I got the vapers tongue :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
I don't usually vape a lot , but I recently started DIY ejuice , and made a really nice strawberry flavor. Since most other flavors need to steep, I just vaped strawberry all day mostly. Well Now i got that dreaded vapors tongue. I've had it twice before , but it was like 4 years ago , and now I cannot remember how long it lasted.

Anyone remember how long vapors tongue usually lasts? Is it okay to vape menthol/minty flavors until it goes away, or better to quit vaping for awhile? (I only vape for flavor , i vape 0% nic - quit smoking 10 years ago)

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been vaping for 6 years steady. I get vaper's tongue at least once a year. Usually lasts about a week.

I see no reason to exclude any flavors. In fact, you might be able to taste the stronger flavors like menthol, mint, and cinnamon. Exhale some of you vapor out your nose, as your sense of smell assists your sense of taste.

Basically, just continue good oral hygiene.

Vaper's Tongue: What is it and what can be done?
The Dreaded Vaper’s Tongue: What is it, what causes it and how to cure it

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I got vaper's tongue once and I didn't care for it. Best of luck, stay hydrated, good oral hygiene and etc.

You might try some really strong (not your usual) flavors, if you don't switch to unflavored. I kind of did, because it was easier than expecting flavor. Or, I vaped flavors I didn't like but still had around. Make it work for you.

Best of luck, I also repeated, "It will pass, it will pass" like infinity times.

The good news is my "new" tastebuds work a heck of a lot better than my old, damaged by smoking ones.

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Change flavors constantly.
Probably an excellent idea, because I believe vaper's tongue probably results from "flavor over-saturation" by using the same flavor constantly.

People searching for that ADV (all day vape) probably shouldn't put so much emphysis on finding a single flavor to use all day long.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Meh. Some people are fine with an all day vape. I am not, I would get bored. I will say, changing flavors all the time keeps them fresh. I'm a fan. I don't even leave the house without at least 3 vapes.

Of course, you should see my purse. But some ppl just seem more succeptible to vaper's tongue than others.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've been vaping the same ADV for more than 1.5 years, and haven't had vaper's tongue at all. But, before that, not even using the same eliquid, I got it once. What got rid of it for me...was someone's suggestion that I eat just 1 of those little round cinnamon red hot candy pieces. I've also seen people post that eating a single dill pickle worked for them. Also, in addition to brushing your teeth...use one of those tongue scrapers or brush your tongue, too, with your toothbrush.

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
I actually just had this, and it was bad, no taste also my tongue felt sort of burnt.Tried eating pickles,smelling coffee grains, constantly gargling water, sucking on a lemon and nothing worked. Then I went and bought a mint/menthol flavor and after only vaping that for half of a day it went away. Good luck and try the above methods, you will find what works for you.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I rotate through 3 flavors. 2 of which have been adv's for about 5 years. If I vape the third (banana) I can taste the other 2 for awhile . :lol:

I'm confused though, why the suggestion to stay away from mint or menthol? Seems like the perfect time to vape those.

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
I rotate through 3 flavors. 2 of which have been adv's for about 5 years. If I vape the third (banana) I can taste the other 2 for awhile . :lol:

I'm confused though, why the suggestion to stay away from mint or menthol? Seems like the perfect time to vape those.
That confused me as well. Of 6 different methods tried that’s the only one that worked for me. I think it just confirms each person has different reactions? Idk.

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
Meh. Some people are fine with an all day vape. I am not, I would get bored. I will say, changing flavors all the time keeps them fresh. I'm a fan. I don't even leave the house without at least 3 vapes.

Of course, you should see my purse. But some ppl just seem more succeptible to vaper's tongue than others.

Anna
I go through about the same, 3-4 different flavors with no problems. I am jealous you being a female get to carry around 3 flavors in your purse. Hmm maybe I should start wearing a fanny pack LMAOO.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Early in my first year of vaping i would get vt every couple of months. Sometimes it could last 7-10 days. Then I started to change flavors, sometimes as many as 4-5 times a day and this helped me more than any other suggestion I got. Vt disapeared completely around the 18 month mark, but i still have about 4-5 adv's that i change up every other day or so, cause they do start to get bland after a while.

BOL. :?)

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
That confused me as well. Of 6 different methods tried that’s the only one that worked for me. I think it just confirms each person has different reactions? Idk.
Reason is that Vogue is cause by over stimulation of taste buds..... removing or reducing stimuli allows the tasters to recover.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
I think my vaping tougne is gone already, I can taste all my flavours, I just feel like everything is not as sweet as I would like it to be. I always felt that way about commercial juice too, either it was too dull tasting or perfume and gross tasting. I made 5 diy flavours so far and they all taste good , just not as sweet as I would like. I think I might need to steep, if hey are still dull I will have to add more sweetener or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread