Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m getting way too frustrated just trying to post a question or respond to a message. The pages and options are just too much for this old timer. Sometimes they say simpler is better. And I’m this case I’m going to have to agree.

I just got onto another site where everything things seems so intuitive at this point. Maybe ECF will be that way again today but I can’t give myself a stomach ulcer every time I want to post something

I’ll keep trying but I don’t want to hear a word unless it’s to help me.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I’m getting way too frustrated just trying to post a question or respond to a message. The pages and options are just too much for this old timer. Sometimes they say simpler is better. And I’m this case I’m going to have to agree.

I just got onto another site where everything things seems so intuitive at this point. Maybe ECF will be that way again today but I can’t give myself a stomach ulcer every time I want to post something

Yesterday I was negative about the update, became more positive when I had time to check how one navigates compared to the old forum.
    It will probably be as usual, we have to spend some time to master the changes.

For me, it is the members that make me come to the forum daily.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    And people complained then too, people don't like change, but they get use to it in time, just a bit of a learning curve.
    That's the truth of it. When you have been using any software for a while you move around without having to think about it, then it changes and you have to think again which is a burden. It passes after a while

I was the software guy for many years, whatever you did the users were always mad at you.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yesterday I was negative about the update, became more positive when I had time to check how one navigates compared to the old forum.

I agree. I figure I'll eventually get used to the new changes, but it's the people that I like about ECF.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Oh me as well. I don’t know what I’d do with out the people and support that I receive here. I’ll just keep playing with it unroll it’s second nature. Like I said I hate change and before you know it I have no remembrance of this at all. I hope lol, you all re my second family and my day would truly be a disappointment without saying hi o everyone and chatting about vaping.

It’s just a new website not rocket science so if I make a ton of errors please don’t make up of me. I get embarrassed easily for some reasons.
    Hang in there Fidola. I know it is Frustrating.

Things that were Simple and Intuitive now seem Awkward. But I think things will get Better. It just might take Longer than any of us like.

Thanks I appreciate it. I can’t be the only one fonding this frustrating but like you and other have said “ hang in there”

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thanks I appreciate it. I can’t be the only one fonding this frustrating but like you and other have said “ hang in there”

Trust Me, You are NOT the Only One who Finds this Upgrade to be a PITA. It is.

But We'll get thru it. They'll bring back some of the Functionality that has been Lost. And We'll find work arounds for what just Doesn't Work.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Hang in there Fidola. I know it is Frustrating.

Things that were Simple and Intuitive now seem Awkward. But I think things will get Better. It just might take Longer than any of us like.

UntamedRose

PV Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2010
    Homeish now
    Ive been here for a decade.......... I was an ECF mod for years(Not now) .............. I am also dyslexia and the new form updates are Hard core messing with me............

If you love the people here............ give the mods a half a chance to clean it up.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I'm having a rough time adjusting too. I think I just need to spend some time poking around with the settings to see if I can change the layout and colors. Like a lot of you already said, I'll get used to it eventually. Far too much information on here for me to give up completely.

I've been just poking around and playing with stuff too.

We had to do this as the version we were on is no longer supported.
    Last forum change was waaaaay back in 2015 when we went from VB to ZenForo.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm fairly certain those are things that cannot be changed. They are written into the Xenforo software code.

You posted about that in the proper thread. Alex and/or Classy might be able to do something with those. They have the ability to make 'under the hood' changes. I do not.

BTW, what's wrong with the location of the 'Joined' date???
    View attachment 979613
    To me, it looks like it's in a Logical place.
    Yes I know, you can "hover" to see it,
    BUT, you should be able to see it at a glance (without hovering)
    Also location should be visible.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Totally agree about removing achievements and level ups from notifications! Personally for me it's just annoying irrelevant clutter. I understand some members enjoy those so it should be a choice. I stumbled on some settings that cleared up some of that for me but honestly can't remember where in my account it was.
    If you go to your account settings, under Preferences, you can scroll down and turn off alerts for all that stuff.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Oh me as well. I don’t know what I’d do with out the people and support that I receive here. I’ll just keep playing with it unroll it’s second nature. Like I said I hate change and before you know it I have no remembrance of this at all. I hope lol, you all re my second family and my day would truly be a disappointment without saying hi o everyone and chatting about vaping.

It’s just a new website not rocket science so if I make a ton of errors please don’t make up of me. I get embarrassed easily for some reasons.

The title of this thread is very discouraging and it keeps getting posts and showing up on the front page.

I understand some are frustrated but seeing that title frequently seems like a death sentence for the forum. This upgrade may require some adjustment but certainly isn't so problematic that leaving makes sense.

I've chosen to ignore this thread for my own peace of mind.

@Fidola13 is managing quite well now and as I completely with @440BB, I am moving this to Site Feedback and Help and closing it :)

We are all having to step out of autopilot and rewire our brains and fingers...but we'll get there :)

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    b67.gif

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.