The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I had a friend...

Discussion in 'Wellness: Wrecked & Bonkers' started by Rickajho, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    with bipolar and schizophrenia. I just found out a couple hours ago that she died earlier this year. Only age 53.

We don't even know what happened since she had no family she was in contact with. In the last three years or so she stopped responding to medications and 'turned off." Would no longer answer the phone or call back if you left messages. Then she stopped doing e-mail as well. All I do know is she wasn't taking care of herself for years because she had developed a progressively severe paranoia about MD's and medical procedures. So what happened could have been anything.

Still kind of in shock hearing the news.

2. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    That is sad. :cry:

My deepest sympathy and a comforting (((hug))).

3. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    Sorry to hear of your friend's death. I'm sure it had to be a shock to you.

4. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    So sorry about the loss of your friend Rick {{{hugs}}}

5. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    It's a tough disorder when the medications stop working. When she was "with it" she was one of the funniest & brightest people I know. When she was off her meds you just knew - it was exhausting non-stop conspiracy theories. Hallucinations.

Then the meds stopped working. It wasn't like she stopped taking them. (yeah - she did that. We know it happens.) But the problems became so bad at one point she spent two months in involuntary with court ordered medication & treatment. She never came back to "with it" again.

I don't know if it was coincidence or common to the disorder, but once she hit menopause that's when she became resistant to the meds. She was on dosage levels of seraquil that no human should ever take - yet no benefit whatsoever. Nothing worked any more.

Rambling...

6. FLSunshine

FLSunshine Full Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Palm Coast, FL, USA
    Rick, I don't know you but I worked with mentally and developmentally disabled with "behaviors" for years. there are no answers. When they are medicated its someone's best guess based on past results with others and in medical journals. That's why I feel its called a medical "practice"
    Its very difficult to watch and feel helpless when they are in a spiral and nothing is working. What is awesome as that she had friends that stayed her friends in spite of that. People even those in mental turmoil know love. I believe it's in our soul.
    Rambling? I wouldn't call it rambling, its pain, remembrance and maybe it will help someone else who is going through some of what you went through with your friend.
    I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
    One thing I do know is people in this forum seem to care about each other and by reading people support of you they care about you as well as you cared about your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.