The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

i hate the burnt flavor

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by pita1028, Jul 16, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pita1028

pita1028 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    North Jersey
    You can already tell what the rant and question is. I'm going to type it anyway. Im tired of cleaning every week or two because of burnt flavor. Can some of you veterans recommend something that almost never burns or needs cleaned. I've been using different systems on my vtube and if I need to switch everything that's fine. I'm just tired of the extra maintenance.

2. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    Illinois
    Honestly, I know of nothing that doesn't need to be cleaned or replace after a week or so. I hear reports here where people have gone two weeks or more on a particular setup, but I believe that is far the exception than the rule. Think about what we're doing. Heating flavored liquids to high temperatures god knows how many times a day for several days. There is no way around creating "gunk" in doing this. And when this happens, our device ca't flow fluids like they should and our coils heat the "gunk" giving poor flavor. That's vaping!

3. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I've come to like the vivi nova tanks, easy to unscrew and clean, pop the bottom and atty on alone if you care to dry burn. I stick to the 2.4 and 2.8 ohm and vape them about 4.5 - 4.8v, good flavor, vapor and don't get any burnt tastes..:)

4. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    What he said.

5. Miira

Miira Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Seaside, CA
    I have found that if I keep my stardusts filled above half, that burnt flavor takes much longer to appear. You may have similar success with other tanks/clearos.

6. AttyPops

AttyPops Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Well, not with the intent of negating my fellow vets, but I wouldn't go with a tank setup if I was in the "maintenance blues" stage. We've mostly all been there. Tanks have more "fiddle factor" to get used to, IMO. That said, long term they can extend carto life a bit and provide a lot of juice capacity so less refilling.

But hey, if you want to reduce maintenance, the only way to do that is to throw money at it. The least expensive way is to fill "blank" cartos yourself (using DIY juice is even lower cost) and then tossing them. It's just a matter of finding cartos that you like and filling several at a time (so you have a few days worth prepped).

I've vaped a CE2 here for about a week without cleaning so far. Not too bad. The juice you use will vary the duration (darker & sweeter juices gunk faster). I think they were about $12.00 for a box of 5. They go through juice faster too.

I normally drip using atomizers. However, I'm experimenting with CE2s (even though I normally hate cartos) for driving purposes, since dripping and driving is a pain. I don't recommend you use atties if you don't like cleaning them once in a while.

Note that some juices burn easier than others also. Fruit flavors need cooler setups, IMO. But gunk is gunk and accumulates.

Good Luck!

7. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    I don't know what your using, but I gotta clean the CE2's I use in tanks after about 6 to 8ml's of liquid. Every two days pretty much, they don't taste burnt just start to not perform very well, just the nature of the beast I guess. I don't know, it's either clean or toss, no way around it. If someone does come up with something that last longer or is self cleaning they're gonna make some bucks.

8. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    A burnt taste can only be caused by one of two things, the voltage is set to high or a wicking problem.

What I see as a common trend with VV/VW type devices is the "by damn I'm gonna vape at x.x volts and this atty/carto better deliver" syndrome. The reason for having VV is so that you can adjust it to where you don't have a burnt taste.

9. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    The solution to your problem is simple. It'll cost more but, if you want more convenience, don't clean anything. Just replace it. You clean to save money and avoid replacement costs. The replacement cost for most things is pretty low. So, if you like what you're using but, find the cleaning aggravating, just don't clean.

10. ricklynchcore

ricklynchcore Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Chicago, Il
    I think my "DID" always tastes good, since you have no material other than stainless, not much to left to develop bad taste. The trade off is a learning curve on making your original coil, wick combination. Once you master the fiddle factor, weekly you pull the wick, dry burn the coil, burn off the wick, juice the wick and re-burn, replace in "DID", and off to the races you go. I grant you, it is not maintenance free, nothing is, but I can do the above in about 5 minutes, and the taste cant be beat. However, as stated, there is a learning curve with the rebuildables, but I find it fun. I really like never buying another store bought atomizer, and being able to control my ohms.

11. mostapha

mostapha Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm actually amazed at how long my attys are lasting compared to what I expected……though they're all about dead.

One of the newer ones was tasting burnt, so I de-bridged it. Works a lot better, though there seems to be a lot more dripping involved. Maybe give that a try?

And I've never cleaned a carto. Don't plan on it either. They're cheap.

12. teamscon

teamscon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    NC
    vivi nova tanks atty head comes off in 5secs .. put on a new one .. ur done. Just wash the old head off and let it dry. No down time etc. I can take the head off my vivi ... run hot water over to clean .. dry wick and dry burn coil until it glows red in around 3mins 12secs lol.

lavatube and vivi nova are rockin out hard .. best purchases I have made by far.

13. SteveMacc

SteveMacc Full Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Manchester, UK
    If you are using a rebuild-able like a Bulli or a ViVi Nova, try a cotton wick. They don't seem to gunk up as fast as a glass fibre wick.

14. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    I'm using a cotton wick in a Penelope right now. It's at least as good as the silica wick it came with. I don't get more than three days off of either one though. That said, the taste and vape cannot be beat. I have some genesis on the way but, they have some serious competition.

15. myxomatosis

myxomatosis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    KC
    +1 for the Vivi. I've been going back and forth between 2 Vivi's for about a month now and haven't had to clean them yet at all. Super low maintenance so far. And cheap compared to the DiD and Penelope. If you have a smaller PV, look for the mini! They're both in short supply right now but there is 0 tweaking I've had to do with it. It's perfect right out of the box for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.