I found the best way to treat my standard ego-t attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
By accident, really. Bad accident. Busted my first atty completely, by trying to clean it. Tried to follow Vicki's cleaning steps, but my wick refused to come out, and I busted the coil trying to get it out. The second atty got busted as well. I followed someone else's instructions on dry burning it to get the wick loose. It still never came loose, and I mangled the wick and lost the cap, trying to get it out. Good news is, the second atty is wonderful for a dripping atty now. I just threw the mangled up wick back in there to hold the juice that I drip in. Works like a charm.

Anyone know where I can find decent wicking material to replace the old stuff with once in a while?

I ordered a second kit for a couple of extra batteries and two new attys. This time I'm not even going to try to clean them. I'll probably get a couple more, eventually, of the mega dual coil attys. I really can't see spending 15 bucks for those standards. It's highway robbery. What I'm going to do instead of cleaning, is finding two or three flavors that I like a lot, and designate a single atty for a single flavor.

This way, I'll never mix flavors in my standard vaping attys, and I'll have the dripping atty for the occasional try out flavors.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Naddaone answer. But that's ok. I got the brilliant idea to try a cotton ball. Well, I didn't use the whole ball. I cut off a little piece, that would fit into the atty. Pulling with the cotton down there doesn't get any tighter. The cotton holds quite a bit of juice. I tried to drip it, but a small stream came out of the bottle. The cotton caught it all, so no leakage to the battery. I vaped it for a bit, and it was very tasty. Pulled the cotton out, and not the slightest burn mark, and it's still pretty wet.

Just thought I'd share this with you all. An ego atty with the wick and spike pulled out is great for manual dripping using a piece of cotton. The great thing about it is that you can replace that piece of cotton as often as you'd like. I huge bag of cotton balls cost a dollar. No more mixing flavors.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Naddaone answer. But that's ok. I got the brilliant idea to try a cotton ball. Well, I didn't use the whole ball. I cut off a little piece, that would fit into the atty. Pulling with the cotton down there doesn't get any tighter. The cotton holds quite a bit of juice. I tried to drip it, but a small stream came out of the bottle. The cotton caught it all, so no leakage to the battery. I vaped it for a bit, and it was very tasty. Pulled the cotton out, and not the slightest burn mark, and it's still pretty wet.

Just thought I'd share this with you all. An ego atty with the wick and spike pulled out is great for manual dripping using a piece of cotton. The great thing about it is that you can replace that piece of cotton as often as you'd like. I huge bag of cotton balls cost a dollar. No more mixing flavors.

Cotton is not a good wick - seems like it would be but inhaling cotton has some problems. Used to be a link somewhere but you can google it. silicone rope wicking is what you're looking for. Pretty sure madvapes has some.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
That seems like a good solution, although a lot of work, to replace the wick. I had originally stuffed what was left of my mangled wick down right on the coil and dripped on it the best I could. I would agree that inhaling cotton fibers is probably not a good idea, but A)it's only a very small piece that I use, B) it's all the way down at the bottom of the atomizer, and C)I'm vaping with an empty tank cartridge at the top of atty. A small, wet piece of cotton is not going to come apart and fly up through all of that to my lungs. It's only juice that's getting vaporized, the cotton piece is not. Keep it wet, and it doesn't burn either. But thanks for the link to the zippo wick. I just may try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread