I got the last Woodvil of the last batch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
....and am I soooo happy with it! I can't post a picture of it yet (gotta do my thing on Photobucket) but I love this so much. I got the jatoba and asked Rob if he could put a jatoba door on it (he did). It's absolutely beautiful, and works like a champ. As I keep seeing the dates for the next releases of REOs getting moved back, I am so very glad that I got one. If I were sitting here waiting for one, I'd be going crazy! As it is, this thing doesn't leave my hand. I got an AW IMR 18650 2900mAh battery for it, and it lasts me all day and all night and then some.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It did a little bit at first. I just thought of it like I would a new car smell in a new car. (Proved to me it wasn't used. Ha.) I've had it now since Monday and it is much less. I did leave the door off overnight. It'll go away soon. What wood do you have? Is it beautiful? Is the smell going away a little? I'm confident it'll go away on mine, and until it does, it's not bothering me much.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
....and am I soooo happy with it! I can't post a picture of it yet (gotta do my thing on Photobucket) but I love this so much. I got the jatoba and asked Rob if he could put a jatoba door on it (he did). It's absolutely beautiful, and works like a champ. As I keep seeing the dates for the next releases of REOs getting moved back, I am so very glad that I got one. If I were sitting here waiting for one, I'd be going crazy! As it is, this thing doesn't leave my hand. I got an AW IMR 18650 2900mAh battery for it, and it lasts me all day and all night and then some.

Congratulations! I know what you mean about the Reo not leaving your hand. My hand has become my Reo's permanent pocket too! heeheeee!

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
It did a little bit at first. I just thought of it like I would a new car smell in a new car. (Proved to me it wasn't used. Ha.) I've had it now since Monday and it is much less. I did leave the door off overnight. It'll go away soon. What wood do you have? Is it beautiful? Is the smell going away a little? I'm confident it'll go away on mine, and until it does, it's not bothering me much.
I have the Walnut/Maple and it's freaking gorgeous! I've had mine since Monday too. The smell is still pretty strong. I've had it outside airing out for 2 days, but it's still un-vapable to me. Hopefully it will clear up soon. It's killing me not being able to use it. Luckily, I have my Mini to keep me going.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Well, I'm finally going to be joining the ranks of the Wood faring REOnauti :banana: and I will pay close attention to the odor. I am confident that it will dissipate in time, but it bums me out hearing that Skyycamel can't vape his yet. MX has an Oak/Oak and the odor was gone in a few days. I wonder if the different woods have a faster drying/curing time than others. hmmmm......

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com

Forgot to say.... :banana: WOOHOO!!! :banana:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
SKYY, I wonder if you could gently wipe the insides down with something.....Febreze or something. Or maybe vinegar would cut the smell (or replace it with something worse! LOL) or lessen it. I notice that the inside smells a lot stronger than the outside, so I'm sure airing it out will work sooner or later.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
SKYY, I wonder if you could gently wipe the insides down with something.....Febreze or something. Or maybe vinegar would cut the smell (or replace it with something worse! LOL) or lessen it. I notice that the inside smells a lot stronger than the outside, so I'm sure airing it out will work sooner or later.

I heard that lemon oil might help but take caution as wood is very delicate.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Sky has a walnut witch is on the softer side as far as the woods that I use so it does absorb more oil so it will take a little longer for the odor to go away.I no the oil smells but it has to be done .I don't mind the smell of tung oil or maybe I am just use to it

Who needs PV's when you can get the sensation from tung oil.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Sky has a walnut witch is on the softer side as far as the woods that I use so it does absorb more oil so it will take a little longer for the odor to go away.I no the oil smells but it has to be done .I don't mind the smell of tung oil or maybe I am just use to it

That makes sense....I was trying to figure out how to google my query. :laugh: :facepalm: yea, I'm a dork.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Good luck. After redeyedancer said he didn't mind the smell of Tung oil, I realized that neither do I, really. That's why it's not bothering me even if I do smell it a little.

Rhapsodies..Woo Hoo to you, too. I think you're going to love your Woodvil. I love my Mini, but this Woodvil lasts me all day and all night, and for the first time ever I feel safe going somewhere without "packing a kit" full of extra stuff in my purse. I just grab my cell, grab my REO, grab my keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread