The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I found an article that shows PG lowers Testosterone in men. A bit worried.

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Vap3ster, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vap3ster

Vap3ster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    When I first started vaping I research the ingredients to decide for myself if it was a good idea.

The only bad thing I found till this day was this article about PG causing lower testosterone in men. This article talks about PG but not in ecigs just in general.

Can someone with a better understanding please clear up whether it is truly possible for men to have lower testosterone levels as a effect from the PG in e liquid ?

Last of all the article is not e cig related but talks about effects of PG so please do not contact the author to let them know about the safety of ecigs lol

Low Testosterone And Xenoestrogens | Causes Of Low T | The Daily PT

2. jpwr25

jpwr25 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I may be wrong, but the article makes it sound like the role of PG in decreased testosterone is that it allows for a more rapid uptake of xenoestrogens found in the other ingredients. It does not sound like PG itself is a xenoestrogen, but an accelerant of sorts for the other garbage in personal care products. Again, this is just based on this article, I have not researched further.

We should probably be more worried about the excessive phytoestrogens in the food supply from the use of soy in EVERYTHING. But that's another conversation entirely.

3. Beans

Beans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Missoula Montana
    I don't know or have heard of any testosterone issues with vaping. Are you showing symptoms of Low T? Typical symptoms are...Easy to anger/short fuse, exhaustion to extreme levels, depression, anxiety, weight gain that is not effected by diet and excercise. If you are having these symptoms, PLEASE speak to your doctor. Your piltuary gland is what controls the level of testosterone in your system.

DH has been suffering from it for sometime now ( a non vaper) and takes bimonthly injections that have changed his life. His was caused by sleep apnea, YES, lack of proper sleep is a huge cause of low t. Changes up your brain chemestry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.