Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I Got My Yeti!

OK, 1st Day With It, batteries Are Now Charged Up 8 Hours, Up & Running 1 Hour Now!

So Far Compared to My Dead Janty Dura's aka 510:

- Same Sensitive Battery as the Dura, Allegedly Improved, both batteries came flashing (Red LED's) red while still in the package

- Atomizer Changed: 3 Side Holes, 1 Blocked

- Cartridges Still Leak (Damn!)

Lets Fire It Up! : I Got Great Smoke So Far! :evil::evil::evil:

More To Come! Let's Here It From The Rest of The New Yeti Owners!

Someone Should Start A New Poll On It Soon.

I am Duraless Until The Dura-C's Arrive

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Me too.

first battery is all charged up and I am puffing away.

Cart leakage issues are still there.
My batteries were also lit up before I could even get them out of the box.
Lots of vapor.
Lots of flavor - RY4 not on my favorites list, but bearable
I love the matte black finish- it is almost rubbery, nice feel to it.

Matt36

Nov 5, 2008
Wirral, UK
I got my JOYE510 a couple of days ago. It was really powerful for the first day, but seems to have calmed down a bit now. Still get a nice throat hit though which is what I really wanted this model for. My Penstyle, 901, and Evo don't give a consistent throat hit like this does.

One of my batteries stuck for a couple of hours, even though I was really careful not to let juice leak down into it. Luckily it seemed to right itself. Carts leak alot down the outside too, and I'm getting one of my atomizers replaced as the carts won't fit in properly without pushing them really hard, but bdoing this, the end of the atomizer shaves strips of plastic off the cart.

All that said, I am really enjoying the way the vapour feels and tastes.

PS, Did anyone have a strange looking solid substance stuffed under the bridge in the atomizer? I'm guessing it was some kind of primer but I've never seen primer look like this before.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I got a 510 a few days ago. I do quite like it but there are some issues. The first atomiser I used was really "aggressive" from the start, sizzling loudly when I took a puff. It would get very hot on the outside after a couple of puffs and seemed to dry out topped off cartridges very quickly. Loads of vapour and a great throat hit. It was nice to use but it died after a days use. The second one isn't quite as lively, it produces a bit less of a hit and less vapour. Not bad though. But it lives, for the moment.... I've not had any battery issues.

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
I got a 510 a few days ago. I do quite like it but there are some issues. The first atomiser I used was really "aggressive" from the start, sizzling loudly when I took a puff. It would get very hot on the outside after a couple of puffs and seemed to dry out topped off cartridges very quickly. Loads of vapour and a great throat hit. It was nice to use but it died after a days use. The second one isn't quite as lively, it produces a bit less of a hit and less vapour. Not bad though. But it lives, for the moment.... I've not had any battery issues.

Hmmm... should I be worried? My atomizer is "agressive" too. Makes loud sizzling/whistling sounds and loads of vapor. I really like the throat hit. Its not burning my throat but I can really feel it.

So far its been working great but still too early to tell. Only having a small issue with the outside leaking a bit. Its not leaking into the battery or my mouth so I can live with that.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Update: Ok I am Still Vaping My Yeti, Slowly so not to overheat it. Yes its thirsty and Yes good smoke!

EDIT: 1st Battery is Now DEAD (needs another charge already....)

Looks Like Janty Did The Right Thing About Not Putting This Dura Back Up.

The batteries are practically turn on themselves, again too sensitive, hopefully they did not put the switches in backwards again.

I don't know if these are the New Updated Carts that came with or not, cuz they do suck. Besides dripping all over the place The material is very hairy in the (2) I opened & using, I pulled some out and it was in pieces...

WTF Joyetech? I think these guys are smoking some better stuff over their...

Overall I Still Like It, But Its Only Been A Few Hours.

Duraless?

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
OK I am Up, Smoked My Yeti's to The Batteries Needed Charging Last Night, they may have lasted about an hour or so alternating between (2 Yeti's) them.

So I let the batteries charge overnight, this will be their 2nd 8 Hour Charge, lets see how it goes today.

Cart Update: I did notice one change to the new carts, The Top of Them (looking at the hole on top) has a small rim & is now slightly lower, making a dish look, meaning if you any liquid past the outside hole it should go back down the hole into the cart. The edges are still rough & sharp.

I still don't have time to fully examine the whole unit, maybe some of you other new owners can start updating their findings.

And Yes It Runs Hot & The New Carts Do Leak all over the place.....

YetiDura510test

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
2nd Update Today #2 Yeti / Joye 510 Brand New Battery is Already Out of Power within an 1 1/2 Hours (after The Last 8 Hour Charge)....

This is Looking Like The Original Dura Battery Problems Now....

The Cart: The Cart Design Is a Failure, Still Leaking and these are the New Designed Models for The Dura...

I am Losing All Hope Right Now, Joyetech's 510 Looks Like Another Dura Loser!!!

JOYETECH CAN U HEAR ME NOW!

YetiDura510test

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
My Yeyi does leak a little, but no worse than the 901's I have been using. I'm mostly tired of the 901. The Yeti is good so far, but this is my first day. Throat hit is as good and sometimes better than the 901. Battery life is better than the 901. Vapor is very good, and yes it is a juice hog, but right now, it is very good.

rsmith76

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
3rd Update Yeti / 510 / Beast / Dura: All Batteries are Discharged Again from Normal Use.

I am getting about 30 to 45 Minutes of Use Now From Each New Battery.

Back to The Charger Again.

Still Vaping Good! I Like it.

Nothing Else Has Changed, ie The Carts Did Not Fix Themselves, still leaking even leaving them flat on a table...

StillDuraless

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA

I guess it is hit and miss on the leaky carts. I have only had 1 old, very worn cart leak on me. It seems to be tighter than my old Dura was. It takes quite a bit of force to insert the cart compared to the Dura. Maybe I just got lucky and found a good one.
The leaky cart problem is clearly a blatant problem in engineering and must be (and should have been) taken care of by Joye. If this keeps up, I have a feeling that suppliers will stop purchasing products from them just because it is too much of a hassle dealing with this many problems.

MitchV4

Dec 31, 2008
New England, USA
Received my Yetis on Thursday and have been including them in my rotation since (401, EVO, 901s). Some leakage problems with one, but minor as I try not to fill/overfill the carts when I top off. After a night's rest, I usually wipe off the exterior with a paper towel, just in case. I've been getting really excellent vapor from one unit from the get-go. The other was not quite as good but does seem to be improving with use; better than average compared to a 901 now. One battery I got with the kit (from AltSmoke) has the short cutoff cycle (5 secs?), which is annoying. The other battery is more like 7-8 seconds, which works fine for my vaping style. I tried the "blow backwards through the battery and rap on the table" fix on the short-cycle battery...it actually seems to help! :) The atm's do seem to heat up pretty quickly, but that may be why vapor production is better than average. I tend to rotate between several e-cigs while I'm at the PC, so it's not been a problem so far. I'll see how atm life-span compares to other models with some more use.

So far I'm getting around 2 hours from each battery, which seems to be better than average...guess I may have gotten lucky!

I understand that Joye will be distributing the switched battery to 510 suppliers soon, so I'm looking forward to giving that a try. If they can resolve the cart design issues and tighten up on their quality control, I think this will be a great addition to anyone's e-cig 'stable'!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread