I finally get the "sweet spot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
I've been vaping for a little over a year. I started with a simple Evod twist, and moved my way up to some higher end VW systems, and even began rebuilding my coils and wicks a few months ago. But I never truely understood what people meant when they talked about that "Sweet Spot" they find.

Until last night. My first RTA was a Tobeco Squape R. It was really nice. Easy to build, and tastes great. But I never Built a coil I loved. I typically used 28g Kanthal, 6 wraps around a 3mm bit. That 1.3ohm coil was my go-to for months. Once in a while I'd try 6 wraps of 26g. But I would get dry hits too often. Last night I decided to do a 28g coil with only 5 wraps. Who would think that that 1 less wrap could make a big difference? But damn! Coming in at 1.07ohms, I can say that I finally understand what you guys are talking about. I've never been too adventurous before. But now I'm going to be trying some new coil ideas to see if I can find the sweet spot on my other devices

Reactions: madangus

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I tried my billow w/ stock coils (.3 dual) and it was ripping hard on my Magneto, then I ramped it down to .7 using 30g nichrome and it became mellow, but steady and never overheating on a mech. Now that I got a working eLeaf 50W, the 30g really shines being either same old mellow temp running it at 4.2 volts, or nice and punchy anywhere higher.

Wick plenty but loose, control that power to really dial any setup in.

Reactions: macis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread