I had a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden101

Jun 30, 2014
United States
Hello all, I am new to this forum after reading as a guest for over a month.

I read a lot about vapor production versus flavor. I know most people here started vaping to quit smoking, then went on to make it a hobby.

I have never been a smoker and I really enjoy doing things with my hands, so I want to start building mods and coils, just doing the hobby part mostly.

So my question is this: which do you prefer; vapor production or flavor and how do you accomplish this goal?

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
I'm simple, like my kfl+ clones, higher vg blends give more vapor production, higher pg blends more throat hit and flavor, different wicking media also accent flavor more, rebuilding is fun cause it can be simple or more complex, I do it just to save money though, but have better flavor from my simple builds, so it's been a win-win for me. Always something new to learn or try out, so that aspect is fun too . I tend to vape 70vg30pg or 60/40 blends, enough flavor for me and good vapor

Last edited:

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Both really, I have not bought tasty liquids because there's not enough clouds, not bought storm-cloud producing liquids because they haven't tasted good. As someone trying to replace smoking with vaping, flavour is important to me as it keeps me coming back and away from the cigs. If i was just doing it as a hobby i think i'd probably be more focussed on getting the biggest clouds possible, with flavour coming a close 2nd

Nep2nes

Verified Member
Personally, I enjoy more vapor than flavor. I also think it has to do with what type of juice you are into. I'm heavy set into the cream, sweet, and savory rather than the fruity flavors. Vaping helped me quit smoking and I first started with the Blu e-cigs, because it was the closest thing I felt to getting a drag from a cig. With big clouds, it gives me the sensation of taking a drag, but it tastes much much better..which is the reason why I prefer clouds over flavor (anything tasting better than cigarettes is a plus for me)

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thanks for all your input!

It looks like I'm just going to have to dive in and see what works for me!

That's probably the best way to do it. Jump in, experiment a little, and see what you like!

Everyone's a little different, I normally tend to stick around the 1 ohm range, using microcoils and cotton. That seems to be my happy place, give or take a little resistance, unless I'm doing dual (or more) coils. But I don't really cloud chase very often, usually around the house when I'm trying to scare the pets with my portable fog machine, lol!

Raiden101

Jun 30, 2014
United States
I would like to see pictures of that Draconis!

I've tried my hand at several hobbies, Including competition shooting and Nitro RC cars, but those are VERY expensive. My girlfriends parents have been smokers for years and are quitting using vapor equipment. I see the fun and money saving in building the coils and making your own juices, mostly for use in my girlfriends mom's numerous tanks, and also the clouds of vapor I've seen in videos on YouTube and at the vapor meets at the B&M's are really interesting to me

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Raiden101. So glad you are here. And what a wonderful place to be. As far as I am concerned, I am just looking for a simplistically dependable device and that is what I have found with the reo grand. Good luck to you and happy vaping. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Both really, I have not bought tasty liquids because there's not enough clouds, not bought storm-cloud producing liquids because they haven't tasted good. As someone trying to replace smoking with vaping, flavour is important to me as it keeps me coming back and away from the cigs. If i was just doing it as a hobby i think i'd probably be more focussed on getting the biggest clouds possible, with flavour coming a close 2nd

The easiest way for me to quit smoking was to taper off while vaping. The first week I vaped I went from 2 PAD to 6 cigarettes a day. I did that for two years and finally starting smoking my after meal cigarettes with my ecig in the other hand. I'd take a hit off one and then the other. It helped me to realize that the cigarette was nasty and the vapor was good. Once I admitted that to myself I decided not to buy another pack of smokes. I quit and never wanted a smoke again. The sad part is that I could have been smoke free now for 4 years instead of two had I done that right off the bat.

Still, I'm glad to be free of cigarettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread