on that statement too. Hope all is well with you too bud.

offset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've been smoking the m401 that looks just like a regular cig and I cup it in my hand so its hard to see. No one has really bothered me about it yet, they probably just wonder why I'm smoking in a weird way. I've even gotten a few "Thats a nasty habit", and "Don't you know those things are bad for you" comments.

I'm going to have to brace myself for the onslaught of spectators i'll get when I start vaping my box mods in public though. Ugh..

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that MOST people are looking at it thinking "I need to get one of those" or "I need to get one of those for so and so..."
I mostly get positive comments and questions about my PS V3.
And I'm always proud to show it off. I'm not a smoker anymore, so I'm not ashamed of NOTHIN when it comes to vaping!:2cool:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Does anyone else struggle with vaping in public? Hopefully this will all pass and eventually i just won't give a damn what people think.

Don't worry about it.

It's just something new to your normal smoking routine. That and the first 2 weeks off of cigarettes, your going to be whacked out anyway. Just concentrate on not smoking and I think that after that passes, you will feel better about vaping in public.

BTW – I stealth vape when I’m around people and I don’t care what they think. I just got tired of answering questions about e-Cigs.

endril

Moved On
Jul 28, 2010
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: multiple of banned member

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I didn't mean to sound like a grumpy guss Brad. I'm always all for telling ppl how good it is to vape and explain it to them. It just seems like when I'm at school i always get those crazy questions or they ask questions for 30mins and when i tell them how much they go "oh nevermind I don't have the money for that :censored: so it gets frustrating at times.

Ah, I hear you. That would get on my nerves too.

Last edited by a moderator:

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I don't really stealth it. but pull it out take a puff or two then put it away. to be honest I kinf of glad to get away from the "go to smoking area, put everything on hold, stand in place and do your thing" scenario. I think its really nice to be able to just pull it out and use it then put it away.
with a cigarette you have to sit there and keep smoking until either it is finished or your time is up and you have to toss the rest. Maybe subconsciously I'm avoiding smokers, I've wondered that, maybe afraid of temptation? Also wonder if I'm just not wanting to be associated with smoking and smokers. Not sure yet.
.....just realized something, today was the first day I went all day without a thought about having a cigarette. Cool.

redrobin347

Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
2. Someone says, you can't smoke here, look up be confident and say, "i'm not smoking I'm vaping".

North Carolina recently banned smoking in all establishments. I'll continue to vape in smoking sections. I see no need to start a confrontation over something that the general public is not knowledgeable of and there is no need for me to push my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread